It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the dragons ???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sugarlump
Although dragons are an interesting concept, and the hollow earth theory would make life more exciting and interesting I have a hard time believing they are true. The two legends pervasiveness in almost all cultures however makes me wonder if there is not some substance to the legends.

If we look hard enough we usually find there is an element of truth attached to most myths and legends. Far stranger things happen and have happened than we know. There is a lot of information around on hollow earth that would make you question if nothing else - I keep an open mind.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gear

OFF TOPIC
Hey, Moonbeam, where abouts from SA are you from? I lived in East London for about the first 13 years of my life.

[edit on 25-01-2004 by Gear]

Guateng Pretoria, nice to meet another SA on this sight

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Firstly, I believe that dragons existed, and possibly do exist somewhere else today, but, the notion that they live in the Earths core is ludicrous (no offense), there is no way an organism could survive for the briefest time let alone live in such extreme temperatures and pressure.
And besides even if they did, at the rate a normal species procreates, there would'nt be enough space, also how would they move, if they moved by digging, we'd see a great amount more seismic activity.

Now on to the topic of fire breathing, just because they breath fire doesnt mean they neccesarily live in it, the theory that I choose to subscribe to is that they produce a chemical, that when mixed with Oxygen, ignites, and their focusing their breath in a straight forward direction, causes the fire to go forward.

Also, no biological component could ever come close to being invincible.

[edit on 3/28/2005 by iori_komei]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
.....but, the notion that they live in the Earths core is ludicrous (no offense), there is no way an organism could survive for the briefest time let alone live in such extreme temperatures and pressure.

I am not so sure. This is worth reading for what it is worth. Might just make you question. It did me.

"The Hollow Earth" by Dr. R.W. Bernard

[edit on 28/3/2005 by Lady of the Lake]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

Now on to the topic of fire breathing, just because they breath fire doesnt mean they neccesarily live in it, the theory that I choose to subscribe to is that they produce a chemical, that when mixed with Oxygen, ignites, and their focusing their breath in a straight forward direction, causes the fire to go forward.

Also, no biological component could ever come close to being invincible.

[edit on 3/28/2005 by iori_komei]

I dont know if you saw the animal channel show Dragons but I bet you would find it interesting.Heres the site so you can find the next time its on TV.

animal.discovery.com...

The way Dragon fire worked in the show is that dragons had bacteria in their intestines like most animals that produce a gas. But what was different was that they produced hydrogen. Unlike other animals this gas is not wasted in dragons and is stored in flight bladders that help the dragon with its flight since hydrogen is much lighter then air. The dragons had special teeth to grind platnium that they ate which ignites when in contact with hydrogen. Backdraft of the flame was prevented with the use of a false palet like those found in crocidiles. Fire breath was a weapon of last resource as it was a valuable resource.

[edit on 28-3-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
These inquiries are very very very intersting ... In fact, I knew that everyone was intersted in other races. Hense, the reason for aliens and UFO's and other odd memoranda that would have us to believe there is life off of this planet. But, the funny thing is people believe in things that we have never seen. Look at the pictures in hostoric caves, and enscriptions. What if dragons were the size of a dog and hunted in packs and sould only breathe an amount of fire to maybe start a candle wick on fire. But what if they were the size of a big dog ??? What if there were not that many of them but they don't reproduce ? What if they do reproduce but the breeding process takes time and takes the eggs 300 thousand years to reproduce ?? And the eggs have to be layed somewhere extremly hot like lets say the earths core, or the eggs adapt to any environment that they are placed in .. Hence the reason that the beasts eggs are placed there???

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
You missed a great special on the Animal Planet channel a few days back, you should try and find it...

yeah...

all the dragons are...

on tv

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
here is my thread on the "dragons" tv show:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

You missed a great special on the Animal Planet channel a few days back, you should try and find it...

I seen it, when I first started watching I was wondering if it was for real, I didnt see the begining so I didnt know what the title was. I was super good. They had to eat then throw up there food to be able to fly.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I have not even seen the special on dragons ... OH yeah ... sorry about earlier ... I was having to type really fast and not proof any of it .. but anyhow ... La La La ...

Theory question .. Please all of you theorist help me with this one ...

