It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who wants to cover some NEWS in ATSNN?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
See? same problem with ATSNN this respeak!

Use Politcs@ATS!

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

Originally posted by Bikereddie
Or write in 'WORD' and copy and paste once you have spell checked it.

Or use a better made computer (e.g. apple)

I believe the current belief is to NOT copy from word and the like. There are invisible characters that can turn out ugly, as well as special characters. Unless, of course, they changed/fixed this, but I don't think so.

It is best to not use any MS Word copy paste in ATSNN..

Special Characters

Please do not copy-and-paste your submissions from a word processing program without first removing special characters such as "curly quotes" and em-dashes. These special characters cause problems with our XML RSS feeds and submissions with these types of characters will not be upgraded.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Just a quick personal note..

I wanted to take a moment to thank all who have stepped forward and posted some really good news submissions.

And again to invite any member who wishes to join in to do so. I as well as any of the Staff are here to help if we can. You can contact us if you need any help.

This is your community, our community. and ATSNN is a part of that.

Thank you and keep up the great work!

Gazz

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

It is best to not use any MS Word copy paste in ATSNN..

I only said it COULD help, not the be all and end all.
any spell checker is good,

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
I only said it COULD help, not the be all and end all.
any spell checker is good,

Nothing wrong with trying to spell check.. It is "Special Characters" used in Mocrosoft word programs that can cause problems.

You can always use MS Word or Wordperfect.. But when you post make sure you remove and change things like "curly quotes" and em-dashes"

Whatever works best for each of you.

It is all good!!

Looking at ATSNN today.. I must say it all looks GREAT.. seeing so many topics covered and so many names as authors!!

Great work everyone!!

And if you have not yet submitted news.. what are you waiting for???

Gazz

[edit on 28-3-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
*Bump*

Again.. Because I still can.

Gazz

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I personally would submit more news items except for the problem of getting them actually posted.
Every news story that I have posted in the last few weeks have gone through a very agonizing process of attempting to read a mod’s mind to understand the generic modification request U2U. Many, many times, replies to the U2U’s author will go without a response. It seems that the standard used is definitely not standard across the board. One news story can be reviewed by one mod and be rejected while another will bump it. There have also been times when I have submitted a story that was shot down by one of these generic modification requests. While I try and make any changes, another member will post the same exact story with virtually the very same words that caused some mod to reject my story input, is posted and approved. This has happened on more than one occasion and I have requested assistance in understanding what the underlying issue is.
At this point in time, this request has gone un-answered.
Now, I will only post news article if, and only if I believe that is addresses some major issue. My reason for doing this, is if the subject matter is “hot” then I have a better chance of having it posted.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
I personally would submit more news items except for the problem of getting them actually posted. Every news story that I have posted in the last few weeks have gone through a very agonizing process

To you I would say don't give up and keep trying.

If there are errors in your submissions.. or if corrections are needed voting will be suspended until you can fix it.

The bottom line is.. If you produce a good article that members and staff will vote YES on it WILL be upgraded.

Just look at the ATSNN stories now available.

You will see many upgraded stories from many members.

Never give up.. keep trying.

You'll get there.

Gazz

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I have just noticed when I voted for a story, that it did not mention points.

Are we not awarded points anymore? Is this a result of our moaning here?

Hopefully, if so, it will cut down on bogus voting.....

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

I just u2u'ed Gazz about that. I tested it again and yeah, no points. I figured it was in response to some of the erroneous voting habits, I hope it helps.

I'll miss the 5 points per aticle though. *tear*

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

I just u2u'ed Gazz about that. I tested it again and yeah, no points.

And you have my reply.

I can only confirm that I too voted and no points.

I think this is a good move as well.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The above has been quantified. No more points.

See this thread for more info (although not really).

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Bump.. Again.

Come on guys... there is a load of breaking news and top news to cover.

I wish I had more time.

Can any of you help out here and cover some stories?

Get your submissions in and earn a thousand or more points today.

Suggestion .. start looking here:

www.1stheadlines.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Seeing as you have asked nicely Gazz, I will write another excellent journalistic piece or two tonight

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Seeing as you have asked nicely Gazz, I will write another excellent journalistic piece or two tonight

Cool stumason

Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

Remember look to make sure it is not already covered in ATSNN.. make sure you follow the guidlines laid out in this thread and explained again at the bottom of the submission form.

Most of all.. make quality as best you can so people will feel compelled to vote YES.. remember this community is picky about their news and how it is done.

Also VOTE on all submissions!!

And when you feel inspired please reply in existing threads in ATSNN and contribute to the discussions.. and when possible.. provide links and quoted information to add to the topics.

Keep up the great work.. and we may see you soon one day in the Bullpen!!

Gazz

[edit on 29-3-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Absolutely GREAT stuff. Thank you all!

...I've been sick and dealing with RL stuff - so I haven't been posting. No brain, no time. But every time I log in, the front page is better and better,

So good to see so many members posting, and also, to see that people who gave up are trying again. Like Kenshiro - please, please keep writing.

Thanks again - and to you too UM Gazz. Good thread.

sofi

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
...I've been sick and dealing with RL stuff - so I haven't been posting. No brain, no time.

Real... life? Wha?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Cool stumason

Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

Well, i am glad someone likes my writing, as it seems some on here are determined to vote NO regardless of what I post.

Two new stories of mine in their now, voting is underway, but no doubt they will fail. I have a success rate of about 1 in 5 at the moment. Despite all of them being perfectly good stories, perfect spelling, grammar and interesting ones that could lead to a good discussion.

Wonder why I bother sometimes......

[edit on 29/3/05 by stumason]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Well, i am glad someone likes my writing, as it seems some on here are determined to vote NO regardless of what I post.

Two new stories of mine in their now, voting is underway, but no doubt they will fail. I have a success rate of about 1 in 5 at the moment. Despite all of them being perfectly good stories, perfect spelling, grammar and interesting ones that could lead to a good discussion.

[edit on 29/3/05 by stumason]

Don't give up man... Remember even if voted out of ATSNN.. YOUR work is still in ATS... It is all good man.. Please don't give up.

Just think of it as posting in ATS... if it ends up as upgraded to ATSNN.. Be happy.. the beer is on me.. if you are of age of course.

Gazz

[edit on 29-3-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Two new stories of mine in their now, voting is underway, but no doubt they will fail.

Don't SAY that! Try and think positive. ...It might not pull the votes, but you'll be happier while you're waiting.

I have a success rate of about 1 in 5 at the moment. Despite all of them being perfectly good stories, perfect spelling, grammar and interesting ones that could lead to a good discussion.

I know what you mean. I can't tell you how many times I've spent hours crafting the "perfect" story, with pearls pulled from files I've spent 2-4 years building - then it doesn't get a single response, or worse, only about 40 hits. Cringe. Who knows? Maybe it's the headline, or the timing, or maybe the phase of the moon. And then some quick and dirty effort pulls a 100 responses in the first day. Go figure.

But please, please - DON'T STOP TRYING. Please. You will find you get better, and faster, and develop a kind of 6th sense of what will work. But you gotta do the work before it all comes together - and it will, I promise.

I can't tell you, and everyone, how good ATSNN is getting - so many different perspectives, a broad range of great stories - and writers developing and evolving. It's dynamic and exciting. I love it. Please don't stop.

Please - DO bother. You are appreciated.

sofi

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join