It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it that I saw?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
A few weeks ago, I was sitting on my back porch enjoying some lemonade since it was such an unusually pretty day for this time of year. Anyway, I noticed something strange crawling along the top of my garage, it was a bug of some sort. When it reached the edge it took flight. It was a butterfly, a solid black one strangely enough. I've never seen one that looks like that before. I also noticed it was rather large, not HUGE, but...big for a butterfly. Well, by this time it had been fluttering about in my back yard for about two to three minutes. Then I got up to take a closer look (who wouldn't??), and this is the really strange part; I was walking towards it and when I was about 15 feet away...I'm not sure how to describe it properly, but...it "folded up" and seemed to be "sucked" out of reality; it disappeared. I didn't take my eyes off of it the whole time. Could it have been a halucination? I've never had one before. Has anybody ever heard of anything such as this?

By the way, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I first thought about putting this in Cryptozoology, but I don't believe what I saw was a physical creature, at least not one from this dimension.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
i was interested in what you had to say but have you thought of the possibility that the butterfly felt endangered by you and had camoflaged itself into its surroundings. as you my already know this is not such an uncomon act of self defence as chaemlions are also known for changing colour to there surroundings when they feel endangered. butteflys are only coloured on one side of their wings so it my just have turned over and will have seemed to have disapeared

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It could have been a young trickster spirit testing its shapeshifting abilities.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The most likely explanations I can think of are as follows:
1. You lost track of it.
2. It blended in with its surroundings.

The less likely (but more paranormally oriented) explanations are:
1. It never existed and you immagined the whole thing.
2. It passed through a temporary gap in the brane between this universe and another.
3. It dematerialized.

I am intruiged by the thoughts that some of these explinations bring.

new topics

top topics

join