It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schiavo and Schindler???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
A couple of points:

1. Is this case setting a precedence that, if you are not happy with one court's ruling, you can go to another court to get a different ruling?

2. Is this Schindler family anywayt related to Oskar Schindler, dude who saved all the jews?? I cannot seem to understand, how/why they are breaking of all our current checks and balances. Laws are being rewritten right in front of our eyes.

Help me understand...

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
No, this case is setting a precident that if you find your mentaly retarded dependant to be inconveniant to your life, you're allowed to kill them. Just like with abortion. It's the new culture of death that America seems to be trying to adopt. If something's inconvenient, kill it.

The legal system in the US has multiple levels of courts. Every time they've been back in court, it has been with new evidence. That's old law, and good law. Were that not permitted, I could be convicted of murder one day, then the next a person confesses, and their DNA matches DNA discovered at the crime scene, but I am stuck in jail because you're not allowed to retry a case with new evidence.

Now, were I found innocent of murder and more evidence were discovered that proved I did it, they couldn't try me again.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The case of the Florida women is not unusual it happens in American once in a while, in which the people that are the guardians take the wishes of the person they are in the care off.

It has been court battlers before, and usually the family member in charge wins.

The reason of the Florida case to be so advertised is due to the minority fundamentalist extremist in this country that wants to take advantage of this particular case conveniently in the bush brother state, to push the agendas that they has been fighting for so long.

Its very sad and very tragic and is a mockery of the privacy of Americans in this country.

Anybody that value their constitutional rights to be respected should be angry at what certain groups are doing in Florida, they are cashing out on the pain and suffering of the Terri's ordeal and family matter.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
No, this case is setting a precident that if you find your mentaly retarded dependant to be inconveniant to your life, you're allowed to kill them. Just like with abortion. It's the new culture of death that America seems to be trying to adopt. If something's inconvenient, kill it.

Still whining?

I hear there are some support groups that can help you through the grieving process. There are various steps that will occur until you finally accept that your loved one is now gone. Oh yeah, you're spinning some silly little melodramatic yarn.

I mean, damn, how does feel to know that Christians helped elect enough Republicans to control every single part of the government, and yet, they get shafted and exploited every step of the way.

Look on the bright side, your rapture should be occuring any day now, so Jesus Jones can wisk you away to the great fairy tale land in the sky.

Y'all come back now, ya here?

join