It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Group Tries To Blackmail France (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Basically a group of Individuals are trying to blackmail French companies. There have been other letters from group in the past. They like to call themselves AZF. They have threatened in the past to to poison the products of companies if the companies do not hand over A million dollars.

freeinternetpress.com
A mysterious group that has issued threats in the past has sent a letter to French President Jacques Chirac threatening to act if it does not receive a pay-off.

The group, calling itself AZF, sent out two letters on Thursday, one to Chirac threatening to take action in May if it does not receive a payment, judicial officials said. They did not elaborate.

It was not immediately clear what the group, which had issued threats in the past, was demanding.

In July, AZF sent letters threatening eight multi-national food and cosmetics companies, saying they would poison their products if they didn't each pay one million euros (£693,000 or about $1.3 million U.S.). No evidence of a poison plot was found.

Officials had said the threats appeared unrelated to blackmail attempts earlier in 2004 by a group using the same name, which threatened to bomb railway targets unless the government paid them millions of pounds.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I wonder if this is accually an organized terrorist plot trying to fund raise for their cause in France. If not Why would they want to blackmail the French Government? I know they could be a a bunch of regular criminals trying to get money the easy way but what if its not what if its more serious.

[edit on 27-3-2005 by digitalassassin]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
eursoc.com...

This is another link i found about the Group known as AZF. Below is a peice of what is on the site.

A shady terror group is demanding $5 million from the French government - otherwise it will detonate ten bombs hidden around the French railway network.

How does the government plan to combat this new threat? By paying them off, of course. It wasn't always like this.

The group, which calls itself AZF, started sending threatening letters to president Jacques Chirac and interior minister Nicolas Sarkozy in December. Further letters followed in January, and on February 21, cops were given the GPS location of a bomb planted near Limoges in the south-west of the country.

The device, which police described as "surprisingly sophisticated" was detonated by investigators. The Guardian reports that the blast sent a 35kg chunk of railway hurtling 25 metres.

By this stage, the AZF was demanding $5 million in dollars and Euros.

Investigators, who initially tried to cover up the blackmail threats, eventually came clean when a local newspaper published letters it had received. The organisation has also used personal columns in national daily Liberation - the in-house organ of France's far-left - to communicate with the government.

[edit on 27-3-2005 by digitalassassin]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I am not going to vote now, but give a chance for corrections/improvement.

The opening and closing segments need to be filled out with more detail, and need to be better written.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The opening and closing segments have been upgraded did you vote.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I have done. The only reason I mention it is because I have had some submissions thrown back due to "minimal" entries. It is a newsworthy story, just needs fleshing out.

Another tip, I notice on some other submissions of yours you post below with updates. Might be worthwhile seeing if you can put that info in your original post, makes it look alot better!

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Good story, interesting info. that would surely have been under the radar. I wonder how much of this blackmailing stuff goes on that we never know about.

[edit on 27-3-2005 by JoeDoaks]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I wonder if the USA has ever been blackmailed

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'm how sorry, but how are they unable to trace the bank accounts?
And how about tracing the explosives instead of just exploding them?

It seems silly, I mean, do you negotiate with the guys, and tell them you will only pay $2.5 million for the explosive they may have set?

As for their GOAL, what is it, to collect $5 million dollars, or to bomb remote obscure parts of railways? Do they want to get rich, or injure civilians and spend their life in jail?

We can't assume that because someone acts in an illogical way that they possess no Logic. Only that they knoW something we don't know.

Imagine if you knew where an asteroid was going to hit Earth, could you hold the planet for ransom?

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Typically french to surrender to the terror and pay them. They are given time to at least attempt to investigate the threat and yet they pay.

I might invade france in the spring, when the weather warms up. if anyone wants to join me, I promise to give them a piece of the property.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
We could probably do it with 10 or 20 people and slingshots

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I don't think we even need to go there. I will send Chirac a letter telling him of my plans. He'll send the deed to the land and France will be ours.

I'll need to draw up some new laws, other than the obvious shaving requirements.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Did i miss the bit where France paid up?

Also this has happened before, france said no, searched the tracks, no bombs were found.

top topics

join