It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who wants to cover some NEWS in ATSNN?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Always digging up bones?

A conspiracy within a conspiracy related webiste and discussion forum?

Well make of this thread what you will.

Actually I was just wanting to open up ATSNN a bit more to all of YOU.. I was a member long before an ATSNNN reporter
or Moderator.. and if you look.. I have not even been here a whole year YET!!

dbates .. You rock!!!

In fact everything here at ATS rocks.. Because this is the best damned community on the internet.

The things that are posted within ATS by all of you always amazes me.. ATSNN is just another place for you all to do what you do best.

There are standards of quality that must be met.. And your work has to be voted to either upgrade or down to regular forums.

The main thing is that ATSNN is as much yours as mine.. it is a part of this community.. and it must reflect this impressive community.

ANYONE here with a few tries can get in ATSNN and see what I am talking about.

It is after all what you, I and the entire community do here that really counts.. These are the things that make ATS and ATSNN stand out.. Above all the rest!

So shuddup' and post some news already!!

Or not.. It is up to each and everyone of you!!

Gazz

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
No, I'm not digging up bones. I personally haven't experienced the "lynch mob" nay-voting that some members have alleged. I was just pointing out some possible reasons for a drop off in ATSNN submission rates, be those reasons substantiated or not, and I again encourage others who haven't yet to give it a go.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
No, I'm not digging up bones. I personally haven't experienced the "lynch mob" nay-voting that some members have alleged. I was just pointing out some possible reasons for a drop off in ATSNN submission rates, be those reasons substantiated or not, and I again encourage others who haven't yet to give it a go.

Hey!!!

Have you looked??.. submissions are NOT down.. in fact they were just fine before I started this thread.

ATSNN will always do it's thing... the community will keep it going.. I really just wanted EVERYONE to join in.

Anyone who wants to give it a try.

It is there.. if you want.. and It's just a few clicks away.

By the way.. It is a really nice day today... I just a while ago watched an amazing sunset.. ending a perfect day.

So...

Cheers!!

Gazz

[edit on 25-3-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think this is a good and great idea.

You can count me in.!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Anyone who wants to give it a try.

It is there.. if you want.. and It's just a few clicks away.

By the way.. It is a really nice day today... I just a while ago watched an amazing sunset.. ending a perfect day.

So...

Cheers!!

This is becoming almost surreal. Either that or sleep deprivation is catching up with me.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

This is becoming almost surreal. Either that or sleep deprivation is catching up with me.

Wake up babe.

You ain't dreaming!

And just maybe you should come back and read this all again after some sleep?

Are we having fun here yet?

Gazz

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
alright, you got me Gazz...I'll give it a shot in the near future.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I think that i am too new and inexperianced to post news. I am willing, but i will need alot of help. Besides, i like adding my personalities to news stories. Would someone take me under their wing full time and give me the help i need? Basically i am asking for an adoption.
i am always happy to give back to ATS however i can.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I also am a newbie here but I think calling for a policy to be clarified is a reasonable request. Overlaying a loose requirement to adhere to conspiracy related news provides continuity and is a laudable standard. Under the rubric of “conspiracy related” news items may run the gamut from political to religious but at least they remain pertinent to the expressed mission of ATS. I find these ‘invisible handcuffs” to be an important filter jamming unwanted clap trap about Jackson and the like.

I was not aware that we had the ability to vote on news items and this feature would benefit from promotion. I thank you for reminding me of the incredible value I enjoy being a member of a community with so many high quality people who are engaged in the hard work of thinking.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
For both of you, check out The Newbie Adoption Thread.

Tom, I'd be willing to adopt you if you'd have me. u2u me, or check out the thread.

Alex, that is the point. The fact that a lot of things can be related makes it a very reliable news source with lots of varying information.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
UM_Gazz, I have a queston for you regarding posting to ATSNN.

Last night, I made two submissions to ATSNN (both of which you voted on, and I thank you). The first one was pulled because the article was too old (roughly four months old), and never got a chance to be upgraded. The second submission, was the same story, referencing a far more recent article (posted last week at the Washington Post). This article was actually upgraded, but later removed from ATSNN. I thought that the user voting system was meant to see if us, the common people of ATS felt it was newsworthy, and if so, then it would be an ATSNN article. Is this not the case? The story I covered has not yet been posted on ATS anywhere that I have been able to find, and is of great importance to the American public. Until recently, the story has been largely covered over by other, "more important" stories in the mainstream news. Most people are not aware of it, though it greatly affects them.

What is the purpose of having a user voting system, if a mod can just turn around and decide to move a story from ATSNN if they feel like it?

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
interesting read Obsidian and highlights one of the failings of the system. Good luck to you

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by obsidian468

Last night, I made two submissions to ATSNN (both of which you voted on, and I thank you). The first one was pulled because the article was too old (roughly four months old), and never got a chance to be upgraded. The second submission, was the same story, referencing a far more recent article (posted last week at the Washington Post). This article was actually upgraded, but later removed from ATSNN. I thought that the user voting system was meant to see if us, the common people of ATS felt it was newsworthy, and if so, then it would be an ATSNN article. Is this not the case? The story I covered has not yet been posted on ATS anywhere that I have been able to find, and is of great importance to the American public. Until recently, the story has been largely covered over by other, "more important" stories in the mainstream news. Most people are not aware of it, though it greatly affects them.

What is the purpose of having a user voting system, if a mod can just turn around and decide to move a story from ATSNN if they feel like it?

First of all I am sorry that happened obsidian468 and rest assured I have made my feelings known on this.

I thought your submissions were good.

Please don't let this hold you back from ATSNN.

There are some top staff in ATSNN who can move submissions that do not fit guidlines for current news. In this case the Mod that moved it stated that the news was old.. Too old for ATSNN.. However I wish that choice would have been left up to those who would have voted on it.

Again, I am sorry this happend. We are working on changes in ATSNN and all I am asking is that you all work with us as we work toward a more community driven ATSNN.

Do not let thread moves or downgrades turn you away.. YOUR work is still in ATS!

Again, the offer stands.. TO ALL.. and if I can help please send me a U2U.

obsidian468.. We will work through this.

It is not perfection.. But remember ATSNN is there for EVERYONE!!

Gazz

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm glad to see optimism and a level head from you UM_GAZZ, ATSNN may be saved yet
all we need now is obsidian to post the latest happenings on the Hoff and i'll be happy!

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
UM_Gazz,

Thank you for your support on this. You've helped to make me feel a bit better about the situation. I appreciate your help. Thank you again.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by obsidian468

Last night, I made two submissions to ATSNN (both of which you voted on, and I thank you).

I haven't submitted since the new policy, been busy, but... We get told who votes what on our submissions?!
Hope I didn't make any enemies

JAK

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
I haven't submitted since the new policy, been busy, but... We get told who votes what on our submissions?!

Just posting for clarification on this point. The authors are informed as to whom has voted and which way they did so? Is this true?

Jack

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
That's how I read that.

I don't suppose it would change anyones voting habits or not, but it's very interesting nonetheless.

JAK

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
That's how I read that.

I don't suppose it would change anyones voting habits or not, but it's very interesting nonetheless.

I think people might actually keep this in mind and may well be more reluctant to vote for concern over offending someone. Perhaps some might disagree, after all the articles author is unknown while the voting continues. But should the author continually note that a certain member, although while not realising, repeatedly votes against his offerings tension may well arise.

Also I would have thought it just obvious that voting is always best when combined with anonymity.

I am very surprised.

Jack

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I have no idea what obsidian468 is talking about.
I submitted a story last night. You don't see who votes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join