It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Deal with 2012??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I have heard lots and lots about 2012, but never really listened, Now I want to hear everything. I looked about the Internet, wasn't very impressed. looking around San Diego, Ca. I notice billboards with pictures of trashed beaches and trashed parks that say things like "La Jolla: 2012" and "Balboa Park: 2012" meaning those areas are going to be trashed if we don't start recycling and re-using.

- The Mayan Calender runs out
- New York and London and numberous other cities are fighting over the
oympics.
- John Titor says to expect something biblical.

Is this when the New World Order starts? anyone with a time line on how this NWO would start in the next 8 years?

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Godzilla1985
looking around San Diego, Ca. I notice billboards with pictures of trashed beaches and trashed parks that say things like "La Jolla: 2012" and "Balboa Park: 2012" meaning those areas are going to be trashed if we don't start recycling and re-using.

sounds interesting, maybe coincidence?

- The Mayan Calender runs out
- New York and London and numberous other cities are fighting over the
oympics.
- John Titor says to expect something biblical.

yes, the Mayan calendar ends...who cares? where are the Mayans?

Aren't cities always fighting over the Olympics?

I thought John Titor was a fraud?

Is this when the New World Order starts? anyone with a time line on how this NWO would start in the next 8 years?

I hate the NWO, what a bunch of BS!!

Maybe it will usher in the apocalypse, like in 2000, 1999, 1666, 1000, 666, etc. (and I'm skipping a bunch).

Or, maybe it's just another year.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
From what ive read. Ive decided that 2012 to the mayans doesnt mean the end of the world. But instead, the beginning of a Golden Era.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I like to think of it as if we are on a giant grandfather clock, and the last 5 000 years has been the time between eleven o'clock and twelve o'clock. So, except for a small ding at quarter after eleven, a larger one at half past, and another small one at quarter to twelve, our total recorded history has been a calm, steady, quiet, predictable period. But when we get to midnight, all of a sudden all the bells and whistles go off just like they did at eleven. But that was so long ago that we have forgotten about it. So, although we may think we know the cycles of the earth and sun, and we are confidently relaxed in our certainty that we know what is going on.... we really have no idea, it is no more than an educated guess. Pole shifts, solar flares, long period comets etc, are all possible 2012 happenings.
One book I read showed the definite possiblility that the Mayans had a very in depth knowledge of sunspot cycles. Maybe 2012 is when the next realy big sunspot activity odccurs.

[edit on 03 22 2005 by BlackGuardXIII]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Like poonchang said it might happen but this kinda of stuff has been predicted about for forever and some of it happens some times it doesnt.
I say, the best advice is to keep living your life normally and then when 2011 hits start partying like its 1999

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The "really big sunspot activity" happened over the last couple years. If you know about astronomy the electromagnetic feild of the sun needs time to wind itself up to cause electromagnetic storms and such. Now the sun released it's pent up energy back in the fall of 2003, when it's electromagnetic feild snapped back and caused all those solar storms. It had been winding for years and years longer than normal and the results were merely some exceptionally pretty auroras.

As for 2012 and the Mayans, well guess what, their world ended back when the Spanish destroyed their culture, did the have the forsight to see that coming? If they had they probably would not have fought a lengthly war just before the Conquistadors arrived, making their takeover very easy.

The only other mention of 2012 I've heard beyond the olympic bids, is in the 'bible code' and regarding a very large commet or asteroid that is set to impact the earth (or not depending upon who's bible matrix you read) that year and start the end of the world. I figure with the time that NASA or other space agencies could detect it, it'd be a short matter of reprograming a few large nulcear rockets to go and turn it enough to make it a miss.

I can tell you that personally the year 2012 is when I'm shooting on buying my first Aston Martin, so I'm quite well looking forward to it.

~Astral

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
2012 will be he year the global elite hoax an alien attack on the earth using the technology they have kept secret on us, the whole world will be united in militarism and in war.

A complete police state would be inforced because of the riots....

2006 will the Nuclear Threat/Attack

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
And where did you get this from?

~Astral

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

As for 2012 and the Mayans, well guess what, their world ended back when the Spanish destroyed their culture, did the have the forsight to see that coming? If they had they probably would not have fought a lengthly war just before the Conquistadors arrived, making their takeover very easy.

