Completely Random and probably meaning thoughts

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
was reading this page, which I found out about here where its mentioned by Tablet. He indicates in the ice wolf poem thread that he's figured it out but isn't telling. Don't know if he is playing along or what.

The remaining values are transformed, 8x8 blocks at a time, by a forward Discrete Cosine Transform, which is going to transform your values into frequencies. It sounds complex but it's not. It's just a matter of describing your numbers no more by their values, but by coefficients of a mathematical expression. Think about how easier it is to describe a line by the two coefficients a and b in the mathematical formula "y = ax + b" than by keeping the coordinates of hundreds of points that belong to that line. Ah, beauty of mathematics: you can describe an infinity of very particular points with just two coefficients!

And the hexagram / I ching /pseudo-shamanism stuff indicates that waves are important. Now, I don't know what the hell this steganography stuff is all about, but if the information in a jpeg is compressed into the coefficients of a formulae,what if that formulae describes a wave rather than a simple line? And can that wave and the hexagram that BL might be be used to form the cipher/key? Tho I am entirely unclear as to how the hexagrams are read. I also have a hard time beleiving tho that even if a wave, rather than a line is the line who's co-effificents are used in the method described above, is used, that the whole black labyrinth game ( or this 'step') has been built around that wave formulae that the creators have no control over.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Also, the rings that make up the BL, they seem to be alternating sets of 1 and 2 gaps. But this apparently acn't be thought of as a binary sequence, since its simply alternating.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The I Ching works be using these hexagram things, which are made up of two 'trigrams' which are made up of three lines, and there are two choices of line, broken and unbroken.

So, there are two options wrt BL. One is that the gray rings in Bl with two gaps represent the 'broken line', the other is that the 'black' lines between the rings represent the solid line, i suppose.

To construct a hexagram apparently you build up. Your first line starts at the bottom and is line 1. Topmost line is line 6. So, I will assume we go thru the BL like a regular labyrinth. You start in the center and walk to get out.

So the first hexagram I am going to say is:

broken
unbroken called the water trigram which can represent difficulty
broken

unbroken
broken called the fire trigram which can represent intelligence.
unbroken

Now, there are 22 gray rings. That means that there are three sets of hexagrams, followed by rings 19, 20, 21, and 22, which, obviously don't form a full hexagram.

There is also something called a nuclear hexagram. You take a hexagram and write a new one by using the previous one's lines 2 3 4 and then 3 4 5 . Here is the nuclear hexagram for the thrice repeating bl hexagram

unbroken
broken now fire is on top
unbroken

broken
unbroken and water is on bottom
broken

I had thought at one point 'what if i have the original hexagram backwards'? Say, I misplaced the lines and had figured broken for unbroken or something. You get the reverse of the orignal hexagram, with fire on top and water on bottom and the nuclear hexagram for that is the original one. So the two posibilities are thier own nuclear hexagrams, and the nuclear hexagram is supposed to 'show something of the original contradictoriness of the original hexagram' or some such. But if you start from the center I don't seehow the first line can be anything other than 'unbroken'.

So what does the oracle do? Apparently you'd normally throw some sticks or a coin a few times to get the hexagram pattern, then you'd reflect on a question you want the oracle to answer and the oracle woudl answer it based on these hexagrams and their interpretation.

I don't 'beleive' this sort of stuff. I think its bs.

Anyway, here is a description of the bl hexagram.

In hexagram 63 we find the successful end of a journey masks the beginning of another. The mask of completion helps memory to distinguish events and some form of guide is useful for the new dangers ahead.

In the image, although one has completed a path, one recollects the bad times and is determined to be ready for them next time; the overall emphasis is getting things done in the correct order for completion.

Nice and vague no? Sounds 'mysterious' enough to be like BL.

Anyway, the first question to ask is, is black labyrinth a game? I ask it using this webpage program/oracle. I used the 'yarrow stick' procedure, but I am not sure if it helps at all. I gives me some properly vague responses. I suspect that the game designers don't intend for the game to be cracked this way, because the 'yarrow stick' method can give different results and other methods can give other results, so its not 'controlable' from the aspect of a game.

Anyway right now its says "DO:Recognise that primitive forces and desires are driving the situation" and do not"Persist with firm action"

Is anyone else more familiar with these sorts of things?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Is anyone else more familiar with these sorts of things?

I'm doing research for an article that I intend to publish in Nexus Magazine in the upcoming months. The basis of the article revolves around the late Terrence McKennas 'Time Wave Zero' Theory. I'm sure you have heard of McKennas, besides Aldous Huxley, he is probably the most notable psychonaut of our time.

Anyway, he claims that the only original idea that he came up with is this 'Time Wave Zero'. In short, he takes the Hexagram I-ching sequence, digitizes it by utilizing the some similar methods that you suggested in your post, and has come up with an interesting recurrent Time Wave within history based on these I-Ching divinatory symbols.

He calls this recurrent pattern the 'Time Wave that occurs throughout our universe'. He equivulates the highs and lows of this Time line to certain points in history he calls 'Novelty'. In short, when the Time wave breaks low, it's a dark or stagnate point of earthly history, annihilation of the dinosaurs, rise of the Hitler regime...etc. When the Time wave breaks up, it as seen as a time of planetary enlightenment. These 'novelty points' occur throughout history.

Now the Timewave Zero is interesting. This same cycle of 'Novelty' events have been reoccurring throughout the initial conception of Earth. However, as this Time Wave approaches modernity, it becomes condense. For example, the first 3 billion years of earths history creates one of these Timewave patterns. Maybe the 1.6 billion years after the first 3 billion years, history creates another one of these Timewave patterns. 600 million years after the 1.6 billion years, history creates yet another one of these Timewave patterns. The cycle further condenses as it approaches modernity. So the 3 billion years time that it took Earth to produce it’s first Timewave sequence, the same Timewave sequence could be seen in a short time span of…1970-2000. McKenna predicted that this Timewave will soon approach a period of complete novelty in which 1.6 billion years of ‘Timewave history’ could be seen in possibly 6 months as it approaches the Timewave Zero. Believe it or not, this date coincides with the Mayan predictions of the end of time in 2012.

The research is an ongoing process and after McKennas death a few years ago, research has been extremely scarce. However hopefully I will be able to present the material to Nexus Magazine by May 2005 and have research printed shortly after that.

But yea…I-ching, crazy stuff. Check out The Invisible Landscape: Mind, Hallucinogens, and the I Ching by Terrence McKenna and brother Dennis McKenna if you are still interested.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Interseting. The source page mentioned in the lupus copy poems actually talked about the mckennas and their i ching derived time waves and all that. I'd never heard of the mckennas but I have heard of A. Huxely. I recall that he too had experimented with psychedelic mushrooms for a time. Perhaps the black labyrinth needs some psychonauts to make some mushroom soup and figure it out!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
congRATS Nygdan on you Modship!!

I guess this means you now know the secret of the BL, but can't tell the rest of us

hmm. I wonder if you were on to something...

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

congRATS Nygdan on you Modship!!

Yes indeed! Congratulation.

Looks like we lost one of our BL analysis… right after I dropped him something relating to BL via u2u. So does that mean if I drop poonchang what I dropped to Nygdan, he will become mod?

I don’t know if he’s allow to post here now that he’s mod. But please do come back and say Hi!! Are you even allow to do just that???????????????????????????????!!!!!

new topics
top topics

join