It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Approval Takes A Tumble

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
media.washingtonpost.com...

Bush's Approval Takes a Tumble
Friday, Mar 25, 2005; 12:42 PM

Was President Bush's showy foray into the Terri Schiavo case a tremendous political miscalculation? Or could it be those skyrocketing gas prices?

One way or the other, Bush's approval ratings seem to have taken a sharp tumble in recent days.

As I noted in yesterday's column, the latest CBS and Newsweek polls showed a sudden drop-off.

Now comes Gallup, finding the public's satisfaction with the president at an all-time low.

Bill Nichols writes in USA Today: "President Bush's approval rating has fallen to 45%, the lowest point of his presidency, according to a new USA Today/CNN/Gallup Poll."

Here they go with their famous spin. THE TRUTH IS he's low on the polls because of the unnesessary war. Thats why.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
And yet people voted this jackass back into office. *sigh* Although I must say that Kerry was not much better to begin with.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I have been watching the polls on what is going on and I guess Americans may be Christians but they sure don't like the federal government getting in their personal business.

Now the gas prices the deficit and the interest rates are all part of what is going on.

We are having a bad time, in America.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm not a Christian. I did vote for Bush. My approval of him and the republican congress has gone down quite a bit because of the Schavio case.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I bet his approvals are going to get even lower when he up to this day has not said anything about the Indian reservation shootings, nothing at all.

That is a shame.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well, I'm not sure what exactly he is supposed to say about those, Marg. I'll have to disagree there. What can he posssibly say about that situation that will improve it whatsoever?

[edit added]
Technically, I'm not even sure that is actually our part of our country. Aren't reservations considered seperate nations?
[edit end]

[edit on 25-3-2005 by Ambient Sound]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
No. You pople are making excuses for his failures!

This drop in approval is linked directly with the bogus war and the latest social security bru ha ha. People are waking up. Slowly but surely

IMHO.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Actually in a situation like that when a school and children and involved and is not another country in the middle east but here in our own soil.

The least thing to do is at least offer condolences, but I tell you what he was ready to do he was ready to get up and sign a stupid bill to step on the rights of a husband and the right to die.

That is what he did.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Not that the poll numbers really mean anything but i'm sure it's just a temporary setback. I'd like to see the raw data and WHO they asked. I mean if they go and poll the people of Manhattan I doubt there would be that favorable numbers as compared to some place like my home state of South Carolina. It has been made obvious that this administration does not govern by polls so it would make perfect since that they would fluctuate from time to time.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well let's take in consideration that before the 9/11 Bush popularity rates were none existent, he got his glory with the tragic events of that day, and the interest groups that surround him took a big pay off and cash out on the opportunity.

Now with the gas prices going up, the controversy on the SS reform that until this day he has not told anybody how he is planing to finance.

The deficit in our trade, the low on the dollar and the national debt with interest rates going up has a lot to do with all the polls.

Yes, none of this is helping at all, Bush is going back to pre 9/11 status.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
45%, eh? Nixon's was about 40% when he resigned, and Hillary Clinton's was 40% within two months. It's always amusing to see what the climate can do for ya. Nixon was revered by millions, and Clinton was just the opposite. Bush? Kinda in the middle.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
45%, eh? Nixon's was about 40% when he resigned, and Hillary Clinton's was 40% within two months. It's always amusing to see what the climate can do for ya. Nixon was revered by millions, and Clinton was just the opposite. Bush? Kinda in the middle.
Sorry, but Nixon was not revered by millions- Clinton was aside from his indiscretions- he was by far the best president when it came to running a nation.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Sorry, but Nixon was not revered by millions- Clinton was aside from his indiscretions- he was by far the best president when it came to running a nation.

Err, yeah, yeah he was. People loved Nixon. And notice I said Hillary Clinton, not Bill.

And, as far as best president in terms of running, what does that really mean? I'm inclined to say 'No.'

