It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Producing sound or going insaine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This happened a few nights ago. I was trying to fall asleep but it wasnt working, then i started to think. What if it was possible to produce sounds with your mind and not your vocal cords. I thought about it for a little while and i got bored with it. I soon started to nod off. About 10 or 15 minutes later i rolled over and thought of the word "hey", then all of a sudden like instaneously i clearly heard the word "hey" as if someone said it right directly in my ear! I was in shock! I sat up in my bed and was about to say something in the effects off "what the (yea) when i heard a gargle of something, like someone was going to say something but choked! It was the same as before, like someone said it directly into my ear. I'm not sure if i was imagining such a thing or i actually produced sound. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else or i'm just loosing it.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Were you stoned??????

You dont need to answer that...

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
no, i remember being very very tired.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Yeah, from time to time I have similar experiences. Lying in bed as night I quite often compose strange music in my mind, its fun!!! I love music. Sometimes, even if I am wide awake and doing something, I hear a word (usually a womans voice saying my name as if trying to get me to pay attention like the female voice they have in a plane that tells you that your about to slam into a hillside) but I know that it isn't 'real' sound. These are seperate issues and I am afraid I have no explanations. Maybe you have heard of clairaudience. You might like to look it up and see if anything you read about it matches what you are experiencing.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
if i lay down in a dark room and clear my mind as if for meditation, i can hear voices talking about things i cant understand. like snippets of random conversation that dont make sense. for all effects and purposes it "sounds" like these voices are in the room, and im actually "hearing" them. but i can tell that there is no real stimulus coming into my ears. the easiest way for me to do this is to concentrate on the "ring" you hear, tinnitus whatever, when you are in a very quiet place, and then literally listen for them to speak. its a weird experience

new topics

top topics

join