It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami: an act of terror (Sea Burst)?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
rwatkins
Well, the marines the US deployed began training to respond to the event a year or so before it happened, and when they landed they were armed to the teeth and backed up by missle boats. It was more like an invasion than a rescue mission. America has hospital ships that were not deployed. India too has a hospital ship, at least one, and it was deployed right away. I think if anyone gained, it was the US government, they were free to 'discreetly' slaughter the Tamil Tigers to clear up those pesky problems they've been having with sabotage of their equipment and kidnapping of their workers.

Of course Russia might have gained if there was serious damage to the ExxonMobile LNG pumping stations and shipping apparatus, but that wasn't the case for unknown reasons. There didn't appear to be any damage, and production actually picked up after the event because the Tigers gave it a rest (to regroup and bury their dead). Russia is also known to have tsunami weapons, they were developing them as far back as the 70's-80's, openly too.

And FYI: They haven't just been having aftershocks, they've at least one 5.0 every day since the day after the event, that's unprecedented and inexplicable. Those aren't aftershocks, those are full blown earthquakes. Every day since. It's very strange.

My running theory is that the event cracked open an enormous lava chamber, and the 5.0s are explosions touched off when hot magma touches cold sea water. It's the only explanation I can think of.

The damage would also be consistent with an asteroid impact.

mrsdudara
I'm not sure, I didn't hear anything about it. Unless you're talking about combination fission/fussion bombs, which leave almost no trace radiation because they progress to criticality very rapidly? I doubt those would be tested so callously though. Are you maybe thinking of explosive, fuel/air daisy cutters? But again, I find it hard to believe they would test those in FL though...

If you find any additional information maybe start a thread.

Has the process of nationalization gone ahead as planned? I don't think so.

I'd say the energy barons saw a chip getting taken away from them at the big table and kicked the other player under the board. It makes sense, motive wise. Means, yes, that's been discussed. Oppurtunity, certainly, there are probably 2 dozen oil service ships in the region at any given time, perfectly capable of dropping a diving bell housing the device or dispatching a ROV to deliver it more precisely.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
rwatkins
Well, the marines the US deployed began training to respond to the event a year or so before it happened, and when they landed they were armed to the teeth and backed up by missle boats. It was more like an invasion than a rescue mission. America has hospital ships that were not deployed. India too has a hospital ship, at least one, and it was deployed right away. I think if anyone gained, it was the US government, they were free to 'discreetly' slaughter the Tamil Tigers to clear up those pesky problems they've been having with sabotage of their equipment and kidnapping of their workers.

I have not heard of this, and would like to check it out. Have you got any good links?

I still think that it's not an effiecent method to use just to take out a few bad guys. That would be like burning the entire orchard to get rid of a few bad apples. America has special forces and conduct black ops for that sort of thing. It's much more precise.

Unless you think they underestimated the size of the devistation or something? You mentioned something about opening a lava chamber. Do you think they accidentally created a bigger problem than what they expected?

Regards.

[edit on 3/27/2005 by rwatkins]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
rwatkins
I don't know if they knew what they were doing, or if it was even anything but a tragic accident. Whatever the cause, I'm pretty sure the result was lasting damage that's going to manifest itself in a very uncomfortable way. Luckily the people in the region recognize the signs now, so they have a better chance of survival. If you had survived the first tsunami, and you saw the water getting sucked out, wouldn't you run like you had dogs nipping at your bum? I would.

That being said, the sea burst weapons are kind of old news, do a google search for Sea Burst Tsunami Russian Weapon, it will lead you to all sorts of interesting destinations.
But I really am not convinced of anything in this case. I would no more say "This was definitely a nuke." than I would say "This was definitely David Hasselhoff jumping up and down wildly." We just don't know. There is too much contradictory evidence, and the region is NOT OPEN to international investigators, because of the rebel unrest.

There's some pretty incriminating evidence regarding the P compression waves, that was stated earlier on this thread and a few other places, mostly 'unreliable' sources I notice. There was some info, again from 'unreliable' sources, that pointed to the fact that the source of the earthquake had a 'variable center' but this was denied by local seismologists after the fact.

There's a lot of fear in that area right now, the natives are restless, no pun intended. They are hearing strange rumblings in the belly of the earth, they say it sounds like ancient machinery.
Wierd huh?

Edited to add this link contradicting myself.

www.reliefweb.int...

This document, generated in Feb claims the US did respond with the USNS Mercy, a hospital ship. I'm still looking.

Edited again to add this link supporting my earlier allegations.

www.reliefweb.int...
This document, dated January, makes no mention of a hospital ship, only the Lincoln, elements of its strike group, along with "6 dozen helicopters." So..it appears the hospital ship was dispatched about 2 months late. Still looking...

