It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Octopuses Seen Walking-Evolution in Action?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I remember seeing on the discover channel about what animals will look like in the future. Something like future evolution. I remember it saying that the octotpus was supposed to eventually come up on land and be the smartest species since us to walk the Earth.
Wasnt supposed to be for like millions of years though.

I also thought they lived alot longer and i thought the giant ones lived a hundred years.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
I remember seeing on the discover channel about what animals will look like in the future. Something like future evolution. I remember it saying that the octotpus was supposed to eventually come up on land and be the smartest species since us to walk the Earth.
Wasnt supposed to be for like millions of years though.

I also thought they lived alot longer and i thought the giant ones lived a hundred years.

100 years is a LOOOONG time. I'd have said more like 10, but, still wrong.

Interesting special, it seems. I knew they were smart, and having multiple legs would certainly be a huge advantage over most land creatures, especially the kind of power they put in, but the dryness doesn't seem to work. They'd have to sacrifice a lot of their abilities to make do with a life on land, and would eventually become just another land-lubber.

Sides, damned if I'd allow a bloody octopuss to take over MY house!

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
So when octopuses start walking, will restaurants charge more for land-calamari?

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by StaggerLee
So when octopuses start walking, will restaurants charge more for land-calamari?

I doubt it. They'd have to exert more forces to stand up on land as opposed to water. The meat would get all stringy = not desirable.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
dang you guys really got into the heart of this topic huh?

the octi are meant to walk that way it doesnt mean theyre coming onto land cuz theyre smart, just using what they have to catch food, hide from predators etc.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
dang you guys really got into the heart of this topic huh?

the octi are meant to walk that way it doesnt mean theyre coming onto land cuz theyre smart, just using what they have to catch food, hide from predators etc.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join