It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who wants to cover some NEWS in ATSNN?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Oh don't get me wrong, I will keep on doing it. My comment on "why do I bother" was more of rhetorical statement really.

And Gazz, I am of age!! My tipple is a real Ale called Abbot...mmmmmm

[edit on 29/3/05 by stumason]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Oh don't get me wrong, I will keep on doing it. My comment on "why do I bother" was more of rhetorical statement really.

And Gazz, I am of age!! My tipple is a real Ale called Abbot...mmmmmm :

Deal..

Can I see some ID please?

Really ATSNN is a part of ATS.. remember that.. Posting a news submission in ATSNN can be fun.. But remember it has to get through the voting to upgrade.. Not all will make it.. I said the members are picky about their news.. and well.. ATSNN and the voting are a kind of democracy.. But the main thing to remember is that even if your submission is voted out and even moved your work is in ATS.

Keep trying... never give up.. you never know when your submission will hit the jackpot!!

Just ask any member who has had their submission upgraded to ATSNN.

Make the best of your time here always.. and don't worry!!

It really is all good!!!

Gazz

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Can I see some ID please?

Cheeky fecker! I am 23 and I have a daughter...

ATSNN and the voting are a kind of democracy

Pah! Democracy....urrgh..... never works
Give me an Authoritarian Global Dictatorship...should liven things up

Keep trying... never give up.. you never know when your submission will hit the jackpot!!

Just ask any member who has had their submission upgraded to ATSNN.

I have had probably about 8-10 posts (maybe more over time) make it to ATSNN, I just get grumpy when I get a U2U about the ones that don't make it

Its mainly how I have managed to jump from around 8-9000 points a few weeks ago, to nearly 20,000 now. Thats why i get grumpy... I like points....give me points......mmmmm......pointy

[edit on 29/3/05 by stumason]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Pah! Democracy....urrgh..... never works
Give me an Authoritarian Global Dictatorship...should liven things up

I call dibs!

Its mainly how I have managed to jump from around 8-9000 points a few weeks ago, to nearly 20,000 now. Thats why i get grumpy... I like points....give me points......mmmmm......pointy

Points are simply a means to an end. The end of course, is amazing, super-fantastic posting. And cool titles. But mainly the posts.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I like points....give me points......mmmmm......pointy

"The Pointy Birds."
The Pointy Birds are pointy, pointy.
They annoint my head, annointy, 'nointy.

(Steve Martin)

[edit on 30-3-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Has Anyone, who was not grandfathered in to the ATSNN or those with above 25 ATSNN Points, had a submission upgraded to ATSNN in the past two days?

I admit I do not know who all the 25+'s are but I see ALOT of (submission) posts with hundreds of views and some with dozens of replies that are still not voted up or down?

Are they being voted on at all? Are the votes negatting each other out every other view?

Don't Know, Just asking.

Phae

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phaethor

I admit I do not know who all the 25+'s are but I see ALOT of (submission) posts with hundreds of views and some with dozens of replies that are still not voted up or down?

Phae

I think sometimes members get caught up in reading, posting replies and forget to vote.. There are also times when those voting are divided and it can cause an upgrade or downgrade to take longer.

Suggestion: VOTE on every submission!! one way or the other.

Start at the link below and scroll down, find the submissions, read them and VOTE on them.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yes, vote on www.abovetopsecret.com... before it isn't considered "news" anymore.
It is better for a story to be voted to move somewhere rather than it to get old and cleaned out.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I do vote on all the (submissions) I see. I voted for yours Umbrax, before your post.

I think people aren't voting anymore because there isn't a reason to vote. They used to get points for voting, now I don't believe they do so they don't see a reason to vote.

I find it hard that if an Article has hundreds of views that no more than 10 people have voted it down or 20 people have voted it up. And don't forget some of these voters get more than one point.

I don't know. I think it could be broken, If no new ATSNN article has been upgraded or downgraded recently.

Phae

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Are we allowed to campaign or turn up votes for our news submissions here? I thought it was supposed to be anonmyous.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I am Most Certain that the Voting is Broken.

I voted on a message, got the thank you pop up, then posted a reply, at which point I couldn't remember if I had clicked the vote button, so I clicked it again, and got the thank you pop up.

Then I remembered I already voted, so I voted again, and got the thank you pop up again, I clicked it half a dozen times and everytime I got the thank you pop up rather than the you've already voted pop up.

Phae

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The system is not broken.. Just keep voting and you will see.

What may be the case above is a browser issue. Your votes are only counted once.

Calm down... and have fun with it.

Changes are in the works... Submit news, reply to ATSNN stories, and keep voting on all submissions you read.

And remember...

It really is all good.

Now get out there and enjoy this community all here have built!!

Gazz

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I just wanted to post this in the public.

Your ATSNN submission has been voted to be upgraded to an ATSNN story, and can now be seen here:
www.atsnn.com...

Thank you for your quality work and interest in supporting ATSNN. To show our gratitude, you have been awarded 750 ATS points.

Thanks for fixing the problem I reported earlier.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It seems to be working fine for me now too. I clicked on the vote button twice and it said that I had already voted on that story.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
*bump*

One last time before I go.

I leave for a much needed vacation soon... so...

I have learned a lot here.. I have learned that ATS is a fun place to be.. despite all the drama.. It was worth it.

ATSNN... dare I say.. Is more alive today than ever.!!!!

Your contributions are all amazing and I have read and voted on them all.

Thank you!!

If only one here read through this thread and posted some news.. that would have made my day!!

I am proud to have been a part of ATS and ATSNN.. there are really no words.. Simply an awesome community.

So.. where do we go from here?.. The universe is the limit... or is it??

Please keep submitting news.. and discussing it.. make the best of your time here at ATS and in ATSNN always.

I wish you all the best... always.

Gazz

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Enjoy your (I'm sure well deserved) vacation Gazz.
Being the ATSNN Recruitment Officer must be hard work.
j/k j/k Sorry for the misunderstanding earlier in the thread.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
have a fun break dude
!

Dont get too drunk

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phaethor
Has Anyone, who was not grandfathered in to the ATSNN or those with above 25 ATSNN Points, had a submission upgraded to ATSNN in the past two days?

Yes.

Anyway, enjoy Gaz. Infinite - What does too drunk mean? I'm unfamiliar with the phrase...

Vote
Vote
Vote

UK Elections are coming up, celebrate by Voting in ATSNN!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Ill Give it a Shot why not aint gonna hurt nothing in the end

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I tried I am just not a Writer....I will Post some news FOR the writers to write about.......

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join