Edited yet again to offer additional perspective on our presence in Thailand.
dc.indymedia.org...

www.voanews.com...
This link maintains that the US "may" deploy the USNS Mercy, the article was penned in early January.

wwwnotes.reliefweb.int...
This appears to be the final word. The hospital ship was nearing Indonesia after a four week voyage, according to this article, written in Feb. So, I stand partially corrected.

[edit on 27-3-2005 by WyrdeOne]

[edit on 27-3-2005 by WyrdeOne]

[edit on 28-3-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   

as posted by Bryd
We have an "earthquake watch" thread here that goes seismically active over earthquakes. If you'll go check that thread and look at the links, you'll see that the whole Pacific Rim and Australian Plate has been fairly active.

The activity doesn't coordinate with HAARP or angels or movements of the Iridium satellites or predictions by peculiar psychics with map lines and a desire to be proclaimed a deity (Sollog is the nutcase I'm thinking of.)

The seismic activity leading up to it supports the "earthquake and nothing else" as does the sudden descent of part of the edge of that plate.

Agreed, Bryd.
On top of that, if it was a "placed" undersea nuclear device it would have been detected upon detonation. The signature pattern of an earthquake and a detonating nuclear device are discernable and quite different.
Listening for Atom Blasts, but Hearing Earthquakes

This link [below: scroll down about 3/4s of the page to the "Notable earthquakes and the section in Yellow] covers, in detail, the Sumatra, Indonesia, December 26, 2004 Earthquake quite well and indepth:
GEOL 100: Introduction to Earth Science PLATE TECTONICS, EARTH'S INTERIOR, EARTHQUAKES

seekerof

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Another thing to consider is the history of tsunamis in that same area. I suppose someone had this technology back in the 1800's to cause tsunamis also...

geology.about.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Interesting thread title, nonetheless, however I think today's events.. "8.7 mag earthquake" in the same region may have already debunked your potential conspiracy.

However, you may want to consider this, why didn't they experiment with this potential on Cuba in the '60s? (or are they currently with all the Hurricanes that backfire and hit the SEastern US)

or perhaps Japan in the '40s? Why admittedly drop the bomb, when they could have utilized several tsunamis and blamed the deaths on mother nature??

Just my two cents. (Edit for 2 pennies)

[edit on 3/28/2005 by wizdumb2003]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
OH CRAP THEY DID IT AGAIN

hehehe sorry I couldnt resist.

BUT, hay, I was almost a believer, oh well on to the next conspiricy.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I think it is the greys doing these earthquake.You must remember that they are our enemies or it could be the NWO doing it so as to cripple other nations and force them to join NWO.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yeah, I think this second quake is proof that it wasn't anything other than mother nature. I feel sorry for those people, luckily this one did not generate a tsunami. The number of aftershocks is amazing.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I was wondering where the "HAARP caused the Indonesia earthquake" threads were, hehe.... Seems I found it...

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Am I the only one to note that there was a recent planetary alignment between the moon and Jupiter which could have impacted upon these events as well.

One more thing. Indonesia is a largely Islamic country. Given that Islamic people are largely seen as the force behind terror why would these quakes aimed (if you will) at countries like Indonesia and Pakistan?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I have had only one problem with this ... Why ??? And i think I have just discovered. Maybe we are trying out a weapon on a new submarine. There has been alot of talks about subs here lately in the news and all. Hmmm ... maybe a cover up /..??? The really really wierd thing is that another earthquake happend just the other day and they evacuated thee entire coast all around it was less than 200 miles from the last one. Awkward. Would it be possible to move that much water with any man made device.

Another totally different side ... maybe a bomb test gone wrong ???

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

(posted by mrsdudara)
Hay, what was the name of that new bomb the US tested in Floridia last year? The one that was like a nuke but no ratiation. They said they were going to use it as a scare tactic or something.

I think I know what you're talking about since, in those days, I was following the news daily and around the clock, so I have it all down on paper.

On March 11 or 12, 2003, the U.S. presented to the world its MOAB bomb, the Mother Of All Bombs (conventional, non-nuclear ones, that is), the ultimate blockbuster bomb and the most powerful of all the conventional bombs that have ever been put together (unless there's an even bigger one now).

They did this by making one go off somewhere (wish I knew where...one of the square states maybe?). They were killing three birds with one stone here: not only were they 1) showing it off, but they were also 2) testing it and 3) intimidating Iraq, a country they were threatening to invade.

Specifications
Total weight: 9,450 kilograms (i.e., nearly 9.5 tons)
Explosive load: 8.5 tons of high-power explosives

The bang makes a mushroom-shaped cloud that can be seen from miles away. Its destructive power is 50 percent greater than that of the Daisy Cutter, its predecessor (which WyrdeOne mentions). Satellite guidance makes it 100 percent accurate.

