It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATSNN voting system is seriously flawed...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsider
A few weeks back I was on ATS & reading and often while I'm on the computer I have the radio & or tv on and I usually have some munchies & a drink close by. I was moving my driink & mouse & suddenly my screen saiad I just voted for someones post. Yep, it was an accident, but no big deal & probably made the guys day even though I didn't like what he had to say.

Errr... You should be voting on the article, not the views. If the post wasn't appealing to you, that's perfectly fine (and normal!) but it doesn't mean that it's not a good news article and deserves your vote.

I know I have acidently hit the alert button, twice I think, but thus far nothing has come of it (thank god). Those were both quite early on and I hope to never do it again, else I iron my hands!

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I read every article I vote on -- I do read really fast though -- so if you put up a submission and I happened to catch it just as it got on I could vote pretty quickly -- not 3 seconds but fast.

I actually agonize about some of my votes -- I think the article is good and important but maybe should be in a more generalized current event area.

And I really like the current system -- submissions get seen by everyone and read -- and by having it have the postitive and negative votes I think it sometimes keeps the article up longer so more people will see it before the voting is done.

My only problem is occasionally I forget what I voted for -- so I am glad to have the reminder that I voted already come up. Not a commentary on the submission but on my memory.

[edit on 26-3-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
After three years, Google News is still in BETA... ATSNN is barely 15 months old.

Top men in their field are currently working on this right now. The goal, as always with the new system, will be to find a way where the members of this community drive the content of a news portal with a focus on the current events that inspire our core topics -- conspiracies and other alternative subjects.

so this flawed system is being dealt with???

what things are you hoping to change???

thanks...

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
After three years, Google News is still in BETA... ATSNN is barely 15 months old.

Top men in their field are currently working on this right now. The goal, as always with the new system, will be to find a way where the members of this community drive the content of a news portal with a focus on the current events that inspire our core topics -- conspiracies and other alternative subjects.

so this flawed system is being dealt with???

what things are you hoping to change???

thanks...

He didnt say it was flawed. You are always complaining, if you want something, come with something. There is a suggestion box, click it. We dont want and are tired of seeing you cry like a baby just to be seen.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
are you kidding me???

it IS flawed...

read the posts after mine in this thread...

you are stupid did you know that???

i am trying to make ATS a better place as ALL members should do...

so, if you are a member of ATS, post threads on how to make ATS a better place or use the suggestion tab...

BTW, i made this thread to get the word out and to see who else thinks the system should be changed...

idiot...

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

so, if you are a member of ATS, use the suggestion tab...

This is the right answer. Period.

[edit on 26-3-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

are you kidding me???

it IS flawed...

read the posts after mine in this thread...

you are stupid did you know that???

i am trying to make ATS a better place as ALL members should do...

so, if you are a member of ATS, post threads on how to make ATS a better place or use the suggestion tab...

BTW, i made this thread to get the word out and to see who else thinks the system should be changed...

idiot...

I just wanted what you called me in quotes so you couldnt change it

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
alot of members have this hate of this system...

if SO sees THIS thread instead of ONE complaint, it will be MORE effective...

right???

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

alot of members have this hate of this system...

if SO sees THIS thread instead of ONE complaint, it will be MORE effective...

right???

NO, why are you the only one? Because the rest are good members.

link   
Enough.. there is no need for personal attacks here.

If you don't like the system voice your opinions but please lets try to keep it civil here.

Warnings are on the way if you continue.

By the way.. ATSNN is working fine.. just take a look.. some memebers are actually contributing to the effort.. and getting through the voting.

We can all work this out together.

Gazz

link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

I just wanted what you called me in quotes so you couldnt change it

good idea...

BUT you are ruining this thread so please leave...

lets get back on track...

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

Gazz

I Think there should be, I called no names.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Enough.. there is no need for personal attacks here.

If you don't like the system voice your opinions but please lets try to keep it civil here.

By the way.. ATSNN is working fine.. just take a look.. some memebers are actually contributing to the effort.. and getting through the voting.

We can all work this out together.

Gazz

good news...

i contributed A LOT BTW...

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

I Think there should be, I called no names.

you called me a "baby"...

but that is behind me now...

i will be the better man and say "sorry" to you...

its over now...

[edit on 26-3-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
lets look at the facts of this system:

members DO vote without reading the submissions...

this MUST mean that they DO just vote for 5 ATS points...

submissions that "do not follow requirements" ARE getting more "yes" votes than "no" votes because members do not read the submissions...

there ARE probably more but i will leave you to decide those...

this IS a problem that i am just pointing out...

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thw only problem with the system is that people cant handle the truth, some are just not news, so they call name to start an argument or create threads like this to get people upset and fighting, That is the only problem as I see it.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

lets look at the facts of this system:

members DO vote without reading the submissions...

this MUST mean that they DO just vote for 5 ATS points...

submissions that "do not follow requirements" ARE getting more "yes" votes than "no" votes because members do not read the submissions...

And how can you prove these are "Facts"???

I can imagine there are some who vote just to vote.. that happens in any voting system.

However I think you underestimate the members of ATS.

They will vote in a good news item far more times than a bad one.

And most members vote because they believe it is a good story worthy of discussion in ATSNN.

When it is not it is voted out to the other courrent events forum

Bottom line there is nothing to support your so called "Facts".. other than pure speculation on your part.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
my proof was proven in my original post (yesterday)...

yesterday, i posted an ATSNN submission and it got a "yes" vote withing 3 seconds (BTW i WAS counting)...

how can someone do this???

this person couldn't have read this submission withing 3 seconds!?!?!?

so, this MUST mean they ARE voting for the POINTS...

why else would they vote (in three seconds)???

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Just happened to me with my ATSNN submission on choosing the sex for your baby. As soon as I submittes, waited for the lag to redirect me, and there was already a no vote there waiting for me!!!

How could they have read it!!

EDIT: It took me under 10 seconds to redirect. There is no chance in hell that they could have read it.

[edit on 27/3/05 by stumason]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Just happened to me with my ATSNN submission on choosing the sex for your baby. As soon as I submittes, waited for the lag to redirect me, and there was already a no vote there waiting for me!!!

How could they have read it!!

EDIT: It took me under 10 seconds to redirect. There is no chance in hell that they could have read it.

[edit on 27/3/05 by stumason]

my proof...

UM_Gazz...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join