It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nessie fossil found!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megalodon
Damn Seekerof, I was getting all excited about that video
! Just playing

Whoa, awesome picture by the way, cool stuff!

I'm working on that video clip Mega.....got like 130 sites to check out: (I do believe the footage was of a dead giant squid though).

www.mysteries-megasite.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Wow, I am surprised I haven't heard of that. You have a link or something?

There was a story recently on CNN about the latest one that washed up...(look for earlier threads in this forum). The video, I believe, is from the most recent body find. Only problem is, that the plesiosaur doesn't live deep enough to avoid detection, and would consume an awful amount of fish and vegetation. Also, it wouldn't make ecological sense that only one would exist, but moreso that a small pod would have to exist. This kind of grazing would be easy to see in the setting, and there is no evidence of this to my knowledge....

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Here's something to think about also...hehe

What you think?

regards
seekerof

one problem.

cephalopods dont have bones. if the squid is big enough to resemble a large "loch ness" type monter it would need bones to hold up a tentacle that big out of the water to resemble a neck and head.

and giant squids live DEEP in the ocean. they are pretty much solitary creatures.

try again.

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by ThePrankMonkey]

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
My morning paper said the fossil showed evidence of being from a saltwater environment, but the UT is biased, so I can't be sure. And yeah, it wouldn't likely wash up like that

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Yeah, and how could a squid ended up in a lake?

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Yeah, and how could a squid ended up in a lake?

Don't you know? Squid can crawl up on land using their tentacles and a water supply. They can crawl for hours.

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by Megalodon]

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
hehehe, guys...

I just posted that pic for thought. Not to claim that "Nessie" was a squid.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I know Seekerof, I followed you

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
So, Loch ness is a sea version of Big Foot. About my age, let's just say I'm a sophmore in high school.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
There is no monster in Loch Ness. If there was, it would, quite simply, be seen more often. The creature would need to come to the surface for air, perhaps as often as ever 15 minutes, as in the cold waters of Loch Ness, it would need to move to keep warm. The more the creature moved, the more it would need oxygen. However, sightings are not recorded very often.

Furthermore, considering how long people have allegedly been seeing the monster for, there would have to be a large population of monsters. Otherwise, there would have been no monster in the first place, and for the sake of argument, any monster which existed at one time would have died after a while.

If there was a large enough number of monsters in the Loch to sustain a population, there would be one or more coming up for air all the time, and sightings would be far more frequent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join