It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is god deranged?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
or is god like a caring father?

Would any of us condemn our children to hell forever and ever…..for any reason? NO, and neither would god.

If this life is sacred, then why is god, the saints, and all those who have died and gone to a better place……over there…. and not here on earth with the rest of us?

If the better place is on the other side where god is, why the hesitation of letting those who can no longer function in this world move to the better place?

Keeping people alive as if they were machinery, hooked up to tubes and pipes, and wires, are they siborgs?....Is that god’s plan?

If they can’t communicate how do we know they are not tormented by pain, if not boredom?

Talk about solitary confinement, who would love to spend their lives locked up in a small room, never being able to move, take care of themselves, talk to anyone---for days, months, years, decades and longer----for whose morbid pleasure?

Has our society become so callused that we don’t care about suffering as long as those that are suffering are hidden away in the warehouses called nursing homes, institutions and hospitals?

Life is precious, that’s why it never ends, only changes, usually for the better---in that other place, where god hangs out.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well, have you looked at the people at the grocery store lately. Not to mention the world leaders(all gluntoness and obsessed with pleasing the "unknown rich"), the celebs.(all self absorbed and promoting escapism, yet, ironically not seeing that's what they really get all that money for.), and well, ppl at ATS/BTS.
God has to be mad at us or visiting some other part of creation , since it seems most of all ppl at the top r on the verge of going all self descructive and nuts, but we're not allowed to even talk at their level, it's considered "arrogant and inmature". Obviously, Satan is so happy people love the UN and Santa Clause. Me, I just go where those odd little "energy cramps"/intution & my heart(same thing) tell me to go.

[edit on 3/25/05 by BSB2005]

[edit on 3/25/05 by BSB2005]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Chesed (Hebrew for Mercy) The fourth sphere of the Tree of Life. Related to the Atmic Body, the Innermost, the Inner Spirit, our own individual Divine Father.

The Kemetian(Egyptian) Goddess-Neter MAAT is also symbolic of Chesed/Mercy.

MAAT

METU NETER Vol. 1, Pg. 224

Maat, pronounced "Ma-aut", corresponds to the faculty within man wherein is intuited and experienced the urge to live truth (according to the laws of the indwelling self). The name and the meaning derived from the hieroglyph that is the phonetic symbol of "Maa"-the measure of a cubit. The connection of measurement with Truth is one of the most profound achievements of the African mind. We saw that the name of Maat's compliment (brother/husband), Tehuti, is also based on the idea of measurement. When something, one side of an equation is known, it is because we have an objective standard, the other side of the equation, against which to measure it. Hence the "double measure" or "Tehu-ti", the "utchau metut" (Weighing of Words) and the Weighing of the Heart judgment, etc.

The construction of all things and the unfolding of all events are based on universal patterns underlying the activities of all natural forces. While some of the patterns underlying physical phenomena have been discovered and codified by Western scientists (E.g., chemistry, physics), Africans and other Nonwestern people have discovered and codified the patterns governing our day to day existence and spiritual development. In other words, the quality of life, the destiny of men and nations are ruled by forces that are as measurable and subject to codification into immutable laws as are the factors governing physical and chemical phenomena. In the esoteric tradition, the branch of study governing these laws is Cosmology. The embodiment of these laws (moral canon), against which the actions and beliefs of Man are weighed/measured, is Maat.

By extension, the term 'maat' has several denotations in the everyday language of the Kamitic people; straight, rule, law, canon by which the lives of men is kept straight, real unalterable ("it, the law, hath never been altered since the time of Ausar"), upright, righteous and steadfast or consistent. The last correspondence, "steadfast or consistent", is of extreme importance. In the Kamitic tradition, a person cannot claim that he is living truth if he has not been consistent in the observance of the spiritual laws at each and every crossroad situation. This is why it is said, "Today as Yesterday, Tomorrow as Today, is Truth!"

We have seen that the basis of Truth is living by a standard imposed by our essential divine nature. This leads unavoidably to the question of where does man find the strength to rise to a moral standard of which God is the standard of measure. In the Kamitic tradition the answer has been concealed in their metaphoric (so-called mythologic) mode of communicating spiritual scientific information. Maat is the daughter of Ra, we are told. But its meaning has been clouded by the popular belief that Ra represents the Sun, or the Sun God. "Ra", pronounced Rau, and not Re (hence Aur-light; Aurum-gold, oro, Aura, Aurora, RAdiation, ARdent-fiery, etc.) corresponds to the solar energy or life force stored in physical bodies. It is the kundalini of the Hindus, the chi of Chinese metaphysics, Aganyu of the Yorubas, Dambadah Wedo of the Fons, etc.