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
One way or the other, Bush's approval ratings seem to have taken a sharp tumble in recent days.

There's a very simple explanation for this. BushCo. stole the '04 election. It is only now translating in the various polls. Look at the percentage of support he has on a given issue. Then look at the number in opposition. That is the true breakdown of the '04 election. The numbers, where needed, were flipped for Bush.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Dear all,

It always makes me laugh when the Bu#es on this site try to defend Bush and the first place they go is Clinton.

To me that just makes the case worse.

Bush is a hopeless president in his own right.

However, when you compare him to Clinton he looks even worse.

What did Clinton do wrong? He lied about a blowjob. Did anyone die from that? The correct answer is no.

What has Bush done wrong? Invaded Iraq illegally. Did anyone die from that? By the best estimates upward of 50,000 people.

What else has Bush got wrong? Well his is directly responsible for the deaths of all those who died on 911 since his administration failed to stop it despite having the intel and the ability to do so.

Back to Clinton, he lied about a BJ. Still no deaths.

Shall I go on?

Cheers

BHR

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Bill Clinton is guilty of a lot more than that; but that is not what we're discussing here.

If you want to know what I'm talking about read: Compromised: Clinton, Bush & the CIA by Terry Reid

Good stuff. You might not see things quite the same way again, though.

That doesn't change anything in the matter of Bush, however. They want desperately for everyone to not think about stolen elections. They want everyone to go along with it and act like Bush is popular. He's not. Not at all. For myriad reasons. If the election had been clean, he'd be clearing brush in Texas right now.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
ECK,

I will try and get a copy of that.

I am all for balance in what I read.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
ECK,

I will try and get a copy of that.

I am all for balance in what I read.

Bill, it's an excellent book. I saw it years before I read it. I think it took me so long to finally pick it up b/c deep down, I did not want to know some of the things I learned about the Bush administration. Afterall, President Bush (the FIRST) was my commander in chief during the Gulf War and I had always admired his leadership.

I'm glad I read it, though. I highly recommend it to all.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
ECK,

I have not got as strong feelings against GB Sr as I do for his son.

I know quite a bit about what they have both done in their lives and feel that GB Sr was actually an educated man who made choices based on reasoned consideration.

His son is a moron. He is not competent to run 711 never mind the US.

I have many friends in America on both sides of the political spectrum and yet none of them feel proud to be represented on the world stage by GWB.

I am aware that being President is about doing what you can in most cases as opposed to what you like. Democratic politics is about compromise and consensus. Dubya is riding roughshod over the US and anyone else and then we get the bleatings of the Dung-eaters like The_Oleneo crying their eyes out the "no one loves us anymore".

Cheers

BHR

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
ECK,

I have not got as strong feelings against GB Sr as I do for his son.

Same here. The first President Bush was far more competent in that position. He needed no one to tell him what to do, as he was very capable in many ways. I admired him, too, for his service in WW2 (youngest fighter pilot in the Pacific at one time).

I know quite a bit about what they have both done in their lives and feel that GB Sr was actually an educated man who made choices based on reasoned consideration.

He was what they call a Realist. That is what I am, too.

His son is a moron. He is not competent to run 711 never mind the US.

No arguments, mate.

I have many friends in America on both sides of the political spectrum and yet none of them feel proud to be represented on the world stage by GWB.

I know a lot of people, and I can say only one or two of them that I know of support him. And guess what? They're Texans who listen to Rush Limbaugh and Fox "news."

I am aware that being President is about doing what you can in most cases as opposed to what you like.

True. I have no illusions regarding what presidents must do. They have to make choices often that would turn most men/women inside out.

Dubya is riding roughshod over the US and anyone else and then we get the bleatings of the Dung-eaters like The_Oleneo crying their eyes out the "no one loves us anymore".

Unfortunately, we have ourselves to blame for allowing this chicanery (theft of office, illegal war).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join