The only other mention of 2012 I've heard beyond the olympic bids, is in the 'bible code' and regarding a very large commet or asteroid that is set to impact the earth (or not depending upon who's bible matrix you read) that year and start the end of the world. I figure with the time that NASA or other space agencies could detect it, it'd be a short matter of reprograming a few large nulcear rockets to go and turn it enough to make it a miss.

I can tell you that personally the year 2012 is when I'm shooting on buying my first Aston Martin, so I'm quite well looking forward to it.

~Astral

The Vedas, macro Astrology, and various Native American shaman can be added to the Bible and Mayan calendar end time period. I guess you saw the movie Armageddon? I doubt the ease with which Bruce Willis et al dispatched the asteroid is a scientifically accurate portrayal.
Oh, btw, the Mayan civilization was not destroyed by the Conquistadors, it had been virtually non existant for centuries by then.
And actually, they did predict the coming of the Spaniards, quite accurately as a matter of fact.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Not much.

The earth will still be spinning.

So how about the year 7005. Seems sweet to me!

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
What Native American resources?

out of curiousity.............

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by navajoprophet
What Native American resources?

out of curiousity.............

prophecykeepers.com...

www.thebearbyte.com...

www.earthwild.net...

1986 Continental Indigenous Council, Fairbanks, Alaska Speech by Lee Brown

there's so much more online, I could post forever

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
didnt naustradamous also predict a commit in 2012 and a war before/after it?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII

~Astral

The Vedas, macro Astrology, and various Native American shaman can be added to the Bible and Mayan calendar end time period. I guess you saw the movie Armageddon? I doubt the ease with which Bruce Willis et al dispatched the asteroid is a scientifically accurate portrayal.
Oh, btw, the Mayan civilization was not destroyed by the Conquistadors, it had been virtually non existant for centuries by then.
And actually, they did predict the coming of the Spaniards, quite accurately as a matter of fact.

What do you mean by they predicted the coming of the Spaniards? Links/sources?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
www.onetribe.org...

www.sitchin.com...

www.water-consciousness.com...

www.geocities.com...

I could post more, but I am beginning to feel used. Why cant anyone else use a search engine. I am not too excited about doing your research for you. I hope those four links are enough for you........if not there are a hundred more out there.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by antigovFZ777
From what ive read. Ive decided that 2012 to the mayans doesnt mean the end of the world. But instead, the beginning of a Golden Era.

I am very happy with this idea. Remember though, you have to go through a lot of hardship and rubbish material to strike gold.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
December 22 2012 is written as the last day on the Mayan Calaender. There seems to be a lot of focus of this being the last year for earth as we know it now.

With all the events presently happening along with overpopulation and lack of effort to seriously reduce polution and oil dependence I fear the world, as we know it, will not exist by 2012 and reaching 2012 will be a fear for our younger generations rather than thinking when we get there that may be the end.

So, for me predicted events coming in 2012 may be the least of worries.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Study the I-Ching.

That's my contribution.

Everything changes. That's really all that's for sure. It will usher in a golden age...

Or we will finally be wiped from this planet so the seeds of renewal can be sown without concern for who will stomp all over them in petty narcissistic hubris. We've had at least two chances. This will be our last one. Our greatest moment, or just another collossal failure.

It's up to you how you perceive the date, the timeline, or rather, the deadline. Perceive it as you will. Adjust behaviours accordingly. What more can anyone say?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one
didnt naustradamous also predict a commit in 2012 and a war before/after it?

Here's what google returned:
www.satansrapture.com... ;

What troubles me most is if all events are to happen, doesn't that mean that our future is already sealed and that we don't even have much control over our destiny? What's the point then?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Nothing is assured, no outcome is foretold, only a turning point, a fork in the road. We will choose for ourselves just as we've always done. It's up to us, and always has been.

There's no such thing as destiny when it comes to the human intelect, we're simply too unpredictable. We could all decide, tommorow, that hate and rage are unproductive and inefficient, and that would solve most of our problems. The odds against this happening are high, but the possibility exists.

That's where hope lies.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join