It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reserection Of Jesus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
If as the bible states Jesus was reserected on Easter Sunday, and that is the day to celebrate the reserection, then how does the date of easter sunday change every year?
Jesus was supposedly born on the 25th of Dec and we always celebrate that on the same day, but the dates of easter change every year.
What date was he reserected on and why dont we celebrate easter then regardless of wether its a sunday or not!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
If as the bible states Jesus was reserected on Easter Sunday, and that is the day to celebrate the reserection, then how does the date of easter sunday change every year?
Jesus was supposedly born on the 25th of Dec and we always celebrate that on the same day, but the dates of easter change every year.
What date was he reserected on and why dont we celebrate easter then regardless of wether its a sunday or not!!!

The calendar dates a inaccurate.Some people believe Jesus was born weeks after we celebrate it.As for Easter in the early church easter was celebrated in differant dates.The date was disputed until the council of Nicaea in AD325 decreed the festival would be celebrated on the same date.The day chosen was the Sunday following the first full moon after the spring equinox.The full moon being a notional Paschal full moon occurs in either 29 or 30 day cycle.The Theological significantes of this date was that it was the date with the maxiumun light 12 hours followed by 12 hours of moon light.It means that Easter can be celebrated between the 22 March and 25 April.After ferocious early schisms and excommunications the Gregorian calendar was adopted in Britain and Ireland in 1752 and easter has been celebrated on the same day in the western part of the Christian world eversince.The eastern churches however did not adopt the same calender and still celebrate Easter at a differant time.In 1990 the vatican approved a proposal to celebrate on a fixed date.The proposal is subject to agreement by all the other Christian chusrcehs and govts.So far agreement has not been made so Easter changes year to year

[edit on 26-3-2005 by weirdo]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
easter is always celebrated on the sunday after the jewish passover. as the passover is according to the jewish calendar, and not ours, it fluctuates from year to year because the jewish calendar is LUNAR whereas ours is SOLAR.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
A traditional day of celebration does not have much bearing on a historical date.

A good example is Preidents day (George Washington's Birthday), the observation of which was shifted to the third Monday in February each year whether or not it fell on the 22nd. Not to metion the pre-mid-1800 calander he used said he was born on Feb 11th.

Traditionally we celebrate it on one day, but it is observed on another day

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Have ever wonder what 'Santa Claus' has to do with the birth of Jesus Christ.

Another question would be...what the 'Easter' bunny has to do with the resurection (or near-death) of Jesus Christ?

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Another question would be...what the 'Easter' bunny has to do with the resurection (or near-death) of Jesus Christ?

That's because Jesus and Santa Claus are the same person and when Jesus was reincarnated, he was reincarnated into the Easter Bunny! HIs wife, Mary Magdeline was actually reincarnated into the tooth fairy!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

easter is always celebrated on the sunday after the jewish passover. as the passover is according to the jewish calendar, and not ours, it fluctuates from year to year because the jewish calendar is LUNAR whereas ours is SOLAR.

Answers my question perfectly!
Thanks!

[edit on 31/3/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zabilgy
That's because Jesus and Santa Claus are the same person and when Jesus was reincarnated, he was reincarnated into the Easter Bunny! HIs wife, Mary Magdeline was actually reincarnated into the tooth fairy!
ROTFL! I always wondered myself about this, this is as good an explanation as any, including Constantine's:

When the question relative to the sacred festival of Easter arose, it was universally thought that it would be convenient that all should keep the feast on one day; for what could be more beautiful and more desirable, than to see this festival, through which we receive the hope of immortality, celebrated by all with one accord, and in the same
manner? It was declared to be particularly unworthy for this, the
holiest of all festivals, to follow the custom[the calculation] of the
Jews, who had soiled their hands with the most fearful of crimes, and
whose minds were blinded. In rejecting their custom,(1) we may transmit to our descendants the legitimate mode of celebrating Easter, which we have observed from the time of the Saviour's Passion to the present day[according to the day of the week]. We ought not, therefore, to have anything in common with the Jews,
for the Saviour has shown us another way; our worship follows a more legitimate and more convenient course(the order of the days of the week); and consequently, in unanimously adopting this mode, we desire, dearest brethren, to separate ourselves from the detestable company of the Jews, for it is truly shameful for us to hear them boast that without their direction we could not keep this feast. ...

