It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex education and the destruction of American morality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I was looking for such article since a long time ago.

" Evil idea ".These are the rights words.

The third evil idea came from sexologist Alfred C. Kinsey, head of the Institute for Sex Research at Indiana University, funded by the Rockefeller Foundation. Dr. Kinsey's famous report, "Sexual Behavior in the Human Male," published in 1958, preached the idea that human beings are sexual from birth. The data on 317 infants and young boys supposedly provided the scientific source of that idea. This data was obtained from a pedophile who had actually masturbated infants and boys and kept records of his criminal experiments. All of this was exposed years later by Dr. Judith Reisman, who accused Kinsey of complicity in the sexual abuse of young children.

Link

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think sex ed is necessary, and it is important for young teens to realize the physical implications of what they are doing before they have sex. i.e. how a woman can and can't get pregnant.

On the other hand, i think the american culture promotes this degradation of morals. Some islamic friends recently put it into perspective for me when they explained their customs.

The women are clothed in burkhas (spelling?) not to keep them in submission, but to keep them free of the lusty gaze of men. Men and women are kept separate to prevent the feelings of liking and flirting, as well as preventing the boyfriend/girlfriend idea because, as my friends would say: putting a man and woman together and telling them not have sex is like throwing a cigarette into a gas can and telling it not to start a fire.

It makes sense to me. They treat all women as either mother, wife, or sister. By doing these things they preserve the honor of the woman so that each good and pure muslim man will get the good pure muslim woman he deserves.

In america where we have boyfriends and girlfriends and married people checking out the member of the opposite sex jogging down the street in tight shorts, we dont see anything wrong with the way we live.

but if you ask around, not many people will tell you that they want to marry a whore, ideally they want someone who is pure and good and hasn't been tainted by drugs and sex and the like.

These same people dont see that we have to change our way of life in many many aspects so that we can live healthy lives where teens dont feel pressure from tv or kids in sex ed class to do things that will hurt them in the long run.

sorry about the run ons

peace

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Kinsey was a lying fraud, it is he who promulgated the myth that 10% of the pop are homosexual as well.

You can't blame sexual ed for the problems in society, that is only an ambulance at the bottom of the cliff.

Blame the media, blame hollywood, blame advertising.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I blame meth.
and stupid ignorant parents.

on meth.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I always said what you don't teach your childrens at home they definitly going to find out on the streets and usually the dirties and nastiest way. My mother always said; You can not hide the sky with the palm of your hand. I told my childrens everything they needed to know when they started to ask questions. never had problems with them been promiscous when they were younger and now they are old enough.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Welcome to America, land of the ignorantly brave, and morally confused.
LOL

I find this terribly terribly funny. Americans see unhealthy sexual attitudes every day in the media and then when someone goes and suggests an unhealthy attitude like sexual from birth no one listens but when someon suggests a healty attitude like Homosexuality is natural people say it's the end of the world

While Kinsey's research was probably flawed, at least it started a debate that needed to happen, and now pedophiles are seen as they should be as some of the most terrible criminals on earth.

Also, the sexual revolution has already happened, the average American teen looses their virginity at 16. People are going to have sex, now should we tell them what real-world sex is like through education, or should we let them watch Mtv then turn them loose?

Also I think that many people forget that the difference between what is natrual and what is socially constructed. A good example is that sex is natural, and sexually monogamous marrage is a social construct created for the benefit of offspring. While social constructs are not always a bad thing and usually serve a purpose in our society, they should never be confused with nature and what we are biologically driven to do.

Finally, I'll tell you what is hurting Americans more than sex-ed or gay marrage or any of the other things that should instead be seen as soical progress, the divorce rate. Americans love to love and leave and that is hurting the family dynamics. I say that cohabitation, putting off marrage, not having children and family therapy should be encouraged to America's youth! Maybe eventually you could become more like the rest of the industrialized world and lower your divorce, domestic violence, prision and birth rates. Then come talk to the rest of us about morality.

Peace
~Astral

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by The Astral City]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Everything goes back to one thing what you teach your childrens at home will lass a live time, teach them well, teach them right, and they will be outstanding.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
So in America why is sex (a natural occurance) seen as an inappropriate topic, but violence is glorified? Why do actors, film/television writers, music performers, etc. use sex to sell and the population eats it up in the same breath as we condem sex itself? America is warped, what else can I say!

'Proper' morality is merely a veil by which we believe that we are better than someone with different beliefs.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Jonna

The reason is we all wanted.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Sex education is necessary and good for our society. Ignorance is bad, and any kind of education is good, if teached the right way.

quote from the movie "Euro-trip" : "America was founded by prudes. Prudes who moved out of Europe because the were tired of all the kinky and crazy European sex." lol...

