It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House allots $37M for Wal-Mart street

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
BENTONVILLE, Ark. (AP) — The U.S. House has approved a federal highway bill that includes $37 million for widening and extending the Bentonville street that provides the main access to the headquarters of Wal-Mart Stores

The company says it asked U.S. Rep. John Boozman, R-Ark., to help get federal money for the project. U.S. Rep. Don Young, R-Alaska, added an amendment that put the work into the $284 billion bill, now before the Senate.

Wal-Mart spokesman Jay Allen says the company wants Eighth Street improved so workers will have an easier time getting to their jobs. In the time Wal-Mart's headquarters has been at the site, the company has grown at a much greater rate than the street has been improved. Wal-Mart, measured by sales, is the world's largest company.

The company says it asked U.S. Rep. John Boozman, R-Ark., to help get federal money for the project. U.S. Rep. Don Young, R-Alaska, added an amendment that put the work into the $284 billion bill, now before the Senate.

www.usatoday.com... t-street_x.htm

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Wow. I am at a loss for words. I wonder how much Walmart bribed the guy.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Why can't Wal-Mart just buy it themselves? Don't wanna tarnish their blackened image, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Thats just disgusting.

Corporate Welfare

Its amazing this kind of spending going on with our tax dollars and people wonder why we are in a huge defecit.

Ever wonder why the TV media does not point this out?

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If you are a politician you either name your price and chose the right corporation.

Or..........do what corporations are doing now, they chose a candidate get him into politics and then have him doing their biding from the white house itself.

top topics

join