Besides, consider well, that in such an important matter, and on a subject of such great solemnity, there ought not to be any division. Our Saviour has left us only one festal day of our redemption, that is to say, of his holy passion, and he desired[to establish] only one Catholic Church. Think, then, how unseemly it is, that on the same day some should be fasting whilst others are seated at a banquet; and that after Easter, some should be rejoicing at feasts,
whilst others are still observing a strict fast. For this reason, a Divine Providence wills that this custom should be rectified and regulated in a uniform way; and everyone, I hope, will agree upon this point. As, on the one hand, it is our duty not to have anything in common with the murderers of our Lord; and as, on the other, the custom now followed by the Churches of the West, of the South, and of
the North, and by some of those of the East, is the most acceptable, it
has appeared good to all; and I have been guarantee for your consent,
that you would accept it with joy, as it is followed at Rome, in Africa, in all Italy, Egypt, Spain, Gaul, Britain, Libya, in all Achaia, and in the dioceses of Asia, of Pontus, and Cilicia. You should consider not only that the number of churches in these provinces make a majority, but also that it is right to demand what our reason approves, and that we should have nothing in common with the Jews. ...

The exact date Easter was to be celebrated was argued for centuries, not just with Constantine but also in 343 with the Synod of Sardica where the Alexandrians and Romans celevrated same a month apart. Again in 387 where the former date was based on a March 21 equinox, which previously established an 84 year cycle was calculated. In 457, the debate arose again at the end of the cycle which brought the Latin date in line with the Alexandrian when Dionysus offered up a 19 year cycle. Not all diocesae were in agreemnt however, and so the debrate raged until 729 when the 19 year cycle was accepted.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
one of the things Jesus wanted us to do was remember what he did, not 2 days a year (Christmas & Easter, or as many call C&E Christians), but everyday! His Word, God's Word, was to be lived not memorialized like a gravestone. So, let everyone know the good news. He is. This is the true meaning of Resurrection Sunday.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It changes every year because we want it to actually be on Sunday. If it stayed the same it would go on monday the next year then tuesday and so on.

Santa( which I think is idiotic) was origianly St. Nickolaus. St. Nickolaus would give gifts to poor children. For some idiotic reason they changed it to that fat idiot Santa.
I think the Easter bunny is supposed to be a symbol of life. You know rabbits and all
The egg is also a symbol of life.
Dam long ears trying to take Easter away from Jesus!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
It changes every year because we want it to actually be on Sunday. If it stayed the same it would go on monday the next year then tuesday and so on.

Are you being sarcastic with this part of your post?

Here is an excellent link explaining it in great detail:

aa.usno.navy.mil...

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The Lunar calendar explination was right on the spot. This is probably the only religious holiday that we are sure we celebrate on the right date. I don't think Christmas is anywere near close.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwen

Not sure about the Easter Bunny, but Santa Claus comes from an actual person named Nicholas, who eventually became a saint. He would give to the poor every Christmas. Really he looked nothing like the Santa of today, but anyway... Saint Nicholas (who gave to the poor throught the year and not just at Christmas time) was eventually turned into the big marketing scheme that it is today. In actuality it has nothing to do with Jesus, but a lot to do with Christianity and particularly Catholicism.

If you're interested in languages at all, it's interesting to research where some of the different names for Santa come from. Kris Kringle is German... but the others, I don't remember.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by savannah
The Lunar calendar explination was right on the spot. This is probably the only religious holiday that we are sure we celebrate on the right date. I don't think Christmas is anywere near close.

I agree the pass over is a Jewish celebration but Jesus was not born on Christmas, actually some scholars believe that he was born under the sign of Pisces, he was born after all during the winter months.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Really, Marg?
Hmm, never read a "scholar" asserting that Jesus was a Pisces. Thats an astrology thing and religious "scholars" do not dwell in astrology, do they?

The sixth month of the Hebrew calendar is August-September, or late summer. Soon after that Mary went to visit Elizabeth and it is clear that Mary had become pregnant a while before she visited her cousin. From Matthew's account it would appear that Joseph and Mary were married before Mary set off for Judea (probably Hebron) to see Elizabeth. Mary spent three months in Hebron with Elizabeth. Since Mary's pregnancy commenced a little before the sixth month, i.e. around July, or perhaps even a little earlier (the scriptures are not definite), Jesus would be born somewhere around March-June, i.e. in the SPRING. John the Baptist would have been born in the autumn/fall or early winter, probably around October/November.

