It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis say no 'gay pride' in Holy City

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Man those Israelis are getting worse and worse

Soon they'll be worse than Nazis.

Hitler killed gays...Maybe the Israelis will scapegoat gays for blowing up restraunts too.

I'd rather live in China than Israel ANY DAY

More Freedoms in China...

A man turned himself into a woman and got married last year...talk about openess.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS

Hitler killed gays...Maybe the Israelis will scapegoat gays for blowing up restraunts too.

I'd rather live in China than Israel ANY DAY

More Freedoms in China...

A man turned himself into a woman and got married last year...talk about openess.

Dreamworld or delusion?

"Fateful decisions made by China’s leaders, limiting births to mostly males and forbidding farmers to tap shrinking reservoirs diverted to smog-choked cities could lead to internal strife and foreign conquest as this economic powerhouse reaches the limits of explosive growth. But US consumers continue to fund China’s military modernization, even as they erode their own economy and employment at home. Even worse, Wal-Mart shoppers are supporting forced labor camps where the healthiest inmates are executed for “organ harvesting”. Wal-Mart also buys heavily from slave labor manufacturing zones, where women workers are typically paid 3 cents an hour or less for 70 to 90-hour work weeks. See smuggled photos here. And please don’t buy any products “Made In China”."

www.willthomas.net...

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
As I am a uber liberal (what most conservatives dont understand is that they are economic liberals
) my principle in life is that "as long as it harms no-one, that person should be able to do it". This applies to the gay march, it aint gonna harm no one so there's no reason why others should infringe on other people's lives.

Horacid, if God punishes Israel for this, i'll buy you a beer at the copacabana in heaven and we'll play a game of poker with Adam Smith and discuss economic liberalism.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
Horacid, if God punishes Israel for this, i'll buy you a beer at the copacabana in heaven and we'll play a game of poker with Adam Smith and discuss economic liberalism.

thanks,
drfunk

If both of us make it to heaven I'll buy the beer. But, whoever gets there first......... keep'em cold for the other.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I don't believe homosexuality is a natural occurence, I come to this conclusion not from a religious but a purely scientific view point.

Point in case, the act of sex, from a scientific viewpoint, is an act of procreation. Therefore heterosexuality is the natural application of sex.

In regards to homosexuality, one can simply not procreate, therefore, it is unnatural.

As far as I have studied, homosexuality exists in societies where sex is exploited. By the simple means of investigation one can verify this by taking a look at how important the issue of sex is to the average homosexual. Many, most infact, seem to be obsessed with sex. Mind you, our society at large is obsessed with sex, which leads us to the current situation.

The color purple and hair salons will never be the same! Take the power back!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Lightbeing
Homosexuality is a natural response to crowded social situations. Animals express this trait in crowded living conditions and when in large packs. It's safer to 'cozy' up to a dominant male in many cases than it is to fight for one of the few females.

Homosexuality is a naturally evolved mechanism, it curbs overpopulation, reduces violence, establishes pack heirarchy, and stimulates - of course.

It's not about being focused on sex, it's about being focused on social interaction.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Lightbeing
Homosexuality is a natural response to crowded social situations. Animals express this trait in crowded living conditions and when in large packs. It's safer to 'cozy' up to a dominant male in many cases than it is to fight for one of the few females.

Homosexuality is a naturally evolved mechanism, it curbs overpopulation, reduces violence, establishes pack heirarchy, and stimulates - of course.

It's not about being focused on sex, it's about being focused on social interaction.

There does seem to be some truth in what you say. However, I must say that an over crowded situation can only occur when a species is out of it's equilibrium, again, a result of being out of step with nature.

There is our animal nature, and our higher, divine nature. The fact that animals express this behavior in over crowded situations is not surprising, animals base their actions on a purely instinctual basis, by means of the most impulsive expression. Sex, is definetly an act of impulse, as it's very urge is based on impulse.

So to bring in animals into this situation I would refute makes no regard to the true nature of the human being. The human being, is a self concious expression of ego and cognition beyond any other mammal on our Earth's surface. In all school's of theology, the essence of enlightenment is to rise above and beyond our lower animal nature. Some mason's here may know it as the lower nature aka Typhon [sic]. This is why the blue degrees of masonry wear an apron, to show they have conquered their lower nature. The divine human is to rise above these impulses, and live a life of purity, that is beyond the lustful allure of sexual ambiguity.

If you wish to further address this, I ask you to directly regard the issue of procreation. If homosexuality is indeed a natural act, how then do you explain the fact that this act goes against procreation?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
You misunderstand the heirarchy of biological urges.

1. Survival
2. Procreation
3. Comfort

I agree with most of what you said though. However, I think there is a great deal to be learned from animals, seeing as they exist perfectly within nature, a feat we've lost the knack for.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
You misunderstand the heirarchy of biological urges.

1. Survival
2. Procreation
3. Comfort

I agree with most of what you said though. However, I think there is a great deal to be learned from animals, seeing as they exist perfectly within nature, a feat we've lost the knack for.

So the last 1% of DNA that makes us human should be removed so we can better live with "nature"? Sorry but animal don't live perfectly with nature. Example "army ants" in south america, locusts, etc. Harmony in nature is a myth.........if such harmony existed how could evolution exist?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Seems that way doesn't it. If anyone is looking for an abomination in the 'holy city' then this would be it. Not a bunch of gays dressed togas trying to bring a little fun to the Tel Aviv.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesBlonde

Seems that way doesn't it. If anyone is looking for an abomination in the 'holy city' then this would be it. Not a bunch of gays dressed togas trying to bring a little fun to the Tel Aviv.

The entire issue of a gay pride march in "Jerusalem" not Tel Aviv is a slap in the face of GOD himself. This abomination will not go unpunished if allowed or FORCED on Israel. Its not about a little "fun" its about "in your face" BS from the abomination itself. But then again perhaps God would like 10,000 gays all in one spot kinda like in the Sodom days.........

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Now, a number of leaders of the three faiths -- Christianity, Judaism and Islam -- are making a rare show of unity to try to stop the festival. They say the event would desecrate the city and convey the erroneous impression that homosexuality is acceptable.

"They are creating a deep and terrible sorrow that is unbearable," said Shlomo Amar, Israel's chief Sephardic rabbi, at a news conference in Jerusalem Wednesday attended by Israel's two chief rabbis, the Jerusalem leaders of the Catholic, Greek Orthodox and Armenian churches, and three Muslim sheikhs. "It hurts all of the religions. We are all against it."

"We can't permit anybody to come and make the holy city dirty," added Abdel Aziz Bukhari, a Sufi sheikh in Jerusalem. "This is very ugly and very nasty to have these people come to Jerusalem."

Israeli authorities have not yet given any indication of what action, if any, they might take to limit the events. Banning the festival would appear to be unlikely, though the government could withhold the required permits for specific events, such as the parade.

Interfaith agreement between leaders of these three religions is unusual, especially in Israel. Their opposition was initially sparked by the Rev. Leo Giovinetti, a little-known evangelical pastor from San Diego who is both a veteran of the American culture war over homosexuality and a frequent visitor to Israel, where he has formed relationships in recent years with rabbis and politicians."

sfgate.com.../c/a/2005/03/31/MNGSAC0VRN1.DTL

This is a formula for destruction.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join