It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATSNN voting system is seriously flawed...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I recommend giving experts the ability to strike negative votes from a submission, with the caveat that they must explain their action and be accountable for any abuse of the function. When the partisans try to burn down a legitimate post, an expert should be able to prevent that. The experts remain responsible to board staff of course, but they can act as aides to the mods to maintain ATSNN.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I recommend giving experts the ability to strike negative votes from a submission, with the caveat that they must explain their action and be accountable for any abuse of the function. When the partisans try to burn down a legitimate post, an expert should be able to prevent that. The experts remain responsible to board staff of course, but they can act as aides to the mods to maintain ATSNN.

How would an expert or a mod know if it was a partisan action? I don't feel they should be given any more power to legislate other people's thoughts besides a heavier vote. One can think bias views had an effect, one can "know," but one can never truly know.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hell, I would be happy just to see the addition of a simple "No" button with a scroll down reason for why, if applicable.

In some cases, I simply want to vote a simple "No," like we have a simple "Yes."

seekerof

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
As a matter of scientific curiouisity I am monitoring the result of mine, I am intrigued I got 2 nos , I bias and one editing suggestion....This is most helful for me in the fact that I am learning the feel of our members, I didnt however get my first vote till almost 10 mins after submission.

Is the 3 second post reply thing even possible, dont get me wrong ...Im curious could the first vote come from a modaerator before the submission appeared to the rest of us? Surely they have to be able to see it before us as they have unique access to the system.

PS VAGABON love the avatar from Fall Out 2 I loved that game hope there is a three or expansion pack made....

[edit on 8/4/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
Is the 3 second post reply thing even possible, dont get me wrong ...Im curious could the first vote come from a modaerator before the submission appeared to the rest of us? Surely they have to be able to see it before us as they have unique access to the system.

They go right to "(submission) (genre) Title" for voting. I know because I always make a point to try and vote on my own, I love getting the "NO!" message.

The system is devoid of mods except for actual moderation of the content. All members have immediate voting rights.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I've gotten no:bias notices for articles that had absolutely nothing to do with politics. I think some people just like voting no and randomly choose a reason to do so.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I've gotten no:bias notices for articles that had absolutely nothing to do with politics. I think some people just like voting no and randomly choose a reason to do so.

To tell you the truth, I have voted no:story(and sometimes no Bias) a number of times when there was no other option to choose that fit in with why I voted no. The reason being that sometimes stories are just too damn short to be on ATS. Personally there seems to be more life to ATSNN now. With more members will comes more submissions and overall higher quality. Look at Wikipedia, if we can get 1/1000th the number of submitters here that they have ATSNN will have no equal in our Niche of News Reporting.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

Originally posted by drbryankkruta

They go right to "(submission) (genre) Title" for voting. I know because I always make a point to try and vote on my own, I love getting the "NO!" message.

The system is devoid of mods except for actual moderation of the content. All members have immediate voting rights.

Sounds good I was just wondering if there was a justified reason for the speed of short term votes ...no biggie was curious.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It seems that people vote "no" for very nonsensical reasons. I myself have gotten "bias" votes for something that had absolutely nothing to with politics and had no bias. I'm wondering if perhaps limiting voting to people who have had a small number of articles accepted, say 1 or 5, would help?

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I too have had similar problems. Hence the thread i started earlier.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkrutaPS VAGABON love the avatar from Fall Out 2 I loved that game hope there is a three or expansion pack made....
[edit on 8/4/2005 by drbryankkruta]

Alright! Finally PipBoy gets some respect! I'll probably bring back the fallout avatar after a while, I'm just trying to keep my avatar fresh and interesting for a while.

A fallout expansion would be an awesome idea. I wish I knew the first thing about programming- I'd make one myself. I have to say the game gets a tad boring after a while, especially when you play as a sniper. Once you get the sharp-shooter perk where all of your hits are criticals you may as well just put the game down and say you beat it.
I'd like to set up my own combat scenarios and teach the NPCs some tactics.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join