It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic school suspends teachers over student's hate-filled tale

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   

"Two teachers at the Abraar Islamic school in Ottawa were suspended yesterday pending an investigation into the encouragement or incitement of hatred against Jews expressed in a young student's violence-laden writing project.

Principal Aisha Sherazi said the seven-member school board and administration were "shocked" by teacher involvement in the project that was brought to her attention by the Citizen yesterday morning, and decided at an emergency meeting to suspend the instructors.

One teacher was apparently involved in the artistic production of the eight-page story of killing and martyrdom. Handwritten in Arabic and titled The Long Road, the cover page was illustrated by a drawing of a burning Star of David beside a machine-gun and Palestinian flag atop the Dome of the Rock, an ancient Muslim shrine in Jerusalem."

www.canada.com...

It will be interesting to see what really happens to these teachers under canadian law. Based on past lapses in enforcment they will probably be let go.

[edit on 25-3-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Really sad....Although I'm not Jewish, nor am I Canadian this is unacceptable for any teacher to teach hatred towards any group ..religious or otherwise. Just another fine example of how Islam teaches hatred to their young. They do this in their Islamic homelands.....Why should we expect them to not teach hate just because they've immigrated to another country???

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Why dont people get it? We spend so much time trying not to offend anyone, but these people dont care!! They deserve nothing ! While we make a place for these kids to pray to Allah everyday in school or work, they are allowed to spew this crap. Pack them and the kids up and send them back to that pit they came from. If its not good enought for them, then GO BACK HOME !!!

Or how about this.. How dare you desicrate my homeland by putting your filthy military on its grounds? Jihad on them!! Oh wait..we cant do that...we dont want to hurt anyones feelings...BS!!

I am so sick and tired of these scums getting away with this crap. I cant wait untill all see them for what they truely are. That whole region needs a nice nuke.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I live in Ottawa, and for the past little over a week there has been a HUGE fuss about this on local news stations.
But it seems as if the child who wrote this will get a more severe punishment than the teachers, or whoever taught them this kind of hatred will.

But my question is, how is the child at all to blame? Besides for actually putting it down on paper.
Children at that age, really, do not think for themselves, their ability to reason and decifer right from wrong is still developing.

I believe they were merely reciting a story they once heard elsewere.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Its put inside their head from day one, thats why. The teachers are just as guilty. Its their whole lifestyle. No different than little gang bangers down here. Just muslim gang-bangers. If they want to escape where they are, fine. No problems here...But you better assimilate into our society. Leave your holy wars at the door. Scum..all of em

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
Its put inside their head from day one, thats why. The teachers are just as guilty. Its their whole lifestyle. No different than little gang bangers down here. Just muslim gang-bangers. If they want to escape where they are, fine. No problems here...But you better assimilate into our society. Leave your holy wars at the door. Scum..all of em

Here is a thread that was made a few days ago...

It has alot of what you are saying only it goes in depth

pretty interesting

Here it is

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
Why dont people get it? We spend so much time trying not to offend anyone, but these people dont care!! They deserve nothing ! While we make a place for these kids to pray to Allah everyday in school or work, they are allowed to spew this crap. Pack them and the kids up and send them back to that pit they came from. If its not good enought for them, then GO BACK HOME !!!

Or how about this.. How dare you desicrate my homeland by putting your filthy military on its grounds? Jihad on them!! Oh wait..we cant do that...we dont want to hurt anyones feelings...BS!!

I am so sick and tired of these scums getting away with this crap. I cant wait untill all see them for what they truely are. That whole region needs a nice nuke.

That really is disgusting.
How can they be expected not to hate, when they face that kind of discrimination every single day of their lives.
They can't even go back to their land without recieving it from the military troops that are there, indirectly implying they are trash by forced them to change their ideals and way of life at gun point.

Those you say to "send back home" will in turn be the next suicide bombers you hear about igniting at the doors of the American Embassy, or maybe even the next hijackers attempting to rid of political figures by flying an airplain into the pentagon.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hey pal..Sept 10th..i didnt care what or who you were..Sept. 12th, its a whole new world. I don disriminate..You want to be here, fine. You want to pray to whomever..fine..You want to propagate crap like that pic and teach the kids that country they fled to is evil and should be destroyed? GO BACK HOME!!!

Instead of teaching them cute little pictures to draw, why not teach them to read and write english? Or will Islam become our next official language?

[edit on 28-3-2005 by spliff4020]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I think they should be forced to eat Canadian beef!! Naw, that would be cruel..(relax, just a joke)

Seriously thouh, not just Canada, but this sort of stuff is going on EVERYWHERE. Our young only know what we teach them, hate for one thing or another isnt genetic, its tought. Its a crying shame, I hope these guys get thier due.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hey, you know what? Its because of these self-rightous, hate-filled, sniviling cry babies, that we havent landed a man on mars yet. If our resources were allowed to be allocated in a civilized means, we would probably be there by now. But no. We have to squash this jihad or that jihad. They contribute NOTHING to modern society at all. They are parasitic leaches. Hopefully genetics will have its way with them and disease and famine will wipe out the rest. And we can get back to MODERN DAY LIFE.