If you put alchohol on a table that is burn resistant and the alchohol only burns at lets say 120 degrees farenhiet ... if there is an endless amount of alcholhol within the table ... would the table ever get hotter than the fire that will be surrounding it ?I don't think it will never get above 120 degrees, right ???

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
And you guys said we can't even feel them digging ??? What are you talking about LoL .. Sorry .. had to throw that one out there.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bet555

Originally posted by contraa

Multiple reasons. For one it would theoretically get too hot. As you approach a core that is believed to be molten rock, it would get pretty toasty. Would play hell on any person or machinery that got close. Also just the sheer idea of digging so far would be difficult. You can't simply drill down. Whenever you make a hole, the matter that you replace (read this as big heavy rock) has to go somewhere. Assuming you don't want to plug the hole behind you, it would need to be transported back to the surface which abviously gets harder and harder as you go down.

As for the speculation of whether dragons could live in the core of the Earth...Assuming the core of the Earth is actually molten, which is not a very big leap of faith, then from what we know of biology, no, dragons could not live there. Organic life would not be able to exist at those extreme temperatures. Please no one respond by citing thermophylic bacteria on the volcanic ocean vents. These vents are nothing close to the temperature of being submersed in magma and a bacteria is no where near a dragon anyway.

Is it so far outside the box to think that there was once something that lived on this earth that was a type of skin that could withstand heat. I mean come on guys all througout history people have written about them breathing FIRE. BREATHING FIRE ... Let me say that one more time these things CAN BREATHE FIRE. Do you think that being IN FIRE IS ANY Difference ???? Personally I know if I could breathe water out of my mouth I promise I would never DROWN .... Just a thought ...

Yes, but what about a creature being able to produce a gas, that upon exposure to the air, caused combustion. Just a thought, lol. That way they wouldn't actually be breathing fire, but spewing forth a special gas as a means of protection, while still breathing regular air, as we do, for basic survival.
Or perhaps a form of non-terran life could breathe fire, not existing bilogically as we do.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is very very very very intersting ... because if the dragons were to breathe and the oygen create combustion. This still does nothing with the way that they survived living within the earths crust. Maybe they are swimmers ???? Maybe they are the only dinosaur that was actually created or maybe only a few of them EVOLVED to be dragons ... which could actually be in both environments water and Land. But, what do they use to breathe gills, lungs, do they breathe oxygen ?? This earth used to be covered by Plants I mean absolutely COVERED.

What if the dinosaurs didn't breathe oxygen what if they breathe carbon monoxide ???

As the plants disappeared the next form of life took over that do not have to have carbon monoxide.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well, there is the bombadier beetle to consider. If we didn't know they existed, and I told you there was a beetle that could jet boiling liguid out it's rear, you'd think I was crazy, hehe...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Well, there is the bombadier beetle to consider. If we didn't know they existed, and I told you there was a beetle that could jet boiling liguid out it's rear, you'd think I was crazy, hehe...

Go ahead Gazrok ... I am listening ..

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I was looking for some kind of element in any animal besides the Beetle that has an inhibitor that allows for combustible elements to be mixed together and not explode or cause a reaction. And I could not find very much if there was such a weapon out there we probably wouldn't know about it anyways ... but I did find out that all the cultures that used to think that Dragons existed or stil do, also believe that they control the Rain .... or Water Elements. What would you do if you did not know that the world was round and thought that it was flat and these things that you can barely see with the naked eye and if you did see it it was when you were running. It was probably going the other direction after cattle and pigs that they were hungry for. They breathe fire ... but come from the ocean ... wouldn't that kinda throw you off ????

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555They breathe fire ... but come from the ocean ... wouldn't that kinda throw you off ????

Yeah, that would.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

no, that was it... the bombadier beetle is a beetle that jets boiling hot liquid out of it's rear...

[edit on 28-3-2005 by Greyhaven7]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greyhaven7

no, that was it... the bombadier beetle is a beetle that jets boiling hot liquid out of it's rear...

[edit on 28-3-2005 by Greyhaven7]

I was looking ... at some materials that are fire retardent. These materials will melt away at a certain degree temperature. OF Course. But, there are some materials that we have not found a melting point on. Such as certain plutoniums. Anyhow .......

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If the earth was hollow even SOMEWHAT hollow being that it is an extremely large Earth. There would be enough room for at least one civilization ....

www.unmuseum.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join