It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the next UK party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Would the British Public vote for a Party that would

1: Close all borders
2: fix all the problems internally first
3: spend more moeny on a defense force
4: wouldnt follow America everyware
5: Would begin to Bring back what britain really was rather than everything being racist in one way r another

I think britain has had enough of Immigrants etc coming 1st and other countries coming before us. that would be why Far right parties such as the BNP and NF produced Record local election reesults.

Do you think a party like that could come into power in the near future

My opinion YES.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I really cant see it happening.

The BNP only fielded candidates in areas with race relation problems(or at least concentrated their campaigning in such areas), and they also blatently lied during their campaigning (more than the other politicians!). To gain power, they would need to secure the 'popular vote', and racism isnt that popular.

Secondly, the right is far too crowded. The only party with any chance of power, is the Conservatives, but they have UKIP as a thorn in their side, sucking up the anti-EU vote, and that would be the same problem for the BNP. Oh and dont forget Veritas..... hahaha.

The Conservatives have played the immigration card and promised to 'secure' the borders, but not close them! Two reasons for that:

1) No serious party with serious political aspirations would ever advocate closing the borders.

2)Closing the borders would cripple the country.

Leaving aside the inherent racist qualites of parties like the BNP, with their policies(policy?), they would be cutting off their nose to spite their face. The country would not suddenly become Great again, it would get worse. We would be left with a bunch of nutters with no experience of running a government, with no real idea of how to make things better.

As for 'not following America everywhere' - I hear what you're saying, but in the world we live in now (and I dont mean all that post nine eleven, terrorism bs), the UK and USA are inextricably linked, we need each other. Blair did, what any PM would have done, as there was no alternative. In my opinion, Bush's job was to invade a few countries, secure some oil, secure America some resources for the future; their next president(I think/hope), will be a lot less trigger happy, although im not too confident about that (60/40).

I'll stop rambling now, but I'll finish by saying there is more chance of Elvis making a comeback than a party like the BNP winning the general election, just not going to happen.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuanshao101
1: Close all borders

Only a fool would seal the borders, other countries would do the same and we would lose valuable immigrant workers.

2: fix all the problems internally first

Nobody can fix all the internal problems, and remember if we hide from the world the world is going to advance without us.

4: wouldnt follow America everyware

We don't follow them everywhere, we often annoy them, the same with Europe, Britain needs all the help it can get.

5: Would begin to Bring back what britain really was rather than everything being racist in one way r another

So which time period are we hopeing to return to?

I think britain has had enough of Immigrants etc coming 1st and other countries coming before us. that would be why Far right parties such as the BNP and NF produced Record local election reesults.

Link to evidence?

My opinion YES.

Well my opinion is no.

So what do you think would make Britain great?

[edit on 27-3-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

So what do you think would make Britain great?

Building a Big Shiny Spaceship and buggering off this God Forsaken rock before the Americans get us all killed.

[edit on 29/3/05 by stumason]

join