It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABUSE CRISIS: U.S. army releases details in 27 detainee deaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The American army has released information on 27 suspected or confirmed murders to prisoners in Iraq and Afghanistan. Through the investigation of 16 cases, the Army Criminal Investigation Command had found at least 21 soliders guilty of crimes, with murder and assault among convictions.

www.cbc.ca
WASHINGTON - The U.S. army released details Friday of the suspected or confirmed homicides of 27 detainees who died in U.S. custody in Iraq and Afghanistan between August 2002 and November 2004.

The Army Criminal Investigation Command said in the 16 cases it has completed so far, it found sufficient evidence to support a range of charges against 21 soliders, including murder, negligent homicide and assault.

Five of those cases were referred to other agencies, including the case of an Iraqi who died of "blunt force trauma" at the Abu Ghraib prison outside Baghdad. The navy took the case and filed court martial charges against several navy SEAL commandos and one sailor.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Although I know this is not a perfect world we live in, it is always disappointing to see something like this happen. I guess I would have seen the murders of one or two as more reasonable numbers, but 27 is just too many.

Furthermore, the Americans are suppose to be the liberators of Iraq. How can they expect a country to trust them with these crimes? I guess it is the people that need blaming, not the American government itself.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I don't know if this has anyone elses mind boggled, but if you wont reply, I would at least appreciate a downgrade.

oh wait !

You mean the administration lied when they said Abhu graib was an isolated incident?

Imagine my surprise!

Why does no one listen to "conspiracy nuts"then when they have the evidence they all say the same thing:

"we didn't know" My this is dis-heartening.......

Im not sure exactly what you mean from that...?

[edit on 26/3/05 by ivanglam]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
oh wait !

You mean the administration lied when they said Abhu graib was an isolated incident?

Imagine my surprise!

Why does no one listen to "conspiracy nuts"then when they have the evidence they all say the same thing:

"we didn't know" My this is dis-heartening.......

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It doesn't stop to amazed me how the Government had not choice but to bring all the details of detainees death out in the public even if it means to look bad not only in the eyes of the American public but also risking the scorn of the Iraqi people.

I wonder how the Iraqis feel about all the evidence of the abuse in Iraq. I even wonder if we will ever know how they feel and if charges or law suits will be able to get anything from all the exposure.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

It doesn't stop to amazed me how the Government had not choice but to bring all the details of detainees death out in the public even if it means to look bad not only in the eyes of the American public but also risking the scorn of the Iraqi people.

I wonder how the Iraqis feel about all the evidence of the abuse in Iraq. I even wonder if we will ever know how they feel and if charges or law suits will be able to get anything from all the exposure.

Actually as gross as this is, it only surprised me when i first read it. Now I've come to realize this is a common factor during war. Even the peace keepers are being blames for crimes.. I remember reading a few years back that Canadians were the ones being punished for hate crimes or whatever they're called..

I think that events like this should be dealt with more swiftly then they have been so far... Who knows how long ago this could have happened?

Even now tho, I believe there are some similar events that the government keeps out of the public's eye.

[edit on 26/3/05 by ivanglam]

new topics

top topics

join