It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason Bible?!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
OK. Excuse me but if a "political group" so to speak has it's own bible, i put that into a Cult category. Ya kno? I mean, who will you worship if you are a freemason? Is there a Jesus of Freemasonry?

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Try Google on this subject, or even our own ATS search function to find out what is meant by a Freemasons' Bible. It is not as sinister a thing as you might be thinking.

You people need to do more reading and evaluating and less hyperventilating!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
the technical definition of the word "BIBLE" can mean:

"A book considered authoritative in its field: the bible of French cooking."

therefore, a Masonic bible is simply the most authoritative book for its field.

So I suppose that could be the reason it's called such.

Cheers,
nufan

[edit on 24-3-2005 by nmuxfpaxn]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nmuxfpaxn
the technical definition of the word "BIBLE" can mean:

"A book considered authoritative in its field: the bible of French cooking."

therefore, a Masonic bible is simply the most authoritative book for its field.

So I suppose that could be the reason it's called such.

A masonic bible is usually the New Testament, with inserts and highlighted passages that would be of interest to masons. Nothing more. Sheesh! I'm sure there's even Masonic Korans out there!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The freemason's don't worship any god in particular. The christians who are freemason's worship jesus. The jewish freemason's worship god. The hindu freemasons would worship their gods. I'd think that sebatwork's answer as to there beign bibles annotated with material specific to freemasonry is a good answer.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Codycougar91
OK. Excuse me but if a "political group" so to speak has it's own bible, i put that into a Cult category. Ya kno? I mean, who will you worship if you are a freemason? Is there a Jesus of Freemasonry?

Masonry is not a "political group", it's a fraternity. Also, a Masonic Bible is nothing but the King James Version with a Masonic emblem on the cover.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Oh yes...
Christian Bible? There's NO Christian Bible... Only a version written by Constantine with a Christian emblem on it... Riiiight!

The freemasons don't worship any god in particular.

So who's the Great Architect of the Universe, then? Just another guy... who probably just cooked brownies for King Solomon, or either an abstract concept that millions of Freemasons worship by knowing at the same time that it does'nt exists? Even Masonic Light once told me here that "GAU" is the Masonic term for God, so where are you going like that?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
So who's the Great Architect of the Universe, then? Just another guy... who probably just cooked brownies for King Solomon, or either an abstract concept that millions of Freemasons worship by knowing at the same time that it does'nt exists? Even Masonic Light once told me here that "GAU" is the Masonic term for God, so where are you going like that?

The GAOTU is an embodiment of whoever an individual mason's God is. For me, the GAOTU is God, for a Muslim, it would be Allah.

The purpose of the GAOTU is so that no mason's individual God is left out of the lodge.

[edit on 25-3-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think it might help some of you skeptics out there to possibly do some reading concerning the Godhead and its many manifestations throughout different cultures and times.

Might I suggest, Aldous Huxley's,The Perrenial Philosophy. A very interesting read for those of you who would 'Deny Ignorance'.

Try this link for a Cliff Notes approach to this subject.
www.clas.ufl.edu...

I read this book nearly 30 years ago, and read it again some 3-4 years after that. It was very enlightening. This subject of different peoples interpretations and understanding of God is a many faceted subject. And like each individual it is subject to individual interpretation.

No man is more qualified than yourself to discern and interpret what your understanding and experience of God is. Do not be disuaded by those who would pull you from your path.
Or as my Dad would say, 'To Each His Own.'

Via con Dios.

[edit on 25-3-2005 by sharkman]

[edit on 25-3-2005 by sharkman]

[edit on 26-3-2005 by sharkman]

[edit on 26-3-2005 by sharkman]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
In Freemasonry you are encouraged to create your own god really.
Ultimately GATU is defined as a entity that is the sum of both good and evil, light and darkness etc...
But for an iniate who is still on his way to understanding all this, it is deemed better that he just believe whatever he feels comfortable with..so that he doesn't get all up-tight about being part of some loony Neo-Pagan cult.

Significant elements of the 1st degree are the way an initate is stumbling about blindly in his Christian ways, when asked why he wants to join he has no answer etc...

Eventually he will learn, but not right now.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
Significant elements of the 1st degree are the way an initate is stumbling about blindly in his Christian ways, when asked why he wants to join he has no answer etc...

You have no idea what the ritual is like, do you? You have the texts available to you, yet you're too thick-headed to understand them. Go figure.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
In Freemasonry you are encouraged to create your own god really.
Ultimately GATU is defined as a entity that is the sum of both good and evil, light and darkness etc...
But for an iniate who is still on his way to understanding all this, it is deemed better that he just believe whatever he feels comfortable with..so that he doesn't get all up-tight about being part of some loony Neo-Pagan cult.

