It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who wants to cover some NEWS in ATSNN?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I just started posting news and so far have had all four upgraded.

I do have one suggestion. I think a comment section for the fix votes would help tremendously.

I have seen too many threads where people have to post public replies to correct simple spelling mistakes.

If we could add an anonymous comment section with the fix u2u it would make it much easier to correct simple mistakes.

Also is it only 750 points for some of the news? Or has it changed to 250?

All of my news items got this message.

Thank you for your quality work and interest in supporting ATSNN. To show our gratitude, you have been awarded 250 ATS points.

Is it no longer 750?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeftBehind
Also is it only 750 points for some of the news? Or has it changed to 250?

ONLY 750?!

Yeah, it got changed to 250 a little while back.

As for a comment section, I don't know how much it would be taken advantage of, especially since it requires more time, but I bet a fair amount of people would write something intelligent. Requires code work, though, and I bet a relatively large amount.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I posted my first news item today and the u2u's I get are kind of weird.
So far I got 2 about "NO: NOT RIGHT" and one "NO: BIAS" u2u.

I am kind of wondering how the heck I am supposed to know why my news item is biased or not right, if the u2u contains no reason or explanation for this.

It just makes no sense that some idiot can screw up a news item by clicking whatever he wants to click in the voting menu, making no sense whatsoever.

Wether or not the NO votes were deserved in my case or not, it is clear that I get pissed off by NO votes without knowing why exactly I am getting them.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-5-2005 by Jakko]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
Wether or not the NO votes were deserved in my case or not, it is clear that I get pissed off by NO votes without knowing why exactly I am getting them.

Haha, nice one.

Suffice to say, it was a good, well written article, and a topic close to my heart. gj.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I would love to post more stuff!

Its been real good tonight, I hope for more in the near future.

Shame about the posts.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
One problem I have been having with some submissions is that some people ignore the additional links section on the submission form.

I see good articles but I send the source fix so that they include more links.

I wish I could communicate it better to the submitter, but without a comment section I can't say that I have no problem with their original link, I just want more links, as others might not be so forgiving and give no votes, instead of fix votes.

Is there a way to make it unsubmittable until they add more links?

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeftBehind
One problem I have been having with some submissions is that some people ignore the additional links section on the submission form.

I see good articles but I send the source fix so that they include more links.

I wish I could communicate it better to the submitter, but without a comment section I can't say that I have no problem with their original link, I just want more links, as others might not be so forgiving and give no votes, instead of fix votes.

Is there a way to make it unsubmittable until they add more links?

Actually, I disagree with this. If you have more links to a story, why not add them in the follow-up yourself? AFter all, the minimum requirement for an acceptable article is ONE main source. There's no reason to vote no just because they don't have multiple sources.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Some of the best finds are from a solitary source. In some cases, other "sources" are simply copied from the original source, and thus including them is moot.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I post articles in ATSNN quite often but im really getting sick and tired of people not voting!

If somebody can take the time to read a submission the least they can do is vote!

Im really sick of seeing submissions with 150+ views and yet it still hasnt been voted 'Up or Down'!

ATSNN should have a window that opens after 30 seconds or so that cannot be closed until the viewer has voted!

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I guess you guys are right, making it unsubmittable wouldn't work.

But I do think there are people who vote no for not haveing multiple sources.

I guess I'm just stuck on the idea of a comment section for the fix votes. They would help tremendously.

new topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join