Is there any further evidence that Jesus was born in the spring? Indeed there is, and it is probably the most devastating evidence against those who believe in a 25 December or 6 January birth: "And she brought forth her firstborn son , and wrapped Him in swaddling clothes, and laid Him in a manger; because there was no room at the inn. And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the fields , keeping watch over their flock by night" (Luke 2:7-8, AV). In Palestine sheep are brought in from the fields in the middle of October for the duration of the winter, which is VERY COLD on the hills of the Holy Land. The fact the shepherds were watching over their flocks by night, in the fields, shows conclusively that the time of the birth of Jesus could NOT have been in the autumn or winter (i.e. 25 December or 6 January). After the cold season the sheep are let out into the fields again in about MID-MARCH.

THEREFORE JESUS HAD TO HAVE BEEN BORN BETWEEN MID-MARCH AND MID-OCTOBER unless it is argued that this text has been tampered with also. And the story of Mary's conception narrows it down to March-June.

WHEN WAS JESUS BORN?

Seems to me that the month varies according to interpretation and sourcings, as indicated here:

At best, the passage narrows down the birth month to one of 7 months in the late spring, summer, or early fall.

In What Month Was Jesus' Born?

seekerof

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Really, Marg?
Hmm, never read a "scholar" asserting that Jesus was a Pisces. Thats an astrology thing and religious "scholars" do not dwell in astrology, do they?

Well Seekerof you are now in the religious board? Well actually I may have made a mistake on the month he was born but the death sea scroll did talks about astrology.

Actually I apologizes for the pieces I made a mistake its believe that the was under the house of Aquarius.

Luke 22:10 - Jesus tells his followers that they are to enter the house of the man with a water pitcher.

As you see that is the house of Aquarius, marking the beginning of a new age.

The 12 ages are the zodiac houses in heaven.

The death sea scroll talks about astrology the people of the time believed in it.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran

Originally posted by Croat56

Are you being sarcastic with this part of your post?

Here is an excellent link explaining it in great detail:

aa.usno.navy.mil...

No I am not being sarcastic. I was told that it doesnt movies because its supposed to be Easter Sunday and Good Friday is supposed to be on a Friday.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Really, Marg?

The sixth month of the Hebrew calendar is August-September, or late summer. Soon after that Mary went to visit Elizabeth and it is clear that Mary had become pregnant a while before she visited her cousin.
Pick and choose the contradiction that best suits your want to contradict.

According to Luke 1:24 Elizabeth conceived, hid herself for 5 months, and in the 6th, Gabriel visited Mary to announce her virginal but pregnant status. Which is it then that Mary was pregnant before or after she visited her cousin?

Both matthew and Luke were into telling tall stories is the actual answer.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Quote///"O death, where is thy victory?
O Hades, where is thy sting?" (I Corinthians 15:55).

Therefore, when a man in Christ breathes his last, he sheds only the shell of his body, to be clothed with it once again on the day of the Second Coming.

Men have condemned God to death; God,
however, has by His Resurrection "sentenced" men to immortality.
In return for their buffets,
He offers embraces; for their insults, blessings; for death, immortality. Never have men shown such enmity for God as when they crucified Him; and never has God shown such love for men as He did in resurrecting.
Men wish to render God mortal,
but God by His Resurrection designed to make men immortal.
The crucified God resurrected and overcame death.
Death is no more. Immortality has overtaken man and the whole of his world.

www.orthodoxinfo.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Almost all religions have deep astrological roots, Christianity as well.

I dont know why they run away from their own roots today, but in Mexico you can go to Catholic Churches built in the 17-18 century that have Astrology in the stained glass, carved into the doors, in the artwork, pretty much everywhere. Its the Zodiacal signs, the 12 constellations.

In Genisis God lays out the planets stars and heavens for signs and to tell the seasons, the 3 kings are told to follow a Star to the birth of Christ, if you read revelations it is chock full of astrological references and signs, as is most of the Bible, and most religious books.

top topics

join