One week later (Mch. 20) the war started with the bombing of Baghdad. Now we need an expert to tell us why no MOABs were used during the war...or were they? Apparently not. That would've been big news and nobody would've missed it.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

as posted by Macrento
They did this by making one go off somewhere (wish I knew where...one of the square states maybe?).

This might aid you?
GBU-43/B "Mother Of All Bombs" MOAB - Massive Ordnance Air Blast Bomb

Video, test place, date, pictures, information.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesBlonde
Am I the only one to note that there was a recent planetary alignment between the moon and Jupiter which could have impacted upon these events as well.

Jupiter and the moon are in alignment at least once a year, if not more often. Jupiter's pull (even when combined with the moon) is SO small that it doesn't even change the tides one bit.

If it's not strong enough to change the tides, how could it suddenly be strong enough to cause an earthquake and tsunami??

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
Jupiter and the moon are in alignment at least once a year, if not more often. Jupiter's pull (even when combined with the moon) is SO small that it doesn't even change the tides one bit.

If it's not strong enough to change the tides, how could it suddenly be strong enough to cause an earthquake and tsunami??

Well I am thinking something along the same lines as metal fatigue. If you keep playing with it it will fall off.

I only brought this up as what I see as a likely contributing factor.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Seekerof...

Thanks 4 the link...so 2 yrs. later, exactly, it turns out that the data heard on the TV news programs were all sound. The additional ones given out by the U. of Phoenix are noteworthy...

-- Daisy Cutters were used in VN & Afghnst.
-- They're fat and more like harmless satellites or lunar modules, MOABs look mean & slim

...but still no explanation about why they were not used in a war they were developed for. This sounds suspicious. Maybe they were never meant to be used as weapons, but are quakebombs.

MOAB Quakes?
MrsDudara's insight is noteworthy too: the use of conventional bombs so there will be no telltale radiation afterwards. Imagine 200 MOABs placed along a faultline and made to explode at the same instant.

Then you have the sinister Biblical overtones: Moab, son of the Job who was warned to leave the doomed city.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Related to this topic.

Supposedly, a recently revealed 1945 report from the Office of Strategic Services, the U.S.'s major intelligence agency before the advent of the CIA, reveals that office's research into using nuclear bombs to trigger Tsunamis as a weapon of mass destruction. The "Psychological Warfare Earthquake Plan" doesn't go so far as to state that an earthquake could be created where none was possible before, howver it does state that an expected quake along a fault-line could be 'manually' triggered by strategic placement of an atomic bomb.

www.worldnetdaily.com...
Months before the end of World War II, an American intelligence agency launched a top-secret project aimed at devising ways to trigger massive earthquakes and tsunamis that would wreak havoc among enemy civilian populations, recently uncovered documents reveal.

According to a detailed report, project planners from the Office of Strategic Services, the nation's first intelligence agency and precursor to the CIA, concluded that the United States could use its "new atomic bomb" to trigger massive earthquakes and tsunamis, thus creating "massive destruction, death and unchecked hysteria."

[...]

As the report's subtitle, "Against Japanese Homeland," clearly indicates, the island of Japan was the selected target. Queried the report, "Scientifically can heavy bombing, pinpointed on known earthquake areas, bring about an underground condition within fault sections which would step up the expectancy and possibly bring about a calamitous earthquake in a selected area?"

Answered N. H. Heck, assistant director of the U.S. Coast Geodetic Survey, "This question has been asked several times, so it should receive a serious answer. All that could be applied is trigger force, and this can only advance and set the time for an earthquake which is about to occur. It is conceivable, however, that an explosion at exactly the right time and place might have the correct effect."

A letter cited in the report from the Seismological Laboratory of the University of California to Dr. L.H. Adams of the U.S. Geophysical Laboratory and OSS scientists reads: "… we would have to get (bomb) within less than 5 miles of that place on the fault which is destined to break within a year."

I couldn't find any other sources than the one above.

This may bear relation to the "Tsunami Bomb" experiments off the coast of New Zealand in 1944 and 1945, revealed in the New Zealand Herald.
www.nzherald.co.nz...

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
answered this before in a few threads but an 8.7 on the richter scale = 1gigaton explosion. we dont have the technology for that. if we used a smaller, physically possible blast to trigger it, it still would have shown up on the richter scale directly prior to the quake.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
answered this before in a few threads but an 8.7 on the richter scale = 1gigaton explosion. we dont have the technology for that. if we used a smaller, physically possible blast to trigger it, it still would have shown up on the richter scale directly prior to the quake.

Do you have a link for the seismic charts of the time? I'm a little late to the party with this one and there's too many threads to sort through.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join