An abundance of life force, which is required through proper diet, adequate exercise and the avoidance of sensual excesses, is required for developing the strength to live truth. The implications of this fact are that as long as people are kept ignorant of how to cultivate their life force, and worse, kept indulging in a lifestyle characterized by wrong diet, sexual excesses, etc., they will never intuit, understand, or find the strength to live truth. Society must then be doomed to ever deepening decadence. Salvation, they teach, can supposedly be achieved by asking for God's forgiveness after a life of debauchery.

Maat is generally depicted as a woman holding the Ankh cross, symbol of the heka Aung, in one hand and the Papyrus scepter, representing the book of the law, in the other. On her head rests the feather--her main symbol-- which is the standard against which the will (the heart/ab) of the initiate is weighed. In one pan of the scale is placed the heart and in the other, the feather, which symbolizes the lightness of truth, that is the absence of emotional force that characterizes the action of truth. A fact little known to Egyptologists is that in her furrow (a wrinkle in her face) lays concealed the scepter of flint which she confers upon the initiate after he has been found to be "true of heart" (to have lived truth). That it is to be used to kindle the fire of Ra, is a hint regarding the life force (kundalini) arousing power of living truth. This is the key of the supreme mantra caitanya (mantra awakening) secret that has eluded many yogis for millenniums.

© Ra Un Nefer Amen

They say that The Law of Justice is tempered with Mercy.

Karma Online Course - Cause and Effect

...So it is better to be fully educated with regard to the Law of Karma.

The Law of Karma is the Law of the Balance. The Law of Karma seeks to keep everything in the universe in balance. That is all. It is not a law of punishment or vengence. Nor is it merciless. In fact, as you will see later in the course, it is deeply compassionate.

And most importantly, the Law is not "out to get you." Law without mercy is tyranny, and God is not cruel and unjust. Just as your actions have created effects, then you can act further, in a different way, to create different effects, and cancel your debts. You can work with the Law, to be in accordance with the Law, and be in harmony.

The Lion of the Law is combated with the scale.

If you wish to untie a knot, you must first understand how it was tied. - Buddhism. Surangama Sutra.

So to answer your question: No, 'God' is not deranged.

PEACE

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BSB2005
Well, have you looked at the people at the grocery store lately. Not to mention the world leaders(all gluntoness and obsessed with pleasing the "unknown rich"), the celebs.(all self absorbed and promoting escapism,

Actually I see more of that going on in the middle classes and the ghettoes. If anything Satan is having a heyday in those places.

The rich only comprise two percent of the population; if you’re Satan you need quantity not quality.

But Satan is only a figment of active imaginations.

Nevertheless, we do have some impute in the creation of our own heaven and hell….hear on earth and beyond.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
The Kemetian(Egyptian) Goddess-Neter MAAT is also symbolic of Chesed/Mercy.

Just something silly (and interesting to point out). Maat means death in Hebrew

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Really? Are you sure about that? What is your source for this?

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
My source? Personal knowledge I suppose.
I can't find anything definite on the net to explain, though. However all these Biblical names (unfortunately they are not in the original Hebrew) have something to do with death:
Achmetha/ahimoth-brother of death
admetha-cloud of death
bashemath-confusion of death
jarmuth/jeremoth-one who fears death

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Thats the thing about god, being man made, he/she can be what ever you want.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
awwww....turns out I was wrong. Well, in a manner of speaking. The word was "mwt", not "mt". However, considering that there are no vowels, it could be pronounced as maat.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I believe Maut in arabic means death. But its pronounced like "maat". I'm not a 100% on that.
Go figure ha? One man's meat is anothers poison.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
being a grocery store bagger(who enjoys doing carts; even when it feels like -16 degrees farientheight outside.), I tend to count ppl and observe, especially how men talk to me, even though I'm like 4 or 5 years older than I look, even with a little makeup on.

I know what you mean, but I think religion did start from something real, yet I also believe temples, the church of all religions, even the UN's religion, corrupted it. Because very simply, ghosts and other "odd" events comes from something? Is it God, angels, demons, ghosts, "witches", or oneself? That's the tie breaking question of salvation.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s
I believe Maut in arabic means death. But its pronounced like "maat". I'm not a 100% on that.
Go figure ha? One man's meat is anothers poison.

Nothing strange about that...half the arabic words have roots in hebrew:
Peace in arabic is salaam. In hebrew it is shalom
Death in arabic is mawt. In hebrew it is also mawt
3 in arabic is thalatha. In hebrew it is shalash.
7 in arabic is saba'. In hebrew it is sheba'. It is also the root for sabbath (7th day)
Father in arabic is abu. In hebrew it is ab

If you compare arabic specifically with armaic, you will find even more similarities.

Tamahu, I just realised after looking at your post. Chesid is Hebrew for "Holy One" as well as "mercy". Interesting?

new topics

top topics

join