It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers Yearn for Home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
FreeMason

1. The "deck of cards" with the Bush administration arseholes on it, referred to in Colonel's article, was a 'figurative' reference to the soldier's own Most Wanted list amongst his own miltary chiefs.

2. To get the genuine anti-war deck of cards, with all the US criminals on it, go to any gift store in the US that is prepared to stock it, or order by mail or email.

3. The article is not distorted. It is exactly what the soldiers said to everyone in the US that was listening, on ABC's Good Morning America.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Fed up with being in Iraq and demoralized by their role as peacekeepers in a risky place, a group of U.S. soldiers aired their plight on U.S. television on Wednesday and said they had lost faith in the Army.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Ugh what's worse....these "soldiers" (I still think the article is a bit contrived), fight a war for a couple days.

Have some losers take pot-shots at them...and whine that they aren't being sent home after a few months...

Wait a minute, what happend to their Grandparents here? Hold on wait....

Their grandparents go off for training, and don't come back for 4 years, if at all, and when the war was over, people still dying, they might not have had enough points to come back for another YEAR....

These guys don't have the right to complain.

In fact if this is the sentiment of the unit, (Which I doubt it), they don't even diserve a ribbon for this.

That's right. Just 3 months ago, you were screaming "Support the troops" while they were doing the killing. Now, after they want to go home (AFTER A WIN) you're dissing em calling them "these soldiers" and that they have no right to complain, implying that they don't have enough fortitude.

Typical republican for ya---two faced, hypocritical, elitist, a fraud.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Has nothing to do with "Truth" has to do with rationality.

The military isn't allowed to complain, this "article" is grounds for court martial. So I doubt it's fully accurate, considering the last thing someone wants is booted out no pay, and a year in prisoned.

Like I said before, everyone is lying; all magazines are distortions of reality but you.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
www.ktvu.com...

Fishy indeed, you're trying to spin this crap...

Already thousands of 3rd ID have returned...I don't see the grounds of their complaints, they should be having fun, they at least have a story to their names....most die and fade out of existance.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Any man of the 3rd that would remark such as ABC makes them out....does not deserve to have their photos mixed with those below.

But then I still think ABC is spinning some crap of their own, yet another pathetic attempt to bash Bush's administration.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Freemason makes a valid point. When you join the army you know(or should at least) what you're getting into.
I support our troops as much as anyone. I support my country more. It is our resposibility to stay in Iraq as long as it takes to restore order.
Article 9, Geneva convention:

Art. 9. The present Convention shall be applied with the cooperation and under the scrutiny of the Protecting Powers whose duty it is to safeguard the interests of the Parties to the conflict. For this purpose, the Protecting Powers may appoint, apart from their diplomatic or consular staff, delegates from amongst their own nationals or the nationals of other neutral Powers. The said delegates shall be subject to the approval of the Power with which they are to carry out their duties. "

The Parties to the conflict shall facilitate to the greatest extent possible the task of the representatives or delegates of the Protecting Powers. "

The representatives or delegates of the Protecting Powers shall not in any case exceed their mission under the present Convention.

They shall, in particular, take account of the imperative necessities of security of the State wherein they carry out their duties.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The mainstream media tide is only beginning to turn on this corrupt, deceitful government, FreeMason.

Not all will turn, but the turning and public opinion will be more than significant enough to get rid of the Bush administration cancer.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Uh MA your "corrupt and decietful government" is your opinion...and a poorly informed one at that

Last time I checked West Canada (aren't you in canada?
) is disgusted by the Frenchie President of yours, and their government's dispicable decisions.

When you have geographical locations hating the government, you get Civil War....

I've yet to see any Geographical location despise Bush...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join