It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the dragons ???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555

Originally posted by sammie_doodle
I am currently studying A-Level Geology, and so do not believe the theory of a hollow Earth. If it were hollow, the liquid outer core would just go into the space, as liquids flow to fill the area they are contained in. It is due to pressure that the outer core is liquid, and even more pressure means that the inner core is solid. So no room for dragons.

You need TO GO STUDY GRAVITY !!!!!!!!!!! Hense the reason we don't all float away /.

Why does gravity mean that there could be a hollow Earth? You may have misread me, I didn't say the core of the planet would go into space, but that it would fill an empty space within it. As liquids do.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I get what you are saying ... But the gravitational pull of the earth if it was Hollow. Would create an additional Gravitational Pull inward ... Have you ever been on a marry go round it it Excellent when you are in the center but when you get on the outside you experience more "Gravitational Pull" .. if you will ... lol .. =-)

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I thoght a guy named "Don" cleared this one up, Windmills wasnt it?

We cant dive to the bottom of the sea yet, because casio haven invented a watch that can withstand that much pressure, and whod want to go down that far with no watch to tell you when the time is " beer o'clock".

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well youve gotta admit going to the bootom of the ocean and getting crushed isn't much fun if u cant time how long it takes for your brain to explode.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
HAS NOONE EVER BEEN TO THE LOWEST POINT IN THE OCEAN ??? Can someone help me out with some information about the vents on the bottom floor of the ocean and if anyone has ever tried and EXPLORE it ?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

HAS NOONE EVER BEEN TO THE LOWEST POINT IN THE OCEAN ??? Can someone help me out with some information about the vents on the bottom floor of the ocean and if anyone has ever tried and EXPLORE it ?

Robots have explored some of the lowest points in the ocean. There's life forms around deep ocean vents.

No dragons. No hollow world.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Robots have explored some of the lowest points in the ocean. There's life forms around deep ocean vents.

No dragons. No hollow world.

Hmm ... They have went through the vents and seen where they lead or what produces the heat that comes through those holes or what ? Show me where they have been surely they have taken pictures or recordings ??? Anyone have any information on this ... Any information on this at all would be very intersting.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
There are organisms which live very near to vents (also called Smokers), which are called extremophiles, due to their amazing ability to withstand such extreme conditions. More speciaficaaly, the ones which live at the vents are called thermophiles.

It would be brilliant to be able to study a live one, but unfortunately we can't for a number of reasons:

1. Temperatures of around 300 degrees Celcius (Highest ever recorded was 403.C). Their enzymes would stop working as soon as you took them out of their environment as the temperature in the sea is a lot lower than at vents.
2. Tremendous pressure - 300 atmospheres
3. Chemicals - hydrogen sulfide, the source of energy that fuels vent food webs and the most plentiful compound in vent emissions, is toxic to most living things.
4. pH - vent fluid is very acidic with a pH as low as 2.8, which is very unhealthy for most living things.

To keep the conditions that these thermophiles require to survive would be a very difficult task, not to mention picking them off the vents in the first place!

Here (hopefully) is an image of 'Methanococcus jannaschii', which was isolated near a smoker 2,600 meters deep in the Pacific Ocean.

Hope I somewhat educated someone, I don't like to think my knowledge and research is for nothing!!

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Gee, I duuno, maybe THEY'RE ALL DEAD!?!
lol I couln't resist in saying that but anyway this is what I think. First of all, forget the idea that the dragons live in the core because the core is hotter than the sun's surface. Also, I think that the dragons lived during the time of the dinosaurs. After the asteroid hit, they started living in the oceans/lakes and their wings were used as flippers while the tail was used as a rudder. These dragons evolved into sea serpents that might still exist since past-time sailors claim to have seen them. After the land was safe again, the dragons came out of the water and evolved back into a stage similar to their past one. Thats when humans came along and started slaying them for being so called "creatures of hell". Eventualy they became extinct........or did they?...........
Also, I seen the Animal Planet special and thats what helped me come to this theory. If dragons still exsist, then they live in large bodies of water and/or in icy mountains, away from humans.

[edit on 707/8/0505 by Acekwak]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Robots have explored some of the lowest points in the ocean

Um no offense but however deep we have gone, thats not even scratching the surface

And this is how the crust works, even at the bottom of the ocean there is crust. Under the crust there is "mantle", or if you beleive otherwise, the "inner earth"

[edit on 8-7-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well dragons would have died with the dinnos they may be sea serpents but for land living/flying ones I think that my t-rex/Pterasair theory applies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join