It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healing the wrong way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Okay, this is bugging me. So I need someone to answer this question for me. My friend is telling me I am not healing properly. As in I don't go through the rituals of the Reiki system. That is charging myself up, then going into the person's aura, giving them energy, and then closing it down.

What I do is simply place the palm of my hand near the subject and then let the univeral energy flow through my hands. I become a channel for the energy. I did not learn this anywhere. I just do it and my hands become hot and I just visualise light flowing through my hands into the subject.
To me it is simply like turning a tap on and letting the prana/chi flow.

I do not go through any rituals, of charging up and closing. Apprently, according to my friend whose done a course in Reiki, I can damage my subjects aura by doing that. It's never occurred to me that I could be, because I never thought there would be a wrong to heal. Healing is healing, isn't it?

What say you?

[edit on 26-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Are there no healers or Reiki people here?

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
You Already Know The Answer

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Are there no healers or Reiki people here?

I have chided you ruthlessly and you have branded me a charlatan, so in light of that, take this for what it's worth.

I may very well be wrong about pretty much everything, but when it comes to healing and transferring energy to one another, I think you already know what you need to know.

Present your radiance with love, and it will do what is right. I really don't think there's a “wrong” way to send love to another.

As long as you are guided by Love and Light, your radiance will be pure, and will do what can be done.

It's okay if your efforts fail. Sometimes, it is simply the way things must be that one of us fades away and leaves this plane.

All of us will eventually, perhaps much sooner than we anticipate.

Regardless of what method you may consider “right” or “wrong”, I pray that you may feel the radiance I am sending out to you.

Don't worry. It's going to be okay.

I promise.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Yes, the common sense answer to me as well, is that there is not a wrong way to send love and light. It did however occur to me that making entry into a person's aura and then sending energy, should probably be sealed with a prayer or a thank you. I could do that, it takes no effort.

However, what I am interested to know, is whether the practices of charging up to heal is necessary. I've always thought that allowing god's energy to go through you to touch the subjet, would be enough

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The Well That Never Runs Dry

Love is that which you gain more of by giving away. You will never run out of it.

You may choose to think of the love within you as “God's energy”, if you wish. That's fine.

But I am not lying to you when I say that I know that the true source of the energy within you is yourself.

You are a child and inheritor of the Creator. The love and light within you are your birthright.

Your use of them is yours to decide, as are all matters of your life.

The power within you, the light which shines so brightly, is yours to give or withhold as you deem appropriate.

My advice is to let it shine upon everyone around you without exception.

In this way, it will only grow brighter, and the love within you will only grow stronger.

Again, I am dim of sight, and ultimately nothing more than a fool, but I believe strongly that if you do this -- radiate love to all -- you will grow in spirit, and shine more brightly than the brightest star.

Let your light shine!

Dru

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Just my opinion but I don't think there is such a thing as healing the wrong way. As long as you and/or whoever you're healing is getting healed then it's the right way. I don't do any long silly rituals when I do Reiki I just will the healing to flow and it does. If I feel the need to use Reiki anywhere at any time I just do. I use it all the time for everything. A nice perk of not using rituals!

Maybe it's me being paranoid but it sounds like just an excuse to force you to spend money on a class and do it 'Their' way. Healing shouldn't cost you an arm and a leg to learn and force you to go by uncomfortable rituals that you can't work with. Yes for some people they work better by using symbols and rituals but if you don't need them there's no need to try to force your self to use them! If it works for you keep it up and ignore anyone who tells you differently!

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Okay, this is bugging me. So I need someone to answer this question for me. My friend is telling me I am not healing properly. As in I don't go through the rituals of the Reiki system. That is charging myself up, then going into the person's aura, giving them energy, and then closing it down.

What I do is simply place the palm of my hand near the subject and then let the univeral energy flow through my hands. I become a channel for the energy. I did not learn this anywhere. I just do it and my hands become hot and I just visualise light flowing through my hands into the subject.
To me it is simply like turning a tap on and letting the prana/chi flow.

