It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan test-fires its longest-range missile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Pakistan just test launched its longest range missile, the Shaheen II (Hatf-6), with a reported range of around 2,000 km and the capability of delivering a nuclear warhead. A military statement said of the test:

This missile system, which incorporates advanced two-stage solid motor technology, can carry all types of conventional and nuclear warheads to a range of 2,000 kilometres. The test was carried out to verify some of the refined technical parameters … all parameters were validated.
The Associated Press cites an anonymous military official as saying that the test was conducted from a facility near Pakistan’s southern city of Karachi and that the test was witnessed by President General Pervez Musharraf.

source : www.guardian.co.uk...

heck. i hope india gets some good BMD system fast.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
i think there genral are .
some body has to stop him before they run out of there Smuggled missile

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Thats the North Korean No-Dong II missile, they now have the range to nuke Tel-Aviv so what is everyone so worried about Iran developing Nukes for? Iran/Pakistan whats the diference?

BTW did you hear that some Iranian said that Iran was to test a "satilite launcher" this year? In other words and ICBM; thats what they said, but it's hard tobeleive they could have developed somthing like thats since the shahab 3&4 were both N. Korean designs..but you never know-why would the say it if it wern't true?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Why would they say it if it wasn't true? Are you kidding they are the biggest PR country in the middle east. And I think Pakistan ahs had nuclear weapon long enough and has not used them plus their president has nice relations with the U.S. Iran has neither of these things, therefore there is a difference.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
^^^
ummmm..
do use you rsignature in sarcasm or in its true Bush essence ?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If you read my profile you will know that I am a Bush supporter and I indeed use my signature in the true Bush sense.
I would not dare mock our President

JAK

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Thought this might be of interest here too:

US to sell fighters to Pakistan F-16

About 4,500 F-16s are in commission around the world
The US government has approved the sale of F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan, Bush administration officials say.

US President George W Bush called Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to tell him about the decision.

Indian government spokesman Sanjay Baru said Mr Singh had expressed "great disappointment", saying the move would exacerbate India's security concerns.

Jack

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I suppose that now India will go ahead and buy the Mirave 2000-V now...

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The only difference between Iran and Pakistan is that Iranians are more vocal in their anti-zionist rhetoric, the US says they support Palestinian militant groups but most of the funding they give actually goes to the hospitals and day care centers that Hamas runs, it only costs about $200 to make a suicide bomb belt, the P's can pay for that themselves, and their support of Hezbollah, whats that a few grenades lobbed into the Golan every month-it's not a problem..

So you think it's true and Iran will soon have a MAD paragim with not only Israel but also with the USA? I think the world would be shocked if Iran shows that it is able to construct and launch and satilite and put it in orbit.. most western intelligence thinks they are bsing

top topics

join