It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You Germany & France...for the knife in the back!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
What we did in World War Two should not be forgotten. Those who forget history are bound to repeat it. And it's true.

Yes, many countries played an important part in winning that war, however, one of the more prominent WAS, in fact, the U.S.

Let us not forget history. Like it was stated, though, follow the money trail.

It is ALL economics.

-wD

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
World War 2 was nothing more then european's riding the jewish presence. American's army was nothing more then jewish backed army. It today is still serves jewish interests like fight's israel enemy's with european blood.

I'm not some anti-jewish person. But the cause of WW2 was jewish influence, over the media, bank's and germany couldn't stand it anymore. It's political strucute, finical structure that the germany's seen and hated.

American's are european blood, them killing german's for a jewish agenda, is treason to the european people.

Why do you think there is so many anti-semtism in europe and some man skin heads? Because the propaganda in europe doesn't exist in europe like it does in america hollywood, which is run by jews. Of course the american's are going to get the evil nazi's image. But it was never the jew's flaut for this.
It was all hilter.

We as people must look at this not one sided issue. You must look at the nazi party which mabe was extreme, but had point and this whole idea that the jews were inocent, mabe not, jews know what happen.

Come on how did germans end hating the jews? well there must of been a reason, which everyone knows, media control, banking and government control. This is what set off world war 2.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by TheTruth123]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
I have a 14 year old son who says the same thing. Last week Matthew had a few friends for a sleep-over. I overheard them late at night talking about killing communist Chinese soldiers, blowing away Islamic terrorists and cutting the balls off of OBL and his kind......and I almost got a tear in my eye.
Not from sorrow, but from joy!! There are still American Boys with a pair between their legs, who are not afraid of jacking up our enemies. I than went to sleep and slept well........knowing that as long as theres Americans boys like this, our future is safe.

If I use the rope in my hand, it will be to lasso and hog-tie you Stu. I liked what Omega said...we need more like him and less of your kind. He shows Guts and I like that. He reminds me of my 14 year old boy.

You jumped down his throat with your crazy statements about "China is no more communist that the UK" Thats so far outta line, Im not even sure how to respond to it.

You should hope that some of Omegas courage and strength rubs off on you......you could use it!!

So your son and his friends arrange a sleep over to discuss choppin chinese dudes balls, go shoot sum A-rabs, blow up a bakery and a childrens hospital in france, or whatever, and you sit there and get all wet thinkin about this stuff, encourage your kids ignorance, and go brag about it on the internet. Telling us there needs to be more folks like you and less people like us.
Im interested to hear your definition of actual strength, and I dont mean curling a dumbell, or bench pressing 300 lbs, but what it means to be a strong person. Also, who do you think was a great influential and spiritual leader (aside from jesus)

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
But there was a thing in Europe called the Holocaust.

Nazi Germany industrialised slaughter in a barabaric way that has never been repeated. Harvesting what resources they killed from those they slaughetered.

However this atrocity was not the reason for war. It was a consequence. The reason for war was to prevent the spread of people who thought in such a way as to allow such things to happen.

The US army didnt fight for the Jews, when requests were made to bomb Austwich they were denied, Allied High Command was aware of what was happening and didnt care.

In Germany anti semitism rose its ugly head again because it has always been one of Europes less pleasent traits to pick on the successful minorities.

[Uncle Joe please check your u2u inbox - JAK]

[edit on 7/4/05 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe

Just because England provided a landmass to stage an invasion from doesnt diminish the vast US effort. US supplies to the USSR masively outstrip Englands contributions. The US provided Russia with food, we provided crap tanks.

Firstly its the UK get that through you cranium..
Secondly it was our ships that sent the supplies that came via us...unless your planning to start sending ships across the atlantic, greenland sea, norwegian sea?
with out stopping BTW..

Not difficult to see who was more useful. The US could have won without England.

Yet again it was the UK not just england.