[edit on 28-3-2005 by spliff4020]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Think about this:

The Abraar school, established in 2000, teaches students full time from junior kindergarten up to Grade 8. About 260 students are enrolled at the school, which is located on Grenon Avenue, near Bayshore. The school web page says it is designed to provide "a proper Islamic environment for growing and learning" and to help preserve Islamic culture in Ottawa.

It is their cultural heritage... their sociological right to do this.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well, Chuck, whats our right? Cuz my hertiage says, "if it aint white, it aint right". But see, Ive out grown that. I dont impose my views or the views I was raised on, to anyone. Ill stick with my opinion. Leeches and parasites. Not enought attention paid to them when they were babes.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Spliff, you may already read this but hear it is again...it was recently in a thread.

Pilots point of view

I wouldnt go as far as being scared all the time (like paranoia) but I agree

[edit on 28/3/05 by Risky_Bizness]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Risky_Bizness
Spliff, you may already read this but hear it is again...it was recently in a thread.

Pilots point of view

I wouldnt go as far as being scared all the time (like paranoia) but I agree

Thats a good read and it pretty much sums up how I feel. Something else to note..STILL waiting on a public apology from the Muslim leaders for the loss of innocent civilian lives. Not one word. Ohh but if we infringe at all on them,,look out..

Good read. More of you shoudl check it out. It should be translated into Arabic and dropped from planes all over Iraq.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If that happened in the States the teachers would cry "freedom of speech"
And the Islam community would anwer the call. The teachers would walk on the grounds that it is thier "right"

Now, reverse the rolls....if it was a "christian" or some other person with non_muslim beliefs he/se would burn at the stake, loss thier job, get sued in civil court for all the emotional damage that she inflected upon the class.

Im not pro violence at all but WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!

Ive been to the middle east, Quater to Dubai to Turkey and back again and I dont care what some of YOU say.....we Americans (aka christians in their eyes) get shat on!!!.....I don't complain...thats the way it is, I conform to thier culture and way of life (to an extent)..they should do the same here...

Muslims in the US get pampered compared to the way Americans (Christians) get treated over there...I know I know, before someone says it Ill spit it out....freedom of religion...BS!!! Im all for that, but dont take from one religion and give to another:

example....christians can no longer pray in school
but muslims get thier carpet time during school,,think about it

I have so much more to write, but Im going to save it for a my first thread that I will post today....

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Islam is incompatiable with western world.

Just walking past a beach or walking past a western women. Offend's the muslims. They are not covered up for allah.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruth123

Just walking past a beach or walking past a western women. Offend's the muslims. They are not covered up for allah.

not true

i get along with everyone i work with and joke around with them
and i am a muslim

dont like the way you emply all muslims are strict

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Originally posted by TheTruth123

not true

i get along with everyone i work with and joke around with them
and i am a muslim

dont like the way you emply all muslims are strict

There are many muslims that I have met in the US and abroad, many I still maintain regular contact with.....We always debate about this.

I do not mean "every" Muslim out there, I talk about Islam, Muslims as a whole...in some cases it's not what they are doing, but what they are not doing.

When American service women go there for peace time exercises in the middle east, they have to cover thier faces and arms most of the time....
Why? they are not Muslim!!!

Again, I post this link

Link here

I do not agree to the extreme as the author of it, but I understand his point.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Risky_Bizness
Im not pro violence at all but WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!

example....christians can no longer pray in school
but muslims get thier carpet time during school,,think about it

That is my whole beef with the situation. Its insane to me how some people find it necessary to strip their own neighbor of all the rights we have and then pamper people who contribute, as a whole, nothing but hatred and problems. We let them pray to allah in school which now we wont even allow ourselves to pray to God, and then they tell us how horrible we are.

[edit on 28-3-2005 by Ignignot]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
When did it become illegal for Christians to pray in school? Last I checked Christians are allowed to form christian clubs in school and even are allowed to pray just as long as its not during official school activity and sometimes even then prayer slips in on official school activity. Wow can you imagine the nerve of those muslims asking for "rug time" and interfering with our prayer circles. By the way I dont know if you people noticed but this is a Muslim private school. In other words they are free to conduct themselves as Muslims the same way christians are free to be as christian as they want in christian private schools.

No reasonable person will say that the actions of the students and the teachers who supported them are reasonable or acceptable. The fact of the matter is these things happen. They happen in every culture. I doubt you people would be complaining so loudly if some American christian private school student wrote an anti-homosexual story with the support of a teacher. No I think you would be falling over each other to justify the hypothetical students actions.

I dont know if you people noticed but all parties involved are under suspension and review by the board of the school. Odds are the teachers will be fired for their actions. What everyone seems to be missing here is how this a private school not under the direct purview of a public school board. Since its a private school the vetting process probably isnt as strict. As long as you can teach in an islamic manner you would probably be hired. Same as it works in Christian private schools in America.

Its insane to me how some people find it necessary to strip their own neighbor of all the rights we have and then pamper people who contribute, as a whole, nothing but hatred and problems.

I couldn't agree more now if only my fellow Americans would stop supporting the evangelical Christian wackjobs plagueing our society who are trying to desecularise my country.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join