It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red X in box instead of pictures - help?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I need some help with what is probably a very simple problem. Simple to you guys, baffling to me.

Occasionally when viewing a post from a member that has inserted a picture into their reply, all I can see is a red X in a little box.

This doesn't happen all the time, it happens on BTS frequently but only once in a while on ATS (don't know if that is important or not).

I've searched ATS and haven't seen a relevant topic. Anybody out there that can help, I'll be eternally grateful.

Thx

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It could mean that the image is no longer hosted in the place that the url points to or the image was deleted or the hosting site doesn’t allow remote linking.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
That's quite possible in some of the cases, because I've opened the post with the QUOTE box and examined the url, and could not get to the page for the reasons you gave.

I use Lookout Express for email and when I get one of those red X's, I can display the by clicking on a line that gives me the option to view them.

Even now as I look at the smilies on the side of this page, there is the red X for brkdnc and af.

join