It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Kojak Lost His Hair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Hi,

please open a new browser window, load your favourite search engine, and insert "Telly Savalas" and "Harry Agannis" .

You will find slightly varying narrations of a ghost encounter Mr. Savalas had, apparently in 1957.
According to some sources, he saw the ghost two further times, and refused to elaborate on the third sighting, which allegedly was "disturbing" .

There must be some truth to this story, and hopefully someone will be able to provide the exact wording of the interview in which Mr. Savalas initially brought up the subject.

His claim even made it into german newspapers-
I remember reading about it in the early eighties, just shortly after I had learned reading.
For some strange reason, it came back to me tonight-
so I thought I'd throw it out here for discussion.

[edit on 26-3-2005 by popular mechanics]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Could we have some links? I tried your little search idea and came up null and void.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Again im coming up with nothing on the search side

Please can you provide us with a link to what you have found so we can get a better idea about this,

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Again im coming up with nothing on the search side

Please can you provide us with a link to what you have found so we can get a better idea about this,

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
well I managed to find this

www.geocities.com...

it would be easier next time if you helped us out by posting links for us

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PANTHA:

Of course, but I thought it would be more tempting without links.

I see that the method I proposed does not work with every search engine,
but still it brings up 20 hits on Google .

Here is a random variant (copied from the second search result in the link above):

" One night in November 1957 Telly was driving in an area of Long Island, NY when he ran out of petrol.

He was walking towards a petrol station when a black Cadillac appeared alongside him and a man with a rather high pitched voice asked if he would like a lift.Telly got into the car and noticed that the man was dressed in a distinctive suit.
They exchanged conversation with Telly not failing to notice his unusual high pitched speech.The man drove him to the service station and even handed Telly some money to help pay for the petrol.
Telly asked how he could repay the money to him and the man wrote down his name Harry Agannis together with his address and phone number.

Days later Telly phoned the number given and asked for Harry Agannis.
A young lady answered the call and told Telly that Harry was her husband - but he had died three years previously.
Thinking that some mistake had been made Telly decided to visit the address the man in the car had given him.There he met the lady who had spoken to him on the phone.He showed the lady the paper with her husband's written details and she confirmed that it was her late husbands handwriting.
Savalas described the clothes the man had been wearing and they matched what the ladies husband had been buried in.
Harry Agannis had also died as a result of throat cancer hence his unusual pitched voice.

Some time later Savalas again saw Harry Agannis while playing a round of golf.He was dressed in a complete white suit and gestured to Telly.
He then appeared to disappear.

Telly mentioned in the same interview a third meeting with the ghost of Harry Agannis, details of which he did not wish to recall.

Apparantly Telly had been given a message but when asked about it Savalas would not elaborate.
Obviously the ghost of Harry had something specific that needed to be passed on to Telly Savalas at that time. "

[edit on 27-3-2005 by popular mechanics]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I don't really have anything to say about this whole thing other than Why kojak lost his hair is one hell of an eye catcher as a thread description.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
well I managed to find this

www.geocities.com...

What I fond interesting is in that article they stated Agannis died in an accident, but I read a blurb that said he comitted suicide. I wonder if there are archives somewhere about the circumstances of Harry Agannis' death just to confirm how he died?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I thought the hair loss was genetic. Well, there goes 5 years of a university education and research down the toilet
. *Pitches bio books into the trash*.

Anyone got a lollipop?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

To break the curse on the Red Sox, someone who owns a black cadillac and lives in New York City must find a way to send HARRY AGANNIS a one dollar bill dated from 1955. Sin naga yrrah! "

... I found this incoherent message on Toolband News . It is headlined " THE BAMBINO'S CURSE AND HARRY AGANNIS" , and dates from 12 Oct 04 .

It is quite obvious that "Harry Agannis" is the misspelled name of Harry Agganis - a Boston Red Sox legend who died in 1955 of pulmonary embolism. His nickname was "The Golden Greek", so hellenic descent might be the link between him and Mr. Savalas.

And it seems to me that it is not possible to make out the facts of the "Savalas Encounter" merely by searching the Internet-
which I have done obsessively as always. The story might be covered in the book "World's Greatest Ghosts" by Roger Boar, but at this point I was not able to verify this.

Fans of the Red Sox and the Creepy-

please help me to throw light on the matter!

[edit on 30-3-2005 by popular mechanics]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I've read this story before in one of those "Strange but True" books I loved as a kid. The story about the lift and money etc is the same but the story I read said that Harry Agannis died in a horrific car crash with a truck on his way back from a high school reunion that day three years before in 1954. Apparently he was pinned in his caddy while the trucker tried to free him, burning alive. The trucker reportedly punched the unfortunate Harry unconscious so he wouldn't suffer, before the cadillac exploded, scarring the trucker for life in the process. A most unpleasant story. It doesn't mention the other two sightings though.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hi
On here i think he claims the name of the ghost (what sounds like to me to be) to be James Cullin.

www.liveleak.com...

And on this article

news.google.com...,5160044

"http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1350&dat=19901019&id=CFtPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=GwMEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5937,5160044"

en.wikipedia.org...

(Nice story, gave me the chills.)
Limbo
edit on 30-5-2013 by Limbo because: Oh now I see Jim Cullin was the ghost and the other guy was the person the ghost mentioned

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
nice find OP, Nowadays there so much crap filled stories on this forums its nice to come across gem stories like this. I know highway ghosts are a paranormal phenomenon that occurs all over the world and history. Think of the Mary Resurrection story, or the multiple ghost sightings on haunted highways(usually they cause accidents and deaths then help people). I think in the end...ghosts or spirits.. they live their afterlife somewhat similar to when they were alive. This isn't the first story I've heard of ghosts or spirits helping the living. Just like in life, there are good people and bad people, as well in the afterlife there are good spirits and bad spirits.

What really trips me out this story is...normally it's the live person who gives the ride to the ghost, but in this instance it was the ghost who gave a ride to the living person. I get that ghosts might manifest themselves, but how did this ghost manifest his car? Let alone drive kojax to the gas station, and even physically gave him money.

new topics

top topics

join