It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weapons of Mass Deception: The Uses of Propaganda in Bush's War on Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Yeahhh, i hope lots of people have access to buy that book and read some nice stuff, i think is about time to start to use the head all over the globe, we are living like robots, not thinking just living day by day, while there is organizated people with plans and power waiting to rape us alive!!

Rest of the interview with the autor:
www.guerrillanews.com...

"Weapons of Mass Deception: The Uses of Propaganda in Bush's War on Iraq."

Stauber: It's the story of how the Bush Administration sold the War on Iraq to the American people and it's, like all our books, a case study in the use of propaganda.

GNN: It's almost eerie how so much of what you've been covering at PR Watch is starting to become unraveled.

Stauber: It's extremely frustrating that the book isn't out right now ["Weapons of Mass Deception" hits the stores July 19], informing the current discussion and debate over the massive campaign of deception, because what we are seeing is that the Republican control of the House and Senate is preventing an investigation into what a very large and growing percentage of the American public now recognize as a deceptive sell-job that embroiled our nation in a war of occupation. But at the same time, it's this bizarre Orwellian situation where the word investigation, through a gentlemen's agreement between the Democrats and Republicans, isn't even being used to describe what's happening in Washington because the Democrats don't have a majority in either House and even if they wanted to, they aren't be able to push through open hearings and an investigation. There have been some outspoken figures in politics and the media - Senator Byrd, for example.

GNN: He even joked the other day about the word investigation�

Stauber: I think that's why I just said that. I happened to be watching Democracy Now! on the cable channel and they were showing a still photo of the Senator and playing his brilliant and of course under-covered [by the media] talk, in which he joked about using the 'i' word. But I think as the 'q' word - quagmire - becomes more and more used to describe the current mess in Iraq, there is going to be a growing clamor at the grassroots for an investigation and much more. Some mainstream level of journalists like Paul Krugman are saying that this huge deception that sold the war is arguably the worst political scandal of our lifetimes, and I think there is a good case to be made for that.

GNN: Give us a short history of how propaganda and war in Iraq.

[Edited on 16-7-2003 by CoLD aNGeR]

new topics

join