If I ever get a kid, I'll be sure to teach him (or make sure he's teached properly) what he need to know about sex, and I'll make sure he knows it way before 18 y.-o., because accidents happen, and they usually happens at a young age. They're gonna experience it sooner or later, so they better be well prepared anyway.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It is no way to teach sex education the right way because not body can agree with it, to many narrow minded, to many this and that bs groups and to many religious groups that have to put their 2 cents and more on anything that our society deals with.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Knowledge is never a 'bad' or 'evil' thing; those descriptions would be attributed to ignorance. It is the application of said knowledge that could be used for negative or positive results. People need to become aware of their choices by way of knowledge so as not to be ignorant to the possibilities.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I belive that sex education is needed in schools...but there is a huge problem that I see, and have been seeing my teenage life.

It seemed to me that when I was in high school that the general feeling was that us kids needed to be educated about sex. Not just how babys are made, but everything about sex; positions, lubes, condoms male/female, oral sex, viruses, infections, ect. I noticed over the years that us kid were just "used" to knowing about sex and most of us having sex. Yes we were probly haveing at least "safer sex" but I see a new problem coming up, and that is EVERYONE is more "slutty". Most girls are not afraid to show skin now (I really dont mind, heh). Most guys will just ask for sex now, instead of "courting" your proposed partner. Ive heard of lots of high school partys where there is no sex...but the girls will smoke a mean hog if you ask nicely. I mean even Justin is takeing Janets clothes off on t.v.

I just think that with education comes liberation, and with liberation in areas like this, at a time when people everywhere are more risk taking, comes certain things that cant be avoided...I hope your ready to send your 15 year old daughter off to school in a shirt that is more like a sports bra and a pair of low cut, camel toe showing tight jeans.

Iam not saying that I dont think we should be educated, but I do think that you have expect younger people haveing sex, you have to expect a sexual state of mind that WILL be carried with that generation and WILL make it into our every day life...i.e Justin & Janet

Anyone else agree?

[Edited on 6/1/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The focus should be on education, the sex they already know. My 8 year old is aware of the act, picked it up from TV. You can only reach for the remote so fast. What needs to be reinforced at school is what should already been taught at home, responsibility, consequence and the like.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
intrepid

Thanks, by the time they teach sex education to childrens at school most of them are already having sex. I am a teacher and one day I was told to help translate the sex education class to a spanish speaking girl in 5 grade. The sex so call education class in that particular school was a joke. All the school wanted me to do was to explain the female organs in a very superficial way and the menstrual cycle and to make shure she wore a pad. That was the sex education.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Appreciate that Marg. My wife brought up another thing that kids should be aware of, peer presure. It's a very difficult thing for most kids. Virgin can be thrown around as a dirty word. Presure from boy/girlfriend is there too. Kids have to be ready for this.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   

You can only reach for the remote so fast.

Heh, your kid got a quicker draw than you? (just kidding)

Hey, I've got a solution: TURN OFF THE STINKING TV

Sure, TV is great until you take a long, hard look at what good it really brings into society. The answer: almost none. Any news you might happen to watch instead of your sitcoms or crime dramas is practically useless as it is because the media is incredibly biased to start with. I could go on but I won't. Suffice to say, TV is bad.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You're joking, right? I mainly watch sports, have you seen the commercials lately? They have this coulpe making out hard for a commercial for GUM. How the hell can you protect against that? If you are suggesting that I give up sports

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Everything my kids learn about sex they learned at home in a open and constructive matter, I never hid anything I told the true so My daughter now 20 tells me that thanks to what she learned she is able to help her friend about sex issues she is surprise how misinform some of these young ladies are about deseases and sex

People in this country does not know that 1 out of 4 person have herpes and that can be transmitted by kissing alone. Some of this young people are sexually active for years before getting examinated by a doctor, because they are afraid of having something, but they are not afraid of giving it to somebody else.
This is a very wide issue if we keep talking about it we are going to need more threads to address each area.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
You're joking, right? I mainly watch sports, have you seen the commercials lately? They have this coulpe making out hard for a commercial for GUM. How the hell can you protect against that? If you are suggesting that I give up sports

Ah, sorry. I never, ever watch sports so I forgot about that. But yeah, IMO broadcasting sports is OK. BTW, was that commercial for spearmint/icy breath gum? Just no commercials at all during you sports broadcast.

I'm thinking of starting a thread on how mass communication will lead to humanity's downfall at some point.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join