It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who wants to cover some NEWS in ATSNN?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Since no one is really submitting news.. and some of the ATSNN staff have elected to stand back... Who among you will step forward?

Do you want to submit some news?

I'll be happy to work with you.. and there is a huge pay off in the end if you get your news submission upgraded.

We need reporters.. we need YOU the members to pump some life back into ATSNN.

So are you willing and able?

You should already know how to submit news.. if not look around its not really that hard Just look at how the front page stories look.. But remember you must get past the voting to be upgraded.. so quality is VERY important!!!

You can find many top breaking news stories to cover here:

www.1stheadlines.com...

Also scroll through this thread for more information and links.

So what are you waiting for??

Find it.. report it.. Put yourself in it.. and keep the quality as high as possible.

Above all.. Have fun!!

Or not.. it is up to you!!

All of you!!.. The members of ATS.

Gazz

[edit on 24-3-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I've always wanted to. Maybe i'll give it a shot this weekend.

With your help, of course....

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
So what are you waiting for??

So enough people have been put off by the new system and accusations of bias and bad sources that they won't post anymore?

Posting has dropped off?

You can count me among that group. (not blaming you personally UM_Gazz)

Changes were promissed (see: New ATSNN a success?) and I for one am in a wait and see mode.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Bravo Dg, go for it, I bet you will get some exciting news for us to have a good thread.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
.... < sigh >.....

I have tried. My problem is I go to the submit site and start filling stuff out and seeing whats needed and checking back on the links and such and then say "To heck with it" and just go to the appropriete section and click on "New topic" and post. It's so much easier that way.

Still, considering I pay no fee's or dues to be a part of this community I should be playing a more active role in helping it grow. It's something of a debt that each member should take into consideration.

I shall endeavor to do my part. Look for submissions in the future and you shall see the Wupy.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Bravo Dg, go for it, I bet you will get some exciting news for us to have a good thread.
Thank you, Marg, you're such a good friend

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Anytime !!!!

I'll be happy to help if I can.. But you know what .. Why wait until this weekend?

You can do it right now!!!!

ANYTIME!!!

But again it is up to you.

I can say that the most rewarding time I've had here at ATS was posting news.. Back when I was just a member.. and that was not that long ago.

I really searched for news that fit our community as best I could.. I posted it in my own way and kept to the rules and standards of quality as best I could. But the main thing was.. It was fun and rewarding!!!

To interact and see the replies to a good article was more than rewarding.. I kept coming back for more.. any of you.. ALL of you reading this can do the same.

Just look at the top stories in ATSNN.. see how it is done.. use your personal take on the news and make it something that stands out!!

You will feel like a kid on christamas when it takes off!!

It is fun.. But it is also serious.. Taking on the news can be fun .. But sometimes the topic can have a dark side.. and you must be able to express all aspects of the story.. Keep in mind that quality is most important.. But the content is something that should fit within our community.

Again.. join me.. join us.. all of us here.. Post some news and show us all what you can do.

Discuss it.. write it.. explore ATSNN.. and the world we all are seeking to learn more from.

ATSNN is waiting on YOU!!

Gazz

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
So enough people have been put off by the new system and accusations of bias and bad sources that they won't post anymore?

Posting has dropped off?

You can count me among that group. (not blaming you personally UM_Gazz)

Changes were promissed (see: New ATSNN a success?) and I for one am in a wait and see mode.

Bingo........I knew something has not been the same since the ATSNN reporters were change for the voting system, but that doesn't mean we can not have good news still..........

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
You know, I rarely posted news to ATSNN because I didn't have the time, really, to do that sort of thing. I would come on to ATS, read the important B&B posts, and get off.

LUCKILY, I'm a second term senior, sooo... yeah. I noticed recently, especially the past few days, that ATSNN posts have dropped off. I thought it was just a phase, but I'm guessing it might not be by know, especially if you posted about it.

I thoroughyl intend to get back to starting there. What a great site/sight.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
One more thing.. If you have a problem with the bias in ATSNN or any of the content .. please remember what is there is up to all of you.

WE reporters and ATSNN staff can only cover so much.

