It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is Paying The Bill For Israeli Withdrawal?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Why... We Are! 500 million bucks is going to help foot the bill for the Israeli withdrawal from lands they shouldn't have been on in the first place. Why we are paying them to pull out of these areas is a question I think you should ask your local congressman or senator.

www.israelnn.com...
Israel Asks U.S. For Disengagement Money
06:22 Mar 25, '05 / 14 Adar 5765

(IsraelNN.com) Israel is preparing an appeal to the United States for more than $500 million to cover ballooning costs for disengagement. The money would not be used for compensating residents forced to leave their homes, officials said.

Failure to secure American aid would force a large cut in the 2006 budget, according to the Finance Ministry. Government officials revealed yesterday that the total cost of dismantling 25 Jewish communities and withdrawing soldiers has risen 40 per cent over the original estimate. The new figure is seven billion shekels ($1.6 billion).

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

as posted by Twitchy
Who Is Paying The Bill For Israeli Withdrawal?

This is not a matter of "lands they shouldn't have been on in the first place." Its about ending the cycle of violence that has wrecked this region. Its about peace.

Since this is largely a US initiative [the Peace process], seems prudent that we should assist in the process for peace.
Btw, the price for peace is and does not come cheap [anywhere], or did you think it was?

This nations [the US] has supported Israel since 'Day One', but if you and others do feel the need to contact your state senators and congressmen/women to ask "why", please do. Hope your either not looking for a return response or a very cordial meaningless response.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I tell you what twitchy I know exactly where 500 million dollars will be better used to help our own country here in our own soil.

But again all we get is cuts, 500 million will help a lot of children from going hungry at night in the US or to help pay for health insurance for them.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
And what about those children that continue to die in the ongoing cycle of violence in this region, Marg? If giving this money is aiding in the end of the cycle of violence and saving children in the mean time, your problem is what? Its not being spent where you or Twitchy prefer it to be spent?

You thinking more about yourself or about others?
Is this just an Israel bash issue or simply an objective argument?
Cause as I see it, money can always be spent better in other places, correct?

seekerof

[edit on 25-3-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Is this just an Israel bash issue or simply an objective argument?
Cause as I see it, money can always be spent better in other places, correct?
seekerof

[edit on 25-3-2005 by Seekerof]

Hum..............I am an American, so American children's well being comes first and then the rest of the world.

Do you have a problem with that? I though you were an "American"

So you prefer to take away from our country citizens needs to help others, you do that if you want to, but I believe my country is first and our politicians should know that we pay the taxes and is our tax payer money.

I am not an Israeli I am not a palestinian, I am an American and we have problems too.

Let's take care of our own children in our own soil first.

And if you have a touchy thing with Israel and palestine, I don't and that is not my problem is yours.

Kind of got me thinking now, how about Africa or the countries in south american, they are dying too, but your thing is with Israel.............got you.

Americans are first
Then israel and palestine and the rest of the world.

[edit on 25-3-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Let's take care of our own children in our own soil first.

Americas are first

I couldn't have said it better myself marg

We as Americans should be more concerned with getting our own house in order before rushing off to save everyone else.

We've got a crumbling infastructure, schools with out-dated materials, and homeless vets- each of these issues should have first crack at any TAXPAYER'S money that the government is handing out.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
What else is new? The US subsidizes everything Israel does.
Last I hear we spend more on aid and loan gurantees to Israel than we do on NASA. Not to mention they get more foreign aid from the US than every other nation on the planet combined.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
No only our tax payer money is handle out, but the government keep burrowing more so it can handle out more, and meanwhile our debt deficit is causing damage to our economy together with the trade deficit, and the low on the dollar. What the federal reserve to do? well our interest rates are going up, so we the American can be nail to the ground more than we already are.

I don't see any other country having mercy for our problems, or handling us any money to help us get off the deficit.

I don't see any fairness in here at all.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hey ya, lets end all US foreign aid packages while we are at it too, k? That money can be best spent at "home" too, right?

seekerof

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Why... We Are! 500 million bucks is going to help foot the bill for the Israeli withdrawal from lands they shouldn't have been on in the first place.

They have a right to occupy the lands of a defeated enemy. If ti requires US money to get them out and move peace ahead, so be it. 500 million is nothing compared to peace.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Hey ya, lets end all US foreign aid packages while we are at it too, k? That money can be best spent at "home" too, right?

seekerof

I am going to be fair here, even when the world is not, I don't see anything wrong with helping people, but only after our own is taken care off.

I am very worry about our economy, people are starting to feel antsy, worry, and they want to hold to anything they can.

Gas prices going on, believe or not things are not looking good with the regular American.

I am sorry if I reacted so strong, one of my husbands uncle is married to and israeli women and she is a wonderful lady.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I support Israel 100% I pay my taxes I dont care if we give all this money to Israel

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   

That really was uncalled for.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

That really was uncalled for.

Yes it was and you know what cargo, I do care about myself very much because if I don't work Seekerof and nobody around is going to feed me or pay my bills, so yes I am first the rest are second.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The billions we've given them should cover this move.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
DOn't complain!

Those 500 million is peanuts as oppsoed to let the conflict footdrag for another 50 years, so actually for once I wholeheartedly agree with usa being sugardaddy.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Hey cool, we payed for the Israeli withdrawal from Gaza in the name of Peace and all that jazz, now they are right back in Gaza killing and bulldozing again. I wonder if we will pay for the next withdrawal. We are already footing 30 million bucks to help rebuild Israel's destruction of Lebanon. What other messes are we paying for over there?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I bet theres lots of other things they get aside/above/beyond the aid money thats allotted that people don't even realize and have no idea about.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Why... We Are! 500 million bucks is going to help foot the bill for the Israeli withdrawal from lands they shouldn't have been on in the first place.

This is really sad,

Having seen the amount of sick, homeless, veterans, disabled....etc in DESPERATE NEED in the US why give $500 million to Israel they could care less about you ?

WHY DOES THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT TAKE BETTER CARE OF ISRAELI'S THEN US CITIZEN'S ?

[edit on 17-8-2006 by helium3]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Because they have a better lobby than we do.

Seriously, between AIPAC and the "Christian Zionist" whackjobs, Israel pretty much gets a blank check from the US every year.

It's amazing: a country smaller than NJ, with a population of only 7 million, something like 16th richest on the planet in per capita GDP, gets a whopping 30% of the total US foreign aid budget.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join