Not really...tell me how was the US going to mount an airborne attack from the atlantic?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Zordak9, don't ever put words into my mouth again.

Did I mention shooting kids at a childrens school? At a Bakery? Read my post closer before shooting your mouth off. Yeah, they did talk about killing Islamic terrorists and WTF is the big deal about that huh?

Their the bad guys remember??? Do I have to draw a PICTURE for you??

Its ok for everyone in the world to hate us, but if we express a little anger, well somethings wrong with us...Right? Your the one that gots it backwards...not me.

You mentioned Strength? I get mine from my family, friends and church.

Maximu§

Maximu§

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Define terrorist LA.....please I'd like to know how you define terrorism and terroists....

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The UK played a very important role in WWII. If the UK didn't win the Battle of Britian, most likely the pressure for the Nazis on the western (by invading the UK) and African front would have diminished. The Nazis could then focus their whole armed forces on the eastern front and perhaps conquered it all.

Then in the 60's of last century the whole Axis block would invade the USA, that was their original plans.

Blobber

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Blobber]

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Blobber]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I really felt like i wanted to post here but there is so much stuff that i don't know what to write about... but anyay...

I think its sad that people still feel the need to play up or play down a countries role in a war. There is little doubt that without the US the allies would have had a hard time defeating Nazi Germany, and anyone who claims otherwise should really have a read of some history books, but for the opinion to swing the other way and for an American to claim that Europe should be forever grateful for the help they gave is equally dillusional. The fact is that the Allies were a 'team', for want of a better word, and each member played a vitaly important role, the idea that one member would claim that it was all because of what they did that the 'team' won in the end is ludicrous. I just think its all very sad...

Maybe this is even more irrelevant than some of the other stuff that has been posted (relative to the topic that is) but i really feel like some people have forgotten what the real cost of war is, i.e. lives.

anyone that has seen the fields of graves in Belgium and Northern France and heard the Last Post played by the Menin Gate with 50,000 names engraved on it can only have been left numb by the thought that all these people died for what was (in both world wars) a perfectly avoidable reason.
Maybe its just me but i get the feeling that people forget that war is never a good thing.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Cmdr,

When I went on my honeymoon 2 years ago the wife and I spent a week in Normandy.

Whilst we were there we went to several of the cemeteries there.

I defy anyone to go their and not be moved by the experience.

What it meant to me is that we must find ways to prevent such horrors ever happening again.

One grave we visited was of my wifes Grandmothers boyfriend of the time.
He died aged 21 on June 9th 1944. Who knows how so many lives would have changed had that one young man been able to live out his life in full.

You then multiply that by every grave and name in every War Cemetery in every country.

There must be a better way of resolving conflicts.

My feeling is that there are too many people around today in positions of power who

A) Do not understand the costs of war
B) See war as a way to make themselves financially richer.

So to answer the thread point, are France and Germany wrong to sell weapons to China. Yes.

All weapons sales are wrong.

If those in the US want to complain then they need to stop too.

France and Germany are only doing what the US does 10 times more often.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by superdude

...So wait, you want them to be your female dogs because of an act you HELPED do in 1941 , if thats so shouldnt you be thier female dogs since they helped you in the revolutionary war?

Please tell me your joking. They (the French) weren't fighting for the US, they were fighting their enemy the British. The US WAS fighting for the rights of the French. Just a fact - deal with it. The French, and Chirac are not to be respected - period

That's true about the French fighting the British because they were enemies but it is also true about the Americans in WW2. Do you really think the US being attacked by the axis was not a reason for joining the war and do you think the US had nothing to gain from not letting the USSR swallow up most of western Europe? I think in both cases the countries in question were fighting their enemies and doing what was in their best interests. Or do you think not fighting the axis after they declare war on you or letting the USSR get western Europe were acceptable strategies for any capitalist democracy?

