It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming GLobal Dimming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I recently watched a BBC Documentary on Australian television which appeared to be thoroughly researched, It's main premise was that over the last forty years we have been experiencing Global Dimming due to the the increase of smog particles in the atmosphere. This was established by the fact that evaporation rates have been decreasing not increasing as the current Global Model would suggest. Unfortunately now due to new technology the evaporation rates are increasing due to the fact that these smog particles are being cleaned up . This has resulted in scientists now predicting an increase of Global tempertures of 10 degrees and sea level increases of several meters over the next 100 years.The prediction has now doubled! We have have been putting to many green house gases into the atmosphere. They expect we should experience the first major effects of this within 20 years. It is obvously important for every one of us to reduce our energy consumption and to put pressure on our governments to head for zero emmissions! Ironically it was the lack of aircraft in the air after September 11th over America that confirmed this research.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This is very intresing topic. Unfortunatly I missed the documentry on the BBC so i did'nt get to watch it. Have you got any other internet links to article's or somthing?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
FWIW, here's some more information on global dimming.
Most of the links discuss the BBC program.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
FWIW, here's some more information on global dimming.
Most of the links discuss the BBC program.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

I saw the programme and it is frankly scary... Damned if we do and Damned if we don't.

The global tug of war is already causing some very strange effects....

April 2 and 3rd was the warmest and brightest April's on record in England.

The sunlight appears to be much whiter and brighter than I ever remember it....

But the truth is we are already in a cascade effect that cannot be stopped we can only do what we can.

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Yes, I agree.
And if one of the caldara blow, it could devastate the earth, much like 535 A.D.
National Geographic has a story about the Yellowstone Caldara blowing yesterday. It blows every 500,000 +/- 150,000years or so. Last eruption was 500,000 was 500,000 yrs ago.
Also, people are talking about the caldara or volcano in Sumatra going off because of all the seismic activity.
Either of those events would make current global dimming irrelevant.

Ah, well, we are but visitors on this planet!

top topics

join