It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Breaking News In Beirut.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
There has been a large explosion in Beirut. I just saw story on tv, it flashed in as breaking news on CNN I can not find News sites online with the story yet so it has to be really breaking news. i will add a link when i find one.

www.usatoday.com...

BEIRUT (AP) — A loud explosion was heard in the Lebanese capital of Beirut on Saturday, and Arab TV stations cited security officials as saying it was caused by a bomb. There was no word on casualties.
The nature of the explosion was not immediately known, but witnesses said the blast, coming on the eve of the Easter holiday, occurred in the predominantly Christian northeastern Beirut suburb of Dekweneh.

Other witnesses said the blast took place in the Bouchrieh-Dekweneh industrial zone area.

Arab satellite stations Al-Arabiya and Al-Jazeera cited unidentified Lebanese security officials as saying the cause of the explosion was a bomb. Local LBC station said at least one building was on fire.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I really dont have to many comments yet it is still breaking news. But there have been alot of explosions in Lebenon in the past weeks. How long will it be till they get in to it with Syria.

[edit on 26-3-2005 by digitalassassin]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If link does not work when you click it copy and paste to search bar.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
From the news i've been hearing out of Lebanon lately i'm seriously beginning to believe that someone is trying to reignite the civil war between the christians and the muslims.

I realize that is just speculative at this point, but it's sure what it looks like to me.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yahoo

BEIRUT (Reuters) - A car bomb exploded in an industrial suburb of east Beirut on Saturday, causing a large fire and wounding five people, security sources said.

They said a rigged Buick car exploded in the industrial area in Dikwanah suburb in Christian east Beirut. Fire fighters were trying to contain blazes in two buildings as thick black smoke rose into the night sky.

Hear is another story i found on it this is the link

*Edited in URL

[edit on 26-3-2005 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I think you might be right. it does seem like someone is trying to prvoke something overthere. who knows what at this point but we will see.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

From the news i've been hearing out of Lebanon lately i'm seriously beginning to believe that someone is trying to reignite the civil war between the christians and the muslims.

Bingo, yes before US decided to get involved in the middle east, Lebanon was actually doing well.

But Alas, there comes intervention (can somebody smell from where) and there you go, death, mayhem and chaos.

I wonder if playing with nations and peoples lives would not have retribution at the end.

What goes around comes around and usually the Innocent are the victims.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I am starting to get a wiff of where the intervention is going to come from

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
What strikes in particular, that again its in the christian lebanese hood and again not a whole lot of casualties.

One would expect to really spark the civil war, you do sometjing really low like blow up a school or a busstation full of people.

It would not surprise if some phanatical elements within the phalangists want to "persuade" the moderates by stirring up anti-syria / anti palestine ant - whatever sentiments, but on the other hand we got at least 4-5 parties with own interests in lebanon so, I am just wildly guessing here and would expect all parties to pull the whole bag of dirty tricks now that the world is watching...

[edit on 26-3-2005 by Silenus]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Syria is trying foment civil war to try to justify their presence. Hopefully their efforts will prove unsuccessful.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
correct, lol, this is one of those murdercases where all the suspects have motive

[edit on 26-3-2005 by Silenus]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
So what else does everyone think will come of this.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Well, I think djohnsto77 hit the nail on the head. 3rd bombing in a Christian area in the last month. 4th in Lebanon in the last 6 weeks.

It is Syrian retribution, via Hezzballah, or the Syrian Intel. Either way the intent is to stir up the old bad feelings that exisited between the two sides. Ultimately the goal is to justify a continued presence in Lebanon, possibly even to expand it beyond the levels prior to their "pull-out".

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Bingo, yes before US decided to get involved in the middle east, Lebanon was actually doing well.

But Alas, there comes intervention (can somebody smell from where) and there you go, death, mayhem and chaos.

I wonder if playing with nations and peoples lives would not have retribution at the end.

What goes around comes around and usually the Innocent are the victims.

Marg give it some thought. If anyone has interests it is Syria not the US.

I realize you dislike Bush, however, everything that happens is not his fault.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
So who do you think is interested in Syria then?

[edit on 27-3-2005 by digitalassassin]

new topics

top topics

join