It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

? about astral projecting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Ok, I have always had very lucid dreams. Starting when I was very young, it didnt take much for me to notice that most of them came true or had meaning. For the past few years some of my dreams started changing. I would visit different places, usualy it was at night time unless it was in a different part of the world or something. Now, my husband studied astral projecting or what ever it is called in school. Did a couple of papers and experiments that terrified him yada yada yada. Anyway, after having these odd dreams for a few years I talked to him about them. He turned pale and said that I was astral (astro ? ) projecting.

Now, I have no controll over this. It is like my spirit just says "k, im outa here, see you in the morning". After I talked to my husband about it , I dreamed (?) that I tried to take him with me but he didnt want to go, so went by myself again. I used to just go have fun. Sometimes I would go to this town and check out the strip (what ever was still open). Other times I would visit other places that Im sure exist, just never been there. Sometimes I would even find people I could talk to, and we would hang out in a weird kind of way and fly to other places. THere was even a time I checked out this lake resort, and went into the little store they had there (it was early morning it was not opened yet). This lady came to open it up for the day and she thought I was a ghost. But now, it seems more like Im on a mission of some kind. Like last night I remember bits and pieces of where I went, and know that I was trying to accomplish something, just cant remember the important parts. It was just like the others but this time there was reason. I know that it is me, but sometimes it feels like my spirit has another life.

I dont know much about this astral projecting thing so if there is anyone out there who can shed some light on this I would appreciate it. It just feels real odd sometimes knowing that my spirit took off with out me. It is almost scary because I have no controll over it. I kind of feel left out. I know that sounds silly, but its true.

[edit on 25-3-2005 by mrsdudara]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Sounds cool. I hope you are having lots of fun there!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesBlonde
Sounds cool. I hope you are having lots of fun there!!!

Most of the time it is a lot of fun!!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Wait, i dont get exactly whats happening. Are you dreaming all of this or are you actually leaving your body and having these experiences? Like do you feel yourself "floating" out of your body?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morbid_One
Wait, i dont get exactly whats happening.

trust me I wish I knew exactly whats happening.

Are you dreaming all of this or are you actually leaving your body and having these experiences? Like do you feel yourself "floating" out of your body?

Not so much out of my body, but I do feel myself floating everywhere else.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Out of body experiences deals more with actually leaving your body. You can "see" your physical body but your moving with your astral body. I heard that when we sleep, another part of our mind has "jobs" of their own. There have been cases were people would "wake up" in their dreams and see themselves working or doing something out of the ordinary. Mabey your job is too find someone or some bit of information. Goodluck with the mission

You said your husband had some bad experiences? Out of the body? If you and him dont mind, do tell what the've been about because usually astral projection isnt dangerous and bad, but uplifting and spiritual.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Out of body experiences deals more with actually leaving your body. You can "see" your physical body but your moving with your astral body. I heard that when we sleep, another part of our mind has "jobs" of their own. There have been cases were people would "wake up" in their dreams and see themselves working or doing something out of the ordinary. Mabey your job is too find someone or some bit of information. Goodluck with the mission

You said your husband had some bad experiences? Out of the body? If you and him dont mind, do tell what the've been about because usually astral projection isnt dangerous and bad, but uplifting and spiritual.

Im not sure that is was really bad. He did not know if he could find his way back, and was scared he would run into evil. It scared him more than anything. The fact that it actually happened shocked him as well.

With me, I never look at my body. It is like my spirit sneeks off. I know that I am leaving and comming back, but personaly if I knew it was going to happen, I would stop it. Its not that it is not uplifting, because it is. I just dont think I trust myself to run free like that with out second guessing everything I do. When it happens I am truely free. I kind of feel silly saying this but Im a Gemini. As much as I dont get into that whole astrology thing, it is true. I have two different sides to me. One is a responsible, level headed mom and the other side is a totaly free spirit. Since I became a mom I have put a lid on my free side. It has not been easy, but I make sure that, that side of me is put away. It usualy leads me to trouble.....not intentionally. I know that side of me well and that's the part of me that breaks free and goes out and has a good ol time (its kind of like sneeking out of the house hehe)

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The nature of Astral projection seems to differ between individuals and can change each occaision. Some see themselves as an entity in the experience whereas others are omnipotent bt without form. I have read of some people seeing themselves as a silver ball even. Some people even report to have done thi from a consciouss state. As to missions, the projector may be accompanied by what some call a 'spirit guide'. I have also read that the spirit guide will often set tasks for the projector to teach them or alert them.

The initial experiences of Astral projection can be quite frightening and disorienting since it is generally accepted that to enter the 'astral plane' a projector must face their greatest fear manifest. This could explain why the gentleman in question could have had such an unnerving experience. I would recommend that persons attempting this practise become adept in meditation before doing so as this will be of great benefit to them.

Happy hunting

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

[
As to missions, the projector may be accompanied by what some call a 'spirit guide'. I have also read that the spirit guide will often set tasks for the projector to teach them or alert them.

OMG that would explain a lot! I have had a spirit guide since I was a child who has come to me in several dreams.

The initial experiences of Astral projection can be quite frightening and disorienting since it is generally accepted that to enter the 'astral plane' a projector must face their greatest fear manifest. This could explain why the gentleman in question could have had such an unnerving experience. I would recommend that persons attempting this practise become adept in meditation before doing so as this will be of great benefit to them.

Happy hunting

Maybe that is why I had all those bad dreams of the shadow man when I was a teenager..... I knew I wasnt asleep!

THanks for your input!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Yea it is scary sometimes. I remember one of my first OBE's, thoughts were running into my head like "what if there are demons" or "can i be hurt??". Thoughts like these can ruin the whole thing. But if you hold together your beleifs and tell yourself that if their was danger, you'll be brought back to your body and that evil cannont hurt you while your gone than you'll be better off. I usually "let-go" and have very good uplifting experiences. I heard of spirit guides but unfortunetly i have never met or heard any of mine.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I have been doing it again lately. A few of them I can barely remember but when I woke up my hands were in such a fist that I had a hard time moving my fingers for a few weeks. Last night was too much for me though. There are these people I "hook up" with and we check things out together. Last night though I lost it. We watched a tornado. Everything was fine untill it was over then I freaked out and was worried about my baby girl. I got all confused about where I was. I was screaming because I thought I lost my baby, but I didnt know why I was upset because my baby was not there obviously. Anyway, the people I was with said "we've got to get her back" meaning get me back, then I remember them helping me home and I woke up. A big part of me wishes I could stop myself from doing this, but if I go too long with out leaving, I get edgy and feel confined. I guess I wish I just had controll over it. Any one have any ideas on how to controll it?

[edit on 2-8-2005 by mrsdudara]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

it's a big read but a lot of things are explained in there

top topics

join