It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good E.T Articles from Mainstream Media Sources

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Despite the fact that the SETI project is very unlikely to give any results in terms of contact with any other civilization (though I'm running SETI@home on my computer!), I think that article (third link) summarizes well my point of view...

Why the hell would we be alone in this vast thing called the "universe" and also why would we be the only ones to be intelligent? Given the age of everything, we are likely very young, though old enough to realize it.

I mean, we're on the eve of doing something, but so far, with our mobile phones, GPS, microwaves and plasma TV's, internet, laser surgery, nuclear plants to give cheap electricity to everyone (well just NOT everyone...), space probes and supersonic planes, vitamine pills, sleeping pills, energy pills, all that "technology" that we use and witness everyday, we're just ridiculously slightly advanced... Just an infinitesimal fraction of knowledge has been acquired so far by humanity, and it is even more true if you admit that knowledge of everything is somehow infinite. Just when you think you know it all, there is something else. We have just started to learn... Science and technology, as we know it today, is something just a few centuries (even millenia...) old. Compared to millions or even possibly billions of years of existence (those are not particularly incredibly long times at the scale of the universe as we know it) for an older civlization, a few thousands are just a grain of sand on the beach...

Back on topic: those are very good links. I just regret sometimes that mainstream media doesn't get much more interested in the subject most of the times, except some sensationalism. Serious articles and thoughts would make people in general more aware of the fact that we are very likely not alone and so on..., and that would definitely be an advance in knowledge for our world.

[edit on 26-3-2005 by SpookyVince]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
"Extra-Terestreals Among Us" by Fate Magazine, and "Beyond Earth: Man's Contact With UFO" by John Blum and Judy Blum. Good Sources!
And Nothing By Eric Von Daingin, he's just a shilock hacking off of Henry Durkiham and other ppl into ufology.

join