It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason Bible?!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Not to the point of casting my identity unto them, no.

We all know family members we don't share
much traits with, as much as we all have temporary friends
we realize that bore us.

Oh, I thought you had previously said "ties", not "traits".

I guess I was also wrong to assume that a serious use of "friends" as you used it would include such a use of the silly, light-hearted use of the word as in acquantances. When I was refering to friends, I meant FRIENDS.

Again, I thought you had previously said "ties".

Anyway, devil's advocate here, but no one is putting or forcing any "identity" on some-one else are they? People join/remain in these groups willingly and of their own choice right?

[edit on 18-7-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I believe you can go to any book store that sells Bibles and have a look for yourself at a 'Masonic Bible'......at least that is where we bought Dad's, back in the 60's.....gave it to him for Christmas.

It is the King James Bible, for crying out loud.....just like all the other King James Bibles, except the first few dozens of pages are Masonic history, etc.....then there are several pages for names and dates of any Masons in the family and when they entered or passed whatever level.

It reads just like all the other KJV's that I have compared it to.....and since it's an oversized 'family' Bible.....with all sorts of full color plates, etc, I have even carried it to church during Christmas services to read the 'Christmas story' from and have used it in 'altar decorations' during Christmas and Easter.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hi frayed1

If you check out the last page of posts, phantompatriot posted scans of it. Not sure if you saw them.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Yep, that's what this one has.....and it goes on for several more pages! From the binding that shows, his must be older or has been well used.

I wanted to add my 2 cents concerning the fact that the rest of it is just the usual KJV Bible.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
My college fraternity used a regular bible during meetings, etc. Doesn't mean that groups like Masons etc. aren't up to strangeness though, does it? In this day and age, the "Masonic Bible" seems more like a PR thing.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
>>>>When I was refering to friends, I meant FRIENDS.

There is still no reasons to respect friends more than any other human being.

If you mean "favor", use "favor", not respect.

>>>>>>no one is putting or forcing any "identity" on some-one else are they?

Of course not. The self-bombing terrorists did it all by themselves.

Cedric Phi

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centiment
Of course not. The self-bombing terrorists did it all by themselves.

I see what you mean now. I think.

The bomber/terrorist/misunderstood murderous goons were mere puppets under the control of the unmentionable powers that pull all strings.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Well, I myself am a Freemason, and I also have a "masonic" bible, which is simply the standard King James version of the bible. The only thing which makes it different is that it has a section in front that explains some of the symbology and the meaning, has a FAQ and answer section, and an index which direct you to various verses in the bible which tie into some of our ritual work. There is certainly nothing crazy, evil, mysterious, or secretive about our bible.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
A friend of mine had his dad's car in college for a week. He was a mason (and a pipe-fitter) and the car had those "masonic magnets" on the back.

Are those magnets better or worse than the highway patrol donation stickers for getting out of speeding tickets? Would having both be even better?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2nd Hand Thoughts
A friend of mine had his dad's car in college for a week. He was a mason (and a pipe-fitter) and the car had those "masonic magnets" on the back.

Are those magnets better or worse than the highway patrol donation stickers for getting out of speeding tickets? Would having both be even better?

If a Mason puts them on his car for the purpose of getting out of a speeding ticket...or if a police officer declines to give a deserving offender a ticket just BECAUSE of one of these emblems, it is a gross mis-use of Masonry.

I have one on each of my vehicles simply because my wife drives a lot and I would hope that if she is ever in need, a Mason will stop and assist her. I've done it a couple of times myself and have had another Mason help me because of those emblems.

Its a sad commentary that it's dangerous to stop on the road-side to help people these days....but I DO look for Masonic emblems when I see a car pulled over.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak
If a Mason puts them on his car for the purpose of getting out of a speeding ticket...or if a police officer declines to give a deserving offender a ticket just BECAUSE of one of these emblems, it is a gross mis-use of Masonry.

I have one on each of my vehicles simply because my wife drives a lot and I would hope that if she is ever in need, a Mason will stop and assist her. I've done it a couple of times myself and have had another Mason help me because of those emblems.

Its a sad commentary that it's dangerous to stop on the road-side to help people these days....but I DO look for Masonic emblems when I see a car pulled over.

I wouldn't imagine getting out of a ticket because I'm a mason, or have an emblem on my car. The police donation stickers, maybe, but not a masonic emblem. Most cops are NOT masons, and will probably beat you harder if you try to gain preferential treatment from them.

If I see a car with a masonic emblem on it, I try to chase them down just to wave a friendly "Hello, brother!" I have one on my car so others can do the same, or so they'll help me if they see me on the side of the road.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It's hard to tell if someone will let you go for having the stickers on the back of a car. I usually tend to stay out of trouble by simply being honest and not giving the officer any line of BS. I'm young and look innocent too which helps. I do have a masonic ring that I wear though, and while I can't say that it's kept me out of trouble, I guess that's always a possibility.

also on a side note to Sebatwerk..... I'm a new user and it won't let me return any U2U's until I have 20 posts. so bare with me brother, and I'll eventually get back w/you!

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
When I entered college as a day student, I had to drive over 20 miles one way, everyday. My Dad, a Mason, put a Masonic sticker on the back window of my car. He said if my car broke down somewhere out on the road, it might come in handy, ( you know....get some one to help.) He made no mention of it getting me out of speeding tickets! ( And if he had thought that I would have tried to use it to get out of a ticket......I would have gotten a lecture and a half!)

After he got on in years, he never left home without a sticker on the back of his car.....he had more faith in it than in AAA. lol.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Yes, I know that if I was in trouble on the side of the freeway with smoke coming out from under my hood, a brother would pull over and go VERY far out of his way to help me. Additionally, if I saw a brother in like condition, I would do the same thing. Provided, I generally pull over and help just about anyone I see on the side of the road that looks like they need a hand, but Freemasons are generally very eager to help out a brother in need.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join