It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Censored U2Us and Staff Response - 2 Threads in one!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

Originally posted by mickmeaney
Why don't ATS pay their mods??

All money goes to keeping ATS running. Nobody is making a profit off of what we do (except the ad companies).

The Google Adsense program (what ATS uses) is a real money maker, in fact last week I handed out over $200 to my site mods and still covered the costs of running my site for a long time to come. I can't accept that no money is being made - (I don't think it's a bad thing) why shouldn't ATS make money? It deserves to!

[edit on 27-3-2005 by mickmeaney]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
ATS makes money it just spends it on crazy things as shown in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
haha.. i love that thread.. so much creativity in this place

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by invader_chris
ATS makes money it just spends it on crazy things as shown in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
lets not forget those adverts ATS pays for

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
U2U us small fish, we usually get back to you much quicker. I know I personally try to answer U2Us pretty quickly...

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
wonder if a thread dedicated to staff payment would be cool..

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Gazrok
I know, you guys also don't pop on and off at blinding speed.

The U2U in question was nothing really important, here's a brief rundown;

My thread got listed in SO's post about news stories that weren't suited for ATSNN - it was a news story about a 5 year old girl led away from her school in handcuffs after a temper tantrum.

I U2Ued him with a subject line something like "What, my news story isn't good enough for ya'?"

It was an attempt at humor that I think backfired. SO talked in his thread about trying to compete with entities like CNN and MSNBC, I replied in my U2U saying they were hacks, and shouldn't be held up as exemplary of good reporting. (they suffer from lack-of-spellcheck-itis, and a host of syntax malfunctions, as well as HORRIBLE title creation skills.) Again, a joke.

That thread ended up getting closed for what amounted to a combination of bickering and unsuitability for ATSNN.

SO just never got back to me on my wise ass remark, so I U2Ued again asking what was up.

No big deal. For the same reason I wouldn't flag down a cop using a road flare just to ask for his opinion on a random topic, I probably shouldn't have wasted his time for what amounted to making a few jokes and talking up my own writing skills.

Regardless, I think the story about the young girl was suitable, because it showed an increasing willingness to involve the state apparatus in juvenile/family/personal/school affairs. I think events like that are becoming more and more common, and people need to be aware of them in order to stop the gradual (not so gradual!) decay of our way of life.

But, that aside, it wasn't like my baby or anything, it just stung a little to see it go, because I was actively engaged in trying to make sure people followed the guidelines for a civil debate, and I really wanted to make headway in determining why the procedure was in place to involve the police in a temper tantrum.

It was a lost cause apparently, people were just way too heated, it always gets that way when children are involved, and I probably should have seen it coming.

:shrug:

So that's the deal.

But yeah, you guys are awesome, I've U2Ued a number of mods with little problems/questions here and there, and without fail I get a quick, helpful response.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I dont think so.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Don't take it hard at all, there are times when I even neglect u2u's from staff...

I've been meaning to ask you about that. I sent you a U2U asking why you didn't respond to my U2U, but I haven't heard back from you yet. To be fair I do think he actually reads them before ignoring them. I've actually received several responses from him.

Honestly I don't know how he finds the time to maintain the site and browse the forums as well, much less answer U2U.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by dbates]

JAK

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Don't take it hard at all, there are times when I even neglect u2u's from staff...

I've been meaning to ask you about that. I sent you a U2U asking why you didn't respond to my U2U, but I haven't heard back from you yet.

Wow, you too?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

I dont think so.

Why not?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I dont think so.

Why not?

YEAH, WHY NOT, DAMN IT?

Football tickets in lieu of cash also works.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I dont think so.

Why not?

I wouldnt want my stuff out on the table. Its not for any of us to know.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I dont think so.

Why not?

I wouldnt want my stuff out on the table. Its not for any of us to know.

There's nothing on the table.. staff don't get paid. That's my point. Even though I'm not staff It's an issue I haven't seen raised here. All staff that I have dealt with have been fast to reply, helpful and in my opinion they deserve some reward for their hard work. I've had better and faster responses from ATS staff than most companies I've dealt with.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Please dont ask a question, if all you want is to argue about the answer.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
are you saying that the staff here don't deserve rewards for their hard work?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Did I say that?

Its not our business. Period.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Did I say that?

Its not our business. Period.

so what'w wrong in fighting for something you believe in? if somebody works hard on something (like the ATS staff do) then they should be rewarded. it's that simple. i haven't seen staff object to the idea, if people don't want to be paid then fair enough, there is no issue.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well I tired to start a thread about this, but it was moved to trash. Oh well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join