It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SuSTaiN CaMPaiGN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Well i just found out this website talking about
the aid given to israel from it�s creation, and how does it affect the rest of the world:
(The site has a lot of info)

Quick Facts on U.S. Aid to Israel

The official, on-the-table U.S. aid to Israel is $3,000,000,000 (40% economical and 60% Military) since 1984 and $2,500,000,000 since 1973.

Add to that $1,271,000,000/yr for special gifts and programs subsidized by the U.S., such as the Arrow missile and the Lavi fighter, plus the loan guarantees of $10,000,000,000 over 5 years, plus the interest ($500,000,000/yr) the U.S. must pay on money borrowed to pay for the grants to Israel. The total for most of the 1990's was around $6,300,000,000/year ($6.3 BILLION) or over $17 Million/DAY.

The total above has risen in the new millennium since the second infifada broke out and the war on terror began.

The total U.S. foreign aid to the whole world (6 Billion people) is about $18 BILLION, so, the one thousandth (1/1000) of the world population living in Israel gets one third of US aid. Also, Israel's GNP is around $24 Billion, i.e. a quarter of Israel's income comes from the U.S. The Aid to Israel is in the form of loans.
The above figures do not include:

the tax-deductible donations, mostly by American Jews and Christian Zionists, to Israel totaling over $1,000,000,000/year.
Israel Bonds sold in the U.S. for $500,000,000/year
the $1,000,000,000/year U.S. commercial banks lend to Israel
The fact that unlike other countries, Israel gets its US aid in one chunk at the beginning of the distribution year, instead of quarterly installments. This allows Israel to further make interest on that money over other aid-receiving countries.

Link

www.sustaincampaign.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Wow, think how much good this money could do. How many schools it could build in third world countries, how many wells it could drill, how much desert it could irrigate, how much seed and fertilizer it could buy, how much farmland could be grown with crops, how many distribution centers could be built, how many children could be innoculate against childhood diseases, how many people could be saved from poverty, people who might actually be grateful for what they received??? It makes me sick that we are going in debt to give money to an agressive warlike nation instead of giving it to peaceful poor people who desperately need it.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Wow, think how much good this money could do. How many schools it could build in third world countries, how many wells it could drill, how much desert it could irrigate, how much seed and fertilizer it could buy, how much farmland could be grown with crops, how many distribution centers could be built, how many children could be innoculate against childhood diseases, how many people could be saved from poverty, people who might actually be grateful for what they received??? It makes me sick that we are going in debt to give money to an agressive warlike nation instead of giving it to peaceful poor people who desperately need it.

You see it directly, nice speech mate, i agree 200% with u on that one

join