It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Volcano Threat: Just When You Think It's Safe (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
When a volcano blows and you think you are safe by the sea after the main event subsides, keep an eye on your back. This is the message in a new study of an eruption in the Caribbean. This research confirmed what scientists had been expecting and the scenario is a bit frightening.

www.livescience.com
When a volcano blows and you think you're safe by the sea after the main event subsides, watch your back. That's the message in a new study of an eruption in the Caribbean.

The research confirmed what scientists had expected, and the scenario is a bit frightening.

The Soufriere Hills Volcano, on the island of Montserrat, is an ongoing menace. When its dome collapsed in 2003, it shot out tremendous flows of hot gas and ash. These pyroclastic flows, as they're called, hit the ocean at the mouth of a river. You might think that'd be the end of it.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is very new and shocking information. This new information found is that a surprising secondary backward flow can kill you. So when you think a volcano is done doing its business, it may not be over.

Related News Links:
www.livescience.com
www.livescience.com

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Sorry bud but I think you should read over the rules of submission and check out some other ATSNN posts to help you format your own properly. Good luck

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
Sorry bud but I think you should read over the rules of submission and check out some other ATSNN posts to help you format your own properly. Good luck

yeah...

it was a little rushed...

what do you think of the story though???

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

not so good of a post yourself they see ALL you had to put me down because you got put down

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Ouch dude, bring it down a little, I'm sure he's just trying to help you to contribute to the ATSNN. This is not a place for petty arguments and comments, but rather intelligent discussion.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
your right i am sorry for what i said "they see ALL" i was just alittle mad and if you were helping you could of put it nicer

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Ouch dude, bring it down a little, I'm sure he's just trying to help you to contribute to the ATSNN. This is not a place for petty arguments and comments, but rather intelligent discussion.

lets have a discussion...

what do you think of my article???

digitalassassin...

what are you talking about???

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I was only saying that you came to my Jarrasic park thread and said bad post dude next time read the ats posting rules. i found it rude if you were tryin to help as un mature suggested then you could of done it nicer

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
But lets forget it it's over

I like you post i actually saw Soufriere Hills Volcano, on the island of Montserrat when i went on a cruise when i was 10 it was smoking when the ship passed it after we left the island of Dominica

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin
But lets forget it it's over

I like you post i actually saw Soufriere Hills Volcano, on the island of Montserrat when i went on a cruise when i was 10 it was smoking when the ship passed it after we left the island of Dominica

no problem...

that is cool that you saw this...

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I thought the post was ok. At least he got it to me thats what matters in my books. Thanks they see all!

top topics

join