It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bush Agrees to Sell F-16s to Pakistan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Eagle
These Falcons were originally sold to Pakistan during the 1980's, but were never delivered. Can't find the story but the administration is supposedly just following through on the previous sale now that whatever sanctions existed at the time have been dropped.

Yes, but from what i've heard.

It seems they are going to sell Block-50 F-16's or at least not the dodgy ones 20 years ago. This is going to be the new versions of the F-16.

There is a huge difference.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28

This is going to be the new versions of the F-16.

Or possibly even the more advanced F-18 Hornet.

SOURCE

After its F-16 offer to Pakistan, Washington tried to sweeten the pill for the Indians, who have fought three wars with their South Asian neighbor, signaling its willingness to sell the planes to India too, along with the more advanced F-18 Hornet.

It also said it would consider providing technology for New Delhi's civilian nuclear program, a sign that Washington is willing to look beyond Pakistan to develop long-term strategic ties with an economically robust and militarily strong India.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Yep, though i was referring to Pakistan in my previous post.

But you are right, it appears the U.S is going to sell Super Hornets to India. I kinda of see this as a difficult choice for India. I mean the Superhornet is the best going around at the moment but buying it and the F-16's, the Indians might have to cut they own LCA and MCA.

It might come down to whether or not India wants to become self-sufficient.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join