It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penn and Teller: Your thoughts...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hello all,

Recently I saw Penn and Teller on showtime and they proceeded to "debunk" all paranormal activity. I am not well versed on the subject by any means and this is a question to those that have seen any of the shows "debunking" telepathy, talking with the dead, Ouija boards, etc.

Is what they say factual or is it simply biased because of the results that they wanted to find for their show. Obviously, with a show title "Bullsh*t" they knew what they were looking for and could possibly disregard certain datum that would prove their theory wrong.

So any opinion is welcomed

Cheers,
nufan

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I don't want to bump my own thread (but it's still at the top so I don't see the problem), but in order for everyone looking to see this, it can't be an edit.

I don't want anyone thinking that I'm siding with P&T. In fact, the reason that I posted here is because I'm not sure. I don't want to take what they have to say as fact because, well, it's what they say. So I just wanted to throw that out there early before people get the wrong idea

Cheers,
nufan

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I love bull# it's a great show in fact i have the first season on DVD i've looked up a lot of the facts that they present and so far it's been 100% accurate. I like the way they see things they aren't biased and when things they can't explain happen they confront it and say it.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It's a pretty neat show. I remember seeing the episode where they demagnetize magnets and set up a display stand in a mall. People put on these demagnetized magnets, walk around the mall and can't believe how energetic the magnets make them feel even though they don't work.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   

DiabolusFireDragon
It's a pretty neat show. I remember seeing the episode where they demagnetize magnets and set up a display stand in a mall. People put on these demagnetized magnets, walk around the mall and can't believe how energetic the magnets make them feel even though they don't work.

Yeah i like that episode it's about alternative medicine. P&T destroyed that myth.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I have a question.

The one who doesn't talk...........canhe talk, or is he mute? I have never seen him talk when they performed, or heard for that matter.

Is it just part of their gig, for him to stay silent? I so wanna hear him speak!

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I love it, they're usually at least 75% right and ALWAYS cite their sources, but they were just debunking most modern recent photography. That doesn't necessarily mean some of it isn't true, like Alien and Durkiham's thesis for example, Odds are good their. Or what about the "Rio Grande" UFO, newbies there is a thread on it. So you can trust them, but always think well, they didn't prove the "Arizona Lights of '97 of 3-13", ironically, a year after NASA gave a press confrence claiming "Extra-terresterials" did exsist. But of chorse, press coverage was underated that day!

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well, there is, and always has been, a lot of trickery in the area of the paranormal. Houdini was also a consumate debunker of mediums in his day, when trying to contact his mother. Chances are, they are imitating their idol...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Regarding Teller. Yeah, he can talk. It's just part of their act. If you watch the one about PETA (which, by the way, is my FAVORITE), Penn brands Teller and Teller yells "MOTHER FU*KER!" and Penn says "Hm...so he can talk." I've seen him on television at one point when he does talk. It's all part of the act.

Cheers,
nufan

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
If you want to hear Teller talk watch the episode of Simpsons they are in, he talks in it! I was amazed! But yes, have the 1st season on DVD, first time I had ever heard of it. Love the bottle water/Fung Shway(sp?) episode, and the sex episode!!!!! The black woman was fine!(just abunch of naked guys and girls on set the whole time!)

new topics

top topics

join