It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Easter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Bunny->spring->resurection of Jesus

Can someone explain the connection to me?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Mars, Cadbury, and the other chocolate kings have taken over easter

It seems like these guys took the cereal giants play book and learned to hog all the shelf space to squeeze out the little guy.
Sorry to rant about Easter

If you were at Wal-Mart looking for the generic chocolate eggs, please let us know, I really want a great laugh

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
*sigh*
You got me junglejake.
It was Walmart

Maybe thats why I never notced this before.

[edit on 25/3/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Nope, not I. I can say, however, that it's an opportunity to help people through some of their misconceptions of Christianity since this is one of the biggest American holidays of the year, and it is Christian.

I suppose you could say that rabbits would represent life, since they birth so much, and Christ's sacrifice allowed us all to have eternal life. What hiding easter eggs around so you can only see that part of the movie if you figure to click on it, that I can't really explain.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
*sigh*
Youy got me junglejake.
It was Walmart

Maybe that why I never notced this before.

hehe, so you went into a franchise store of the 2nd largest money maker in the world looking for their brand of chocolate eggs to help support the little guy and not Mars or Cadburry, etc.

Sorry, I'm a sucker for irony. Were you to buy the M&M brand eggs, you would have been supporting the littler of the two guys

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I suppose you could say that rabbits would represent life, since they birth so much, and Christ's sacrifice allowed us all to have eternal life. What hiding easter eggs around so you can only see that part of the movie if you figure to click on it, that I can't really explain.

I heard some strange claim once that the colored easter eggs are because, while on the cross, Jesus's blood dripped down onto someone's basket of eggs. Am I the only one that hears these weird things?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Damn, comet chocolates is a WallMart brand?
I just can't win at all can I?

I think next year we will just paint real eggs and not eat chocolate.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Bunny, hop, jump, spring, resurect, spring back to life? I don't know.

Another interesting question or two, "why does the easter bunny deliver chicken eggs? And why does he suck so bad at hiding them?"

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Nah, I've heard some pretty wierd things, too. So far as I know, that story ain't right. Every church service I've been to has refered to the easter bunny and the eggs as the secular side, the commercial side of the holiday, and then they talk about the Christian meaning of easter.

So far as I've worked out, and I could be completely wrong, the whole lunar tracking of when Easter happens resulted from the Roman Catholic church trying to get some druidic leadership to join the church, thereby allowing their followers to find out about the Truth that is Christ. However, as God knew would happen with the Jews when they took over Caanan, the pagan culture took some root in the church.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I believe that the Easter Bunny is Jesus' Son. Yes, Jesus' son was a Bunny.

So that'd make it...A Bunny God!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by poonchang

Another interesting question or two, " And why does he suck so bad at hiding them?"

...Have you ever had the easter bunny hid an egg on you really well? It becomes really easy to find after a week, but man, what a miserable hunt!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is so sad I was a deprived child when it came to Easter "American style" I grow up on a catholic environment and adventist also.

The "god Friday" was a procession depicting the passion and a day of morning and prayer, and on and on passion movies on TV.

On Sunday it was not easter bunny and not chocolate eggs, but long boring services in church in may case it was all day on my father Church adventist, and Sunday all day in the catholic church with my mother.

I tell you, and now people ask why I am not a Christian believer, well they're you got it.

I was religiously abused.

[edit on 25-3-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

I believe that the Easter Bunny is Jesus' Son. Yes, Jesus' son was a Bunny.

So that'd make it...A Bunny God!!!

Actually, it would be part bunny, part man, and part God. Kinda like that bunny man ax killer in Fairfax county, VA, except that was just a screwed up dude who would get dressed in a bunny suit and hack people up with an ax. Not much God in him, not much Bunny....Huh, what was I talking about? I think I'm gong to go back to work...

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Actually, it would be part bunny, part man, and part God. Kinda like that bunny man ax killer in Fairfax county, VA, except that was just a screwed up dude who would get dressed in a bunny suit and hack people up with an ax. Not much God in him, not much Bunny....Huh, what was I talking about? I think I'm gong to go back to work...

But No! He'd be fully Man, fully Bunny, AND fully God. Yes of course, Jesus was fully God and Man.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Easter - It's roots and Origins

+ www.locksley.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

=

HAPPY EASTER DEVIL WORSHIPPERS!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Ahh, but Rant, let's say I were given one of those bogus lottery tickets by someone, and it turns out, according to the ticket, I won $10,000. Now, I come on here and tell everyone I just won $10,000. Did I just lie? I don't think so, because I honestly believed I won $10,000.

When I celebrate easter, I celebrate Jesus's resurection. At no point in time do I worship the moon, nature, or the like, only God. Would that make me a devil worshipper? I don't think so, because I've turned something that, hundreds of years ago was paganistic, into something pure and holy in my mind. As far as worship goes, isn't the only real determinate of what your worshipping your intentions and mind?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

As far as worship goes, isn't the only real determinate of what your worshipping your intentions and mind?

Yup. And a good marketing department.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

As far as worship goes, isn't the only real determinate of what your worshipping your intentions and mind?

Yup. And a good marketing department.

Well, how could you have a better department? Ours is headed up by GOD!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Well, how could you have a better department? Ours is headed up by GOD!

Really? isn't that so convenient to give god all the human characteristics we want?

Does God get blame when sales goes down.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
A very HAPPY EASTER to all the people I know here on ATS.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join