I do not go through any rituals, of charging up and closing. Apprently, according to my friend whose done a course in Reiki, I can damage my subjects aura by doing that. It's never occurred to me that I could be, because I never thought there would be a wrong to heal. Healing is healing, isn't it?

What say you?

[edit on 26-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

I think that before doing or any activity, one has to prepare oneself mentally (preferably in private). Focusing, reintergrated self together, protection --- all mentally.

Second, one must mentally ask for permission from the subject's Oversoul (which is like a parent soul of the person's soul-personality) before performing anything action on the subject. Sometime the Oversoul may not allow that. In that case regardless of what one do, the action would have no effect on the subject.

For every actions there is a reaction...which means what ever action you do or perform on a subject or another person, may or may not reflect back to same you...

[edit on 28-3-2005 by mwen]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Indigo there is absolutely NO wrong way when it comes to healing. As long as you are not getting hurt or hurt to where you can't manage it, then you're doing fine. I may or may not have the ability to heal, I don't know, I have never really concentrated on that aspect, but the ability does run in the family, my granny has healing abilities, in her case all I know is that she chants a mantram before putting her hands on a person, I know she asking for her "god" to assist her. She's a very devout hindu unlike me.

[edit on 3-28-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Howdy Child,

I know you probably don’t want my…thoughts, but too bad.
Before, becoming a Christian, I too could do all kinds of healing, I was well trained in tai-chi, chi-gong, Reiki, and stuff that does not even have names.

When you do this you can use four energies:
a) Your own, this is draining
b) The other persons, is fine for them, not for you. Black magic, takes their sickness/harm into the healer, and then it is passed off to others.
c) Nature’s energy, with we get from food, and other sources.
d) Satanic forces, which mimic light

Although, I disagree with you doing any of this, I will say that if you are not positive, you can take on the other person energy, good or bad, and this will cause problems later.

Mantras, do two things, first the call spirits (demons), second the place a person in a mindset, not everyone need to change their mind set.

Worldwatcher, nice avatar, beauty is wonderful thing

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yeah Worldwatcher, I agree, my friend doesn't have a clue. She has just a habit of telling people they are wrong. I am just going to continue doing what I do.

We can all heal Worldwatcher. I am sure you can too.

Balaam's donkey, how do you heal with satanic forces, aren't they suppose to make you sick? Now the topics gone from healing the wrong way to healing with the wrong way

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Indigo_Child
Reading through your post, it seems that what your friend might be referring to is grounding and centering. ANY and ALL energy work must first be grounded.

In energy work, especially in healing, positive energy is a MUST.

As long as you have a strong flow of positive energy to work with and YOUR content as well as the receiver, then you should be ok if your centered and grounded.

One more thing that might help to remember is that just because something works for someone else doesnt necessarily mean it will work for you.

C W

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It is commonly assumed, that satanic forces, cannot cause good. If this were true, satanic forces would have no basis for operation. It is a fact, that these forces, can appear good, appear to cause good, and can sometimes cause false or tempory healing, they can also do good, by a certain standard of logic, money spell for instance. It is common in the new age movement, to think good things are good, and all bad things can be spoted easily. Fifty years ago Coke-a-cola, was puting coc aine in thier sodas, it was a trick. My point is that you can be tricked, when you think this is not possible, you put up a barrier to the truth.
The Devil has appered to many people as an Angel of Light, I am one of them.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Here's my unexperienced reply.

Light is the wave. Love is the frequency. I think healing is just reminding a particular area of the soul about the correct frequency of the corresponding physical out-of-phase manifestation. The receiver soul then makes the necessary adjustments down through the 2 other bodies (energy & matter).

Given this viewpoint I could not see of a harmful way in giving the love-light frequency. As Nike says, Just Do It®. (But only when asked. Always remember free-will.)

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
No wrong way to heal. If it is pure healing energy that you use, then it should not be capable of doing damage of any kind. If you are not using purly healing energy, then you are healing incorectly. Or, you could be talking about giving someone energy, and not just healing them. Is this so?

new topics

top topics

join