The one thing that is certain is the war was terrible for all involved, I still find the sheer number of lives lost difficult to comprehend. 17% of Poland's entire population was killed during the war, Germany lost 9% of it's population and the USSR lost 10%.

www.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 8-4-2005 by Trent]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Couldn't agree more BillHicksRules

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Cmdr,

I have to say that a trip to Normandy is a wonderful holiday.

The people are very friendly, the food is great and there are loads of places to visit and things to see.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Did you visit the somme memorial?
I havent been there but I hear it is really moveing...

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
DW,

The Somme is way over to the East of Paris in the Pas De Calais area.

We were in the Calvados region of Normandy to the east of Caen.

Where we were was just south of the Invasion Beaches.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I remember not very long ago driving from Calais to Paris and back one autumn across those huge open French plains. Trying to imagine what it might have been like during WW1 or 2 days I found it was very moving.

Several of my own family were killed in each war and several wounded, their lives (and in one case mind) ruined.
Several of my family endured the 'home front' working all hours - for years on end - in the war industry, women operating heavy machinery, suffering the bombings, the maimings and death at home and enduring husbands, fathers and brothers away for 6yrs+ and letters informing them of regret their loved ones were missing, dead or horrifically wounded.

I think before some here shoot their mouths off about European attitudes they really ougth to consider what deaths in their multi-million across an entire continent (for the umteenth time) will do to attitudes across that continent - not forgetting the involvement to some degree or another of almost every family within that continent......

....and count themselves damned lucky they are without anything like the experience.

The sad fact (and paradoxically good fact) is for all this bluster, heat and noise most Americans have no clue about any of this.

The US involvement in both WW1 and WW2 was too short and too small for it to have resonated across all of the entire continent.

Europe has been a good and loyal friend to the USA and to our supposedly shared values of a meaningful freedom.

I do find it amazing that, simply because parts of Europe dared to exercise that very freedom to disagree and assert their own point of view, some Americans now wish to trash Europe and Europeans in such a grotesquely childish and blanket manner.

How to lose friends and influence with people, huh?

[edit on 8-4-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Sminkey,

What I would say is that this Euro-bashing by the US is a relatively recent phenomenon.

I think that a change of leadership could lead to a change in the attitude back again.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Thankfully I think you are right BHR.

Although after such unchallenged 'free reign' - especially by those in supposedly reputable media outlets - I imagine it'll be a while til it turns around.

But all of this does serve to further establish and entrench the European (and indirectly I'd also say the global) antipathy and outright hostility to the 'US right'. Good job guys

(which on our side of the equation is such an unnecessay avoidable pity as, ultimately and very obviously, we do all need to work together for the best outcomes)

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
sminkeypinkey:

I do find it amazing that, simply because parts of Europe dared to exercise that very freedom to disagree and assert their own point of view, some Americans now wish to trash Europe and Europeans in such a grotesquely childish and blanket manner.

Best quote in the thread.

When you "help someone out", you don't hold it above their heads for 60 years.

Especially when, if anyone knew their WWII history, other countries suffered HORRIFIC losses, and it is a spit in the face to these nations when the US claims to have contributed so much. "We saved Europe" haha.

If it wasn't for the Eastern Front being constantly harried by the Soviets, if it wasn't for the siege of Stalingrad taking countless German troops to keep up, the Germans would have probably won the war with or without the Americans joining.

It's all there in the history books, just maybe not on your average Fox News WWII introspective.

jako

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
That was very well said and I couldn't agree more. The bottom line here is yes, Europe owes a debt of gratitude to everyone to came to their aid during the world wars. Canada lost plenty of good men in both.

But just because they owe a debt of gratitude does not mean that they should run off to a war that was, is and will always be wrong. You can spin it and justify it anyway you want, but the world, for the most part, knows that the invasion and ensuing war was the wrong thing to do.

It was all about greed - for money, oil and power that put young Americans and others in jeopardy there. Its a shame that the current administration, instead of being charged with war crimes, was rewarded with a second term in office.

I'll never understand it.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join