Eventually he will learn, but not right now.

Lies, lies and damn lies. Can't you come up with something better?

Did you got to troll school or is this just a hobby Necros?

....I pity you. You must be a truly lonely, bitter individual....

sad....

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
So who's the Great Architect of the Universe, then? [/quore]
What's it matter? One freemason can be a christian who accepts christ and another can be a hindu who burns incense to Vishnu while another can be a buddhist. The "great architect' is like saying 'the creator'.

It is interesting that they use a term like that. I wonder, perhaps, if a person cannot honestly answer the qualifying question 'do you beleive in a supreme being' if they beleive that there is a super-god, but not necessarily one that designed/created the universe in any detail??? Or is that a logical contradiction, a supreme god that didn't create that which is?

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I think masonic light said it best,

Masonry is not a "political group", it's a fraternity. Also, a Masonic Bible is nothing but the King James Version with a Masonic emblem on the cover.

This would be more like it.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You can get them at amazon.com
Sure sounds sinister to me. As mentioned before, they are just a KJV bible, with a few notes on Freemasonry/Solomons Temple.

www.amazon.com...=1111882063/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/002-0051464-6813605

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
it just seems like couldnt they use the regular bible if its just a KJV

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Codycougar91
it just seems like couldnt they use the regular bible if its just a KJV

That's precisely what they (we) are doing. Using the "regular" Bible. It just happens to have a Masonic emblem on it. I've seen Knights of Columbus Bibles too. Bibles with the K of C emblem embossed on them. I've seen TONS of BIbles with the owner's NAME actually embossed right on the cover. It's just a "regular" Bible though....happens to have a name stamped on it.

It's been stated that *most* Masonic Bibles are King James Version but they don't HAVE to be. I have one that was given to me that has the Scottish Rite Masonic Emblem stamped on it. It's just a "regular" Bible too...but it's the Revised Standard Version and includes the "deuterocanonical" books (called by some "The Apocrypha") as well, which is the version of my choice.

Many of us wear rings too. They're just "regular" rings...except they have the Masonic emblem stamped on them. That, however, doesn't change the fact that they are just rings.

Regards

[edit on 14-7-2005 by senrak]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
My family has had a Masonic bible in it's family for 51 years now, 1954. It is the King James version, but before it gets to the bible itself it shows all of the President's that were Masons (a huge majority) shows the Masonic presence in Washington including the George Washington Masonic National Memorial and talks alot about how to be a Mason and talks about the all seeing eye and other things. It's at my grandmothers I'll have to bring it to my home in the next week and go over some other details.

I'm really on the fence about Masonry. Do they deceive or have they been deceived? possibly. Have they been unrightly demonized and it's all nonsense? possibly. But what I cannot deny is their undenialable importance in America's history.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJustice
My family has had a Masonic bible in it's family for 51 years now, 1954. It is the King James version, but before it gets to the bible itself it shows all of the President's that were Masons (a huge majority)

Actually I'd like to offer a correction. There have been only 15 U.S. Presidents who were Masons and in 1954 the number was only 13. (Lyndon Johnson and Gerald Ford came after that) 15 out of 43 (now) isn't exactly a majority...let alone a "huge" one.

Sorry...had to point that out.

shows the Masonic presence in Washington including the George Washington Masonic National Memorial and talks alot about how to be a Mason and talks about the all seeing eye and other things. It's at my grandmothers I'll have to bring it to my home in the next week and go over some other details.

Yes, many Masonic Bibles have a bit of Masonic history, etc. in them. Mine also has a section on the building of King Solomon's Temple (which is important in Freemasonry)

I'm really on the fence about Masonry. Do they deceive

No. We don't.

or have they been deceived?

Only slightly. I was told by fundamentalists that upon becoming a Mason I'd become a world-ruler and all I got was southeast Missouri and a bit of western Kentucky. What a raw deal.

But what I cannot deny is their undenialable importance in America's history.

Very true. Sadly, though, many people see that as a conspiracy. I see it as good men doing what good men do...and who just happen to be Freemasons.

We're really a nice bunch of guys and generally quite likeable (except that osirisreborn or resurrected or whatever his name is doesn't like me) Can't win 'em all!

Regards,

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak
Only slightly. I was told by fundamentalists that upon becoming a Mason I'd become a world-ruler and all I got was southeast Missouri and a bit of western Kentucky. What a raw deal.

All I got was this lousy t-shirt (and a neat-o bible and apron).

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join