It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope is 'serenely giving himself to the will of God' (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
According to a senior Vatican cardinal, the Pope is ready to die and has given himsefl to "the will of God". This news comes after a particularly rough week for the Pope, who has missed both Holy Thursday and Good Friday services. There are no immediate plans for the Pope to return to hospital care.

www.timesonline.co.uk
THE POPE is “serenely abandoning” himself to God’s will, according to a senior Vatican cardinal. Cardinal Giovanni Battista Re, the head of the Congregation of Bishops, made his comments during a sermon at a Maundy Thursday Chrism Mass at St Peter’s, in Rome, where he was standing in for the ailing Pope John Paul II.

Senior Roman Catholic sources in London emphasised last night that the comments referred to the Pope’s spiritual rather than physical health, but acknowledged that his health was deteriorating.

The Cardinal’s comments came at the end of a week where the Pope’s health has worsened further, with reports by Italian news agencies that he has been vomiting, suffering strong headaches and not responding to medication.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The Pope is expected to hold Easter Sunday service, providing his health is stable enough.

Related News Links:
www.presstelegram.com
abcnews.go.com
www.bloomberg.com

[edit on 25-3-2005 by negativenihil]

[edit on 25-3-2005 by negativenihil]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
So, the Pope is going to give up his position?

P.S. Every word in your title has to be capitalized (words like 'the' 'is' 'to' 'of' don't have to be). Also, you spelled 'himself' wrong and you might want to add a couple more sentences to the last section. Just some of your thoughts about the story.

Edit: Nevermind, too late.

[edit on 3/25/05 by poonchang]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by poonchang
So, the Pope is going to give up his position?

I believe this means that he expects to die soon and will give up his position only the time of his death.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
.I know he is old...very old, but even so it makes me sad. After he is gone I believe there will be a pope that will not live long after he is given the title.'pope', then there is only 1 spot left for the last pope .who will be black.

I hope he is not suffering...........

[edit on 29-3-2005 by angeleyes101]

top topics

join