It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

La Nina possibly developing, watch for a very active Atlantic hurricane season!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I have not seen any discussion of this yet but I have been watching the global water temperatures and the temperatures off of Ecuador and Peru are cooler than average and appear to be dropping, this usually means a "La Nina" pattern is developing, the opposite of El Nino where those temperatures are above average. This pattern usually means little westarly flow in the Atlantic tropical waters hence a more favorable pattern for tropical development, also the water temps along the Atlantic's ITCZ are above average which will aide tropical development if the pattern persists or stregthens. On a side note El Nino years essentially cut off the hurricane season in the Atlantic because the upper level westerlies tend to dip much further south than normal, shearing apart any possible cyclone development.
weather.unisys.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
from the bits and pieces of info gathered from the National Hurricane Center, I believe the experts would be in agreement with you Jrod, it seems to be shaping up for an active season, I can only hope that Florida doesnt bare the brunt of multiple cat 3's or higher.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I like the barrel in your avatar. This will be an interesting year.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I found this on "www.oceanweather.com". What do ye think. I dont know if this is inaccurate or not so i just thought i'd compare the info.

[edit on 3-4-2005 by PeteTPP]

[edit on 3-4-2005 by PeteTPP]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Nice discussion, folks, and I hope to see more data on this.

Question (I don't have time for the research, here) is this an unusual La Nina pattern or a standard one?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I have to agree that it will be a wet season in the south and we had lots of hurricanes last summer I believe it may be worst this year.

We are still trying to dry out from the last two weeks of rains and floods.

I am afraid that my roof is going to start leaking every where. Great find.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I am nt trying to be rude, but I seriously want to know jsut what it is that you are suggesting?

Every 7-10 years we have an el-Nino, nothing new. What's the big deal?

If I am missing something then please cure my ignorance.

But from everything I understand (especially as someone who was raised with repeated "el-Nino" warnings.......this is nothing new

top topics

join