It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is James Randi conspiring against psychics? (from ATSNN)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Here's some interesting things about James Randi:

www.skepticalinvestigations.org...

--An ex-skeptic, atheist, and rationalist, revisits James Randi's 1980 book Flim-Flam! Psychics, ESP, Unicorns and other Delusions. Michael Prescott examines some of the claims made in that book with surprising results

---The James Randi Amazing 3 Conference, Las Vegas, January 2005 claimed to be all about Science. To Ted Dace, it was little about Science and a great deal about the growing cult of Dogmatic Skepticism.

These people call themselves skeptics however many of them are not skeptics at all, but dogmatists seeking to defend an ideology or world view.

Here's also another article about why Randi's challenge is useless:

[edit on 1-5-2005 by Centrixinal]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I havnt heard of this one.

Seems flawed though. What are the tests?? Not all people with psychic ability can perform on the spot. Furthermore, not all people have the same set or single ability. If the trials are for spoon bending for example but he's interviewing Medicine Men, its going to work in his favor obviously. He would be interviewing people who have incoming abilities and not those who are able to channel it outbound.

I need clarity, did you ( forgot who) say John Edwards admitted to cheating people or this guy offering the million??

How long has this been going on and why havnt we heard any pyschic detectives on this trial. I ask because I watch that show. You know the cops dont give 2 sh**s about a psychic because they need hard evidence but at the end of the show, the psychic, not evidence, not witnesses lead the authourities in the right direction.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join