And really that has not changed much.

The door is open.. take it while you can!!!

If you want quality and reports that are free of any bias.. well.. Post it!!

We are after all a community.

ATSNN is as much yours as mine.

Make the best of it and while your at it.. earn a few thousand points!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Huh? There's a ton of ATSNN news submissions and articles. Have the stats actually dropped?

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
No it has not dropped.. I would just like to see more contributions from all of YOU.

But hey.. if this is not for you then so be it.

But you are invited to join in with your own submissions.. It's really easy if you look into it.. And it can be quite rewarding.

In many ways.

Gazz

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Since no one is really submitting news.. and some of the ATSNN staff have elected to stand back... Who among you will step forward?

Do you want to submit some news?

I think the non-posting section of ATS needs to be more informed on voting for articles... I did not know how to do it, or even to vote, untill i did my first article todayn and in my oppinion, not enough people take the time to vote. Are 20 votes really needed for the article to be accepted???

[edit on 24/3/05 by ivanglam]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well, I'll give it a whirl.
I tried once when I first started here a year ago and found it a very frustrating thing.
I tried againd mere days befor the latest voting change took place.

I guess I'll try it again.
Now, to find some great off-the-beaten path new sources

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
There was a time when I really wanted to post on ATSNN.

Now if I want to start a post on something and I think it might fit better on ATSNN, then thats where I post it.
Sometimes I start a thread that I think could be on ATSNN but in my mind it seemed better to put it on the regular boards.
If I found ATSNN as rewarding as it said it was supposed to be then I would post more on there.
If you don't know where I'm comming from, just look for my name in the suggestion box.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Umbrax... I have read some of your work in ATSNN... and well.. I am really wanting to read more.. You've posted some really good stuff dude!

Don't think it goes by and no one sees it.. Sometimes the voting can take a bit.. But you have been front page dude.. you already know how that feels.

That front page is now open to all!!

In fact it always has been.

So who among you is brave enough to jump in?

I'll share with you some of what I have done in ATSNN just for the heck of it.. some of it sucks .. OK maybe most of it.. I don't know but it was fun.. here are some examples:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

OK.. so .. some of it sucked.. maybe most of it.. But it worked.. and any of you can do the same!!

Just keep trying.. I know I did.. and with the help of Banshee and Valhall I was able to learn to get it in ATSNN.

It is not as tough as you may think.. and if you never try then you will always wonder.

What have you to lose?

Time?

Do something we all will remember.. Post something good.. really good in ATSNN... TODAY!!

Gazz

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

this seems to be covered gazz...

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I, for one, really enjoy posting on ATSNN, it doesn't take too long to fill out the links and I find the new ATS search and Google News search make it much easier to do so. The most frustrating time I had when submitting was today when I submitted a story about the 9-1-1 tapes from callers at the World Trade Center and I was filling in the links to other news stories (the last, and easiet part or submitting the story mind you) and I accidentally clicked back and had to start over again. But the fact is that I did start over again because not only is it fun to be an amatuer reporter but the 750 point pay-off is awsome! I've never had a story not be accepted, even with the 20 vote requirement.

One thing however, is there something wrong with the submission form today? I noticed on mine, and one other ATSNN post that the entire URL is being included in some links to news storys and ATS threads...I work with HTML and tried to fix it but to no avail...any insight?

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

this seems to be covered gazz...

Doh

You got me

I am so sorry

But hey it happens.

So are you all working up some spectacular submissions???

You better be.

Gazz

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Some important links... first remember it all starts here:

ATSNN

Please also review these threads:

Some of this will help you along the way.

It never hurts to also look at what others have now in ATSNN.. first to see if the story you have in mind is already covered.. but also how others are posting the news. And learn how to stand out with what you do.

Enjoy the spotlight of ATSNN.. and stand proud with what you have done.

It can be more rewarding than you may ever know.... until you see it happen yourselves.

Ok I've done my part.. the rest is up to YOU!!

By the way.. I am doing this on my own at the risk of upsetting the rest of the staff.. so if they chop off my head.. Please